Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rebar Owner's Club (pic heavy)

Hammer · 3049 · 235499

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Rebar Owner's Club (pic heavy)
Reply #930 on: September 27, 2016, 05:51:23 AM

Again, great pic man! Nice background and overall tone. I like the lack of color, SS plays itself well with black and white.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #931 on: September 27, 2016, 07:45:27 AM
After playing with and getting every chance to use the Rebar for more than a week,  the handles are a lot loosen up and easier to use. I have been oiling it a lot and keep open and close, open and close several hundred times everyday when I was watching TV.  The handles are a lot looser and no longer stiff now and won't crack my figers when disengaging the pliers.

I noticed a weird situation to the pliers.  When I open up the pliers, they are super loose and easy to use.  The pliers can be opened by gravity but after some work like wire cutting or some harder screw or even I squeese the handle hard for nothing,  the pliers would become noticeably stiffer.  It can still be opened with one hand easily but not by gravity.  I checked the cutting blade under this situation and see them a bit scratching each others.  I have to disengage the pliers and reopen it or twist the pliers a slightly bit to get rid of the situation.  Does that happen to yours?  By the way,  I found the cutting blade on the pliers align perfectly.  They cut hair!!! That's amazing precision.  Is that the reason to cause stiffer plier after hard squeezes?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:56:42 AM by aurabattler »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #932 on: September 27, 2016, 04:53:12 PM
After playing with and getting every chance to use the Rebar for more than a week,  the handles are a lot loosen up and easier to use. I have been oiling it a lot and keep open and close, open and close several hundred times everyday when I was watching TV.  The handles are a lot looser and no longer stiff now and won't crack my figers when disengaging the pliers.

I noticed a weird situation to the pliers.  When I open up the pliers, they are super loose and easy to use.  The pliers can be opened by gravity but after some work like wire cutting or some harder screw or even I squeese the handle hard for nothing,  the pliers would become noticeably stiffer.  It can still be opened with one hand easily but not by gravity.  I checked the cutting blade under this situation and see them a bit scratching each others.  I have to disengage the pliers and reopen it or twist the pliers a slightly bit to get rid of the situation.  Does that happen to yours?  By the way,  I found the cutting blade on the pliers align perfectly.  They cut hair!!! That's amazing precision.  Is that the reason to cause stiffer plier after hard squeezes?

:think: I don't seem to have that problem but mine won't cut hair either :o Occasionally I have to tighten the cutters up as that seems to loosen from time to time but mine is a few years old as well ;) Hope you figure out what's causing that though :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #933 on: September 27, 2016, 04:53:22 PM

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #934 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:02 PM

:think: I don't seem to have that problem but mine won't cut hair either :o Occasionally I have to tighten the cutters up as that seems to loosen from time to time but mine is a few years old as well ;) Hope you figure out what's causing that though :tu:

I think I can live with it.  Not really a big deal.
It's cool to have a rebar with scissors!!  But I really don't know what to give up for the scissors.  I am always hoping LM would provide "create your own". That would be super cool.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:53:17 PM by aurabattler »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #935 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:28 PM

I think I can live with it.  Not really a big deal.
It's cool to have a rebar with scissors!!  But I really don't know what to give up for the scissors.  I am always hoping LM would provide "create your own". That would be super cool.

If you look at my mod the only thing I lost for the scissors was the lanyard ring and a couple spacing washers ;) I did a little reorder of the tools and viola a Rebar with everything it comes with factory plus scissors, a diamond file and a clip :cheers: Owe and I sharpened the can opener and made it a package opener as well :dd:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #936 on: September 27, 2016, 07:58:23 PM
Kinda sad if you really think about it, that this can be done and LM hasn't done it :-\

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #937 on: September 27, 2016, 09:03:02 PM
 :imws:

hk Offline aurabattler

Reply #938 on: September 28, 2016, 03:17:51 PM
Take apart the fan for a thorough cleaning.  What's better than the Rebar?
_20160928_211557.JPG
* _20160928_211557.JPG (Filesize: 145.13 KB)

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #939 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:29 PM
Gotta love the rebar, but I'm with Poncho on the scissors.  I can't believe LM has come out with a knifeless version but can't seem to come out with a version that has both scissors and a blade.  Hell, I'd almost be willing to give up the serrated blade....almost.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #940 on: September 28, 2016, 04:57:58 PM
Gotta love the rebar, but I'm with Poncho on the scissors.  I can't believe LM has come out with a knifeless version but can't seem to come out with a version that has both scissors and a blade.  Hell, I'd almost be willing to give up the serrated blade....almost.

I think it would be in LM's best interest to have a version that ditched the SE blade and added scissors and still kept the PE blade :cheers: They would have to rearrange a few things because of the lock tab hump but I still think it would be worth it :dd:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #941 on: September 28, 2016, 04:59:12 PM
My additions are shown in this pic :D

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #942 on: September 28, 2016, 07:32:34 PM

:cheers:
ReBlaster X.jpg
* ReBlaster X.jpg (Filesize: 143.58 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #943 on: September 28, 2016, 07:44:30 PM

:cheers:

:dd:

:like:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #944 on: September 28, 2016, 11:33:33 PM

I think it would be in LM's best interest to have a version that ditched the SE blade and added scissors and still kept the PE blade :cheers: They would have to rearrange a few things because of the lock tab hump but I still think it would be worth it :dd:
I guess I'm a little more biased to the original model, if I had to pick one. And although I have the scissors modded into my rebar too, I could totally get by without them it seems. Scissors are good for cutting threads and clipping coupons  :D but I seem to be able to manage with only NEEDING scissors infrequently. And I do use the serrated edged blade enough to not want to go without it.

