Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Great Week for SAKs!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Great Week for SAKs!
on: May 19, 2012, 04:57:26 PM
I have had many good and great weeks for SAKs lately, but this one is just a little more special.  First... Custom Red Alox from one of our local masters bushidomosquito.

Red Alox:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: Great Week for SAKs!
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:01:18 PM
One more.  Seems like Red ALox has been popular again lately.

The Urban Pioneer (scibeer mod) is my EDC as you can kind of tell from the photos it's had some pocket time. The Farmer is the limted one, which you can sort of tell if you look at the color.  The soldier is just a well used one I don't feel bad putting a few more miles on around the house.  The Pioneer also came to me this week, I still pick them up from time to time.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:43:52 PM by ICanFixThat »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:20 PM
Very nice haul :drool:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ca Offline kahyja

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 05:14:38 PM
Just an awesome selection!! :gimme:

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:26:07 PM
Very nice.  :salute:
Especially the mod.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 05:39:39 PM
Just to clarify not all these came this week, only the Pioneer and the Big Mod, the Bushcrafter came last week... however... there is more to come from this week.

I have to say this is a really great configuration on this mod.  If I need to leave my Spirit at home I think I'll be taking this one if I have room.  I may have to x-nay the keyring like I did from my EDC so it's ready for duty.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:41:38 PM by ICanFixThat »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:21 PM
Picked this up at the post office one morning this week. Usually I wait for the right time to open my SAK packages, I've waited more than a week for the right time to open a special SAK package.  This one I drove to work parked and opened the package right there.  The reason was is that the packaging was just a padded envelope, but it was most important that the box not be damaged so I was worried.  Turned out OK the box was fine, lucky break given the packaging.  That was a big relief.

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 06:36:51 PM
You got a lot of nice ones there. I swear I have had them get crushed even in the box. They come with the pivot rods bowed. Then all the tools hit the liners. I ask the seller and they say they left fine. I have gotten 3 that way now.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 06:38:16 PM
ICanFixThat, you must have quite a sizable collection.  Do you have any pics of all the goodies you own?  I like to see the group shots, especially alox... mmmm.   

Your pocket worn red alox has me wondering how my hard anodized red will pocket wear, but I havent carried one long enough for even a scratch to show.

Cheers
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 07:56:25 PM
This one came in a fancy box I've posted about elsewhere.  A nice Super-Tinker with a Cankey'd Phillips. 

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:01:18 PM by ICanFixThat »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:02 PM
A couple cross posts to bring together some of the pieces from this week.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 08:20:32 PM
ICanFixThat, you must have quite a sizable collection.  Do you have any pics of all the goodies you own?  I like to see the group shots, especially alox... mmmm.   

Your pocket worn red alox has me wondering how my hard anodized red will pocket wear, but I havent carried one long enough for even a scratch to show.

Cheers
I have quite a few SAKs, and I'd love to do some group shots one day; but....

They are not easily accessible, it can take me a very long time to find a particular one, and some just are not accessible at this time. This makes group shots  too time consuming... I can do a a 'this-week' group shot because they are all still hangin around.  Didn't have enough down time this winter to organize location data for the collection, maybe next year. 

Currently I can really only do small shots because I don't have a good space for larger group shots, and I don't even have my desk at the moment for artificial lighting so I have to rely on the time of day to give me decent lighting, that limits my time for photos.

:cheers:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:06:26 PM
A nice Gold Alox Sentry (that's what it is known as today) with shackle. It's in pretty good shape, needs some cleaning inside, but I gave it a quick wipe.  The anodizing is in good shape for a knife of this age.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:08:22 PM by ICanFixThat »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 09:53:01 PM
Not everything is good this week, just opened an international package and it has the wrong knives in it... not a happy about that... but still happy.  Time for lunch.

Wenger belt pouches: These seem to be intended 85mm for 3-layer, 4 layers, and 7 layers respectively.  The big one came in this week so I wanted to photograph them together.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:56:08 PM by ICanFixThat »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 01:26:48 AM

That's a thread I've been waiting for for some time now. I'd love to see what you've collected over the years. :tu: I know you must have a real treasure. :popcorn:

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 02:14:30 AM
Amici,
Bellissima, bravo!!