And for me another factor may just be the quality of the wave scissors. They're just ok. Definitely not great by most standards. In fact the scissors on my wingman are vastly better and bigger. most of the time I'm able to use a knife for the same thing I could use the scissors for, so it's close to a wash for me.

With all that said, I won't remove the scissors from my rebar. They are much nicer to have in lieu of the spacers and lanyard hole.  :tu:

Also I won't tell leatherman my feelings on the matter, because I like you guys!  :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:34:54 PM by kaput »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #945 on: September 29, 2016, 12:04:52 AM

I guess I'm a little more biased to the original model, if I had to pick one. And although I have the scissors modded into my rebar too, I could totally get by without them it seems. Scissors are good for cutting threads and clipping coupons  :D but I seem to be able to manage with only NEEDING scissors infrequently. And I do use the serrated edged blade enough to not want to go without it.

And for me another factor may just be the quality of the wave scissors. They're just ok. Definitely not great by most standards. In fact the scissors on my wingman are vastly better and bigger. most of the time I'm able to use a knife for the same thing I could use the scissors for, so it's close to a wash for me.

With all that said, I won't remove the scissors from my rebar. They are much nicer to have in lieu of the spacers and lanyard hole.  :tu:

Also I won't tell leatherman my feelings on the matter, because I like you guys!  :D
That's an interesting take. I actually prefer the Wave style scissors over the wingman. On thing the wave scissors accomplished (because of the smaller size) you can have a full plain edge and serrated blade, saw, file, and scissors. Instead of substituting the scissors for one long tool, you get all four plus scissors. Again not saying your wrong, because your uses are different and experience is never normative. The wave scissors aren't perfect. I would rate them third. 1) Gerber Flik 2) 91mm Vics 3) Wave. The best scissors I've used on a multi so far has been the Flik scissors. Really strong and they don't have the leaf spring like the vics. It's still a close race with all three. Leatherman needs to do what Poncho did....and Kampfer....and Breezy.....they should just hire MTO members for their R & D department
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #946 on: September 29, 2016, 12:23:29 AM

That's an interesting take. I actually prefer the Wave style scissors over the wingman. On thing the wave scissors accomplished (because of the smaller size) you can have a full plain edge and serrated blade, saw, file, and scissors. Instead of substituting the scissors for one long tool, you get all four plus scissors. Again not saying your wrong, because your uses are different and experience is never normative. The wave scissors aren't perfect. I would rate them third. 1) Gerber Flik 2) 91mm Vics 3) Wave. The best scissors I've used on a multi so far has been the Flik scissors. Really strong and they don't have the leaf spring like the vics. It's still a close race with all three. Leatherman needs to do what Poncho did....and Kampfer....and Breezy.....they should just hire MTO members for their R & D department
Simple online customization brotha, before you buy! It's coming  :tu:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #947 on: September 29, 2016, 12:39:16 AM

haha
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:48:48 AM by Obi1shinobee »

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #948 on: September 29, 2016, 01:29:50 AM
 :multi:
ReBlaster 3.jpg
* ReBlaster 3.jpg (Filesize: 41.96 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #949 on: September 29, 2016, 05:31:02 AM

We can hope :dd: but I just hope if they go this route that the tools won't double in price when they do  :bnghd: :D

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #950 on: September 29, 2016, 05:43:15 AM

We can hope :dd: but I just hope if they go this route that the tools won't double in price when they do  :bnghd: :D

If they ever did rebar with Knife and scissor i wont buy it.. they knifeless rebar dont even look good .. should add bit holder in it
Knifeless Rebar.jpg
* Knifeless Rebar.jpg (Filesize: 37.42 KB)

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #951 on: September 29, 2016, 05:57:32 AM
So. For shiggles, what is the ideal Rebar?

Diamond file
s30v
better awl
large bit holder
scissors
pocket clip
rounded plier head

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #952 on: September 29, 2016, 06:08:17 AM

Diamond file
s30v
better awl
large bit holder
scissors
pocket clip
rounded plier head

Got all that on ReBlaster X  :tu:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #953 on: September 29, 2016, 06:20:46 AM

Diamond file
s30v
better awl
large bit holder
scissors
pocket clip
rounded plier head

Personally I also like/need the

Serrated blade
2 flats

I forgot what the reblasterx has and dosent have. The gut hook I don't think everyone would NEED, but the serrated/hook combo blade may be a good compromise.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #954 on: September 29, 2016, 06:40:04 AM

Diamond file
s30v
better awl
large bit holder
scissors
pocket clip
rounded plier head

Personally I also like/need the

Serrated blade
2 flats

I forgot what the reblasterx has and dosent have. The gut hook I don't think everyone would NEED, but the serrated/hook combo blade may be a good compromise.

Only thing i can see beat ReBlaster X is BLAVE will Enslave ReBlaster X .. BLAVE 50+ Tools  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
BLAVE 1.jpg
* BLAVE 1.jpg (Filesize: 75.75 KB)
BLAVE 2.jpg
* BLAVE 2.jpg (Filesize: 103.56 KB)

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #955 on: September 29, 2016, 06:43:53 AM
Righteous brotha!  :tu: :salute: :tu: :salute:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club