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 02:38:00 AM

That's a thread I've been waiting for for some time now. I'd love to see what you've collected over the years. :tu: I know you must have a real treasure. :popcorn:

I don't have any real treasures that I've not shown at one time or another or someone else hasn't shown.  There might be a few odds and ends, but I put all the good stuff out there somewhere, if it's important it's put on the wiki.  I have one small group collection I'm building that I have not been actively showing, but it would only interest a small number of collectors.  The best collections are really owned by many people that don't post here... that's too bad; I hope more long time collectors will start posting to the forum or somewhere.

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:10 PM

nice reward :tu:
Get more tools

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 03:17:23 PM

nice reward :tu:
Thanks!  Possibly the best is yet to come, but I better start the day with coffee first.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 06:29:26 PM
Now that the Solo blade discussion has had some kindling thrown on the fire...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:40:43 PM by ICanFixThat »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 06:49:13 PM
Now that the Solo blade discussion has had some kindling thrown on the fire...

(Image removed from quote.)

I've seen that a few days ago in a pic. :tu: Is it a modified Leatherman eyeglass screwdriver? Who makes these?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:57 AM
Some more interesting tools:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 02:34:32 AM
The Toothpic (well let's just say pick) tool and Tweezers are very well made, I believe they will function great, but I have not had time to give them a proper test yet.  I'm also very impressed with their fit in the scales.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:23 AM
I didn't realize some photos were already posted, so those sharpies out there might have an idea what's up with this week's most special SAK.

Bottom-Scale_s2648_02-web-Copy.jpg
* Bottom-Scale_s2648_02-web-Copy.jpg (Filesize: 233.54 KB)

us Offline bushidomosquito

Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 04:27:03 AM
I love that picture. Mind if I use it for my avatar?

Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:38 AM
I've seen that a few days ago in a pic. :tu: Is it a modified Leatherman eyeglass screwdriver? Who makes these?
I think your question has been answered now.  :)

I love that picture. Mind if I use it for my avatar?
Sure no problem, but I think the one you have might be better.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:14 AM
Time for bed so a better wrap-up this thread as the new week has started and I think I've spent all wekend photographing SAKs and SAK accessories.

Quite a while back there was this crazy idea I had that maybe since it had been a few years that I had been carrying the same main EDC that it might be time to get the perfect one.  Master Craftsman bushidomosquito started applying his skills to making special SAKs and it turned out he was wanting to try to do the difficult job of putting the magnifier into a metal housing.  You see I love the magnifiers... but I think the plastic housing ruins the look of a SAK.  I'm one of the strange ones that prefer the new Mag rather than the one in the grey holder, but still it falls short.

Well as most of you know now Aaron did a master job on the magnifier, exceeding my expectations by using a good quality glass lens that is larger and putting it in a Ti Housing that is the finest quality. 

My new EDC was intended to be a Ti Yeoman without the toothpick, and all the small plastic bits for the minidriver, and pen also transformed into steel.

Well it took longer than either of us ever expected, and it didn't come out exactly the way it was originally was envisioned.... but I think you'll agree the final product is a beauty.  I've already managed to scratch it as I was being careless with the substatial new tweezers, so it's ready for work now. I think my EDC was very jealous, but I know which SAK I'm going to grab when I need a magnifier.  As for a new EDC, we'll just have to see how it goes, there were some other mods needed to complete my dream EDC, but I think for now I'm sticking with my existing combo of tools, this new one is on house duty for now.

I want to thank Aaron for all his hard work in designing and building the special pieces for this SAK.  It's truly a SAK I'll really treasure and it is a real highlight in my collection.  :salute:  :cheers:

I've nicknamed it the  'Ti Yeoma'.

Top_s2650_02-web-Copy.jpg
* Top_s2650_02-web-Copy.jpg (Filesize: 235.02 KB)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:48:15 AM by ICanFixThat »

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:36 AM
Ti Yeoma   :cheers:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 05:43:36 AM
Resting with a couple of other nice tools.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%