Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Most Beautiful Vehicle's

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Most Beautiful Vehicle's
on: February 11, 2008, 08:18:05 PM
What's your 3 favourite vehicles based purely on looks, totally regardless of power, speed or any other factor, just pure aesthetics ???

The sort of thing you'd have sat in your front room, to just stare at in wonder ???

Here's my 3...

A Moto Guzzi GTS 500cc, gorgeous from any angle, despite (or because off) having all it's plumming out in the open.

A brough superior, it just scream's speed, a true legend in it's lifetime :drool:

BMW R 32 pure engineering excellence, and genious :o

So what about you fellas ???
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:23:54 PM by micky d »
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Re: Most Beautiful Vehicle's
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:54 PM
Like your bikes by any chance mike?! :D

Well here's three, not sure if they are my favourites but they are purty!
A true classic, Aston Martin DB5

Lockhead SR-71 Blackbird, what a plane!!

And last but most definitely not least, Land Rover 90/Range Rover Hybrid from the show "A 4x4 is Born" Beautiful thing amazing off road! Not the most curvaceous thing but i like it!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:53:24 PM
Nice choices there Mike, bit vintage for me, my choices are all quite modern...

BMW M5. Beautiful to look at IMO...

The Suzuki MotoGP testing bike in black and carbon fiber...

Finally the New Honda Civic, very strange looking but I love it :drool:

[

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:12:25 PM
for speed, get around;

for defense, outback;

to go farther, see the world;

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 09:25:01 PM
The 1st is the 1957 Ford Thunderbird. They have it labeled as a 1967 but it is in fact a 57. IMHO the most beautiful car ever imagined. 

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/mufp_0607_1967_ford_thunderbird/photo_01.html

The 2nd is the Ford F-Series truck. It doesn't matter what year, Ford trucks are beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series

Lastly, as a former US Army Infantryman, the sight of the A-10 Warthog over my head was also a beautiful sight.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/a-10/a-104.html

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline yellowhammer

Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:16 PM
Honda RC30, the finest road bike ever:

RGV 500, as ridden by Revvin' Kevin in1989;

and in 1994;

C

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:00:42 PM
Do you remember 95 when Kevin anounced his retirement, not a dry eye in the house :cry:

And yeah I do like my bikes :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:16:14 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but this is perhaps the most beautiful machine I've ever seen...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:24 PM
To much metal, and twice the amount of wheels ya need :D

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Oooo! I'd forgotten about the AC Cobra, very nice choice!

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 10:19:27 PM
Here's a simple manta to live by, ''Two wheels good :angel: Four wheels bad :twak:'' .

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:20:23 PM
Nothing wrong with 4 wheels, as long as all 4 of them are powered!

Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 10:21:41 PM
Nothing wrong with 4 wheels, as long as all 4 of them are powered!
:twak: :twak: :twak:

I take it you've never experienced the bowel lossening joy of yanking the taps open on a 1000cc bike then :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 10:23:04 PM
How about the Honda Rune?

With a custom kit:

Dodge Tomahawk?

Or a vintage Zundapp?

Indian?

Or even an old BSA Lightning?

How's that for bike options? :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:24 PM
I like all of those mate :drool:, doesn't that elephant look gorgeous :)

Except the tomahawk, far to designed and clean for a bike ::)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:01 PM
All these bike pictures are gradually helping me make the decision if to ride a bike or not. After hearing fuel prices are rising again, and after having just done my MOT and insurance on my car... I'm now seriously considering it.
[

Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:27 PM
All these bike pictures are gradually helping me make the decision if to ride a bike or not. After hearing fuel prices are rising again, and after having just done my MOT and insurance on my car... I'm now seriously considering it.
Now's the time to do it mate, wobble around a bit in the tail end of winter, build some experience, then have some fun on it over summer >:D

What sorta bike are you after mate?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:02 PM
It's not really a bike... if you look closely, it has 4 wheels! :D

Maybe Mikey can fill in a few more details, but it was merely a concept bike that stuck the v-10 engine found in the Dodge Viper into a bike frame.

Def

Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:11 PM
Thats one of the reason's I never liked it, car engines very rarely work in bike's :-\, for every good one like the quasar, there's even more bad handling ugly behemoths too, munch anyone :o

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:56 PM
I remember reading about that bike when it first cropped up, at the time i was thinking who would be stupid enough to ride one of them! Then i came here and found micky d! :D :P

Offline cryptrick

Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:13 PM
Now's the time to do it mate, wobble around a bit in the tail end of winter, build some experience, then have some fun on it over summer >:D

Well as you know I really don't know much about bikes at all so I'm not sure what I'd get. Something that has a bit of speed but not an all out racing machine. Its just that I feel cars are so expensive for what they are. What are the running costs compared to a car? They have to be cheaper dont they?
[

Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:30 PM
I remember reading about that bike when it first cropped up, at the time i was thinking who would be stupid enough to ride one of them! Then i came here and found micky d! :D :P
I've read some damn heavy scary bikes in my time, but the original Munch's where bloody stupid!

An 1100cc NSU rally car engine in a comparitively spindly over built featherbed frame, with 110ish crossply tired rear wheel :o just asking for trouble ::)

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 10:39:26 PM

Well as you know I really don't know much about bikes at all so I'm not sure what I'd get. Something that has a bit of speed but not an all out racing machine. Its just that I feel cars are so expensive for what they are. What are the running costs compared to a car? They have to be cheaper dont they?
I depends what route you go down, if you buy a sensible bike 125 - 500cc, then your going to get between 130 mpg to 60 mpg, and 60 ish to 120mph, if you go down the 600 -1000cc then your going to get bettween 35 and 55 mpg, 140mph to a restricted 187mph :D, but the running costs are VERY high if your gona use it daily

Offline cryptrick

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 10:44:45 PM
Thanks for that mike. Yeah I'd have to use it daily to get to work and back. I suppose you'd go through the tyres quick on bikes wouldn't you? Perhaps as a young biker the costs would probably be similar overall to a little car :(
[

Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 10:49:37 PM
That not neccessarily the case, assuming you past your test, you could get something like a Honda CB500, insure it for between 300 - 500, thrash it get 45 mpg take it easy get 65mpg, tyres should last about 8000 miles and will cost you about £60ish quid :)

Plus you can load it down with panniers for all your work stuff, or take em all off and get your knee down at the round about of your choice :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 10:55:09 PM
That not neccessarily the case, assuming you past your test, you could get something like a Honda CB500, insure it for between 300 - 500, thrash it get 45 mpg take it easy get 65mpg, tyres should last about 8000 miles and will cost you about £60ish quid :)

Plus you can load it down with panniers for all your work stuff, or take em all off and get your knee down at the round about of your choice :)

Hmmm, worth considering definitely. Its probably worth me just getting the test past and go from there. I have a full driving license, does that come into consideration when learning, I heard it does but can't quite remember how?
[

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:43 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but this is perhaps the most beautiful machine I've ever seen...

(Image removed from quote.)

Def

Def, a superb choice. :)  I am also very fond of the Shelby GT500...
I'm back!!

Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 11:00:39 PM

Hmmm, worth considering definitely. Its probably worth me just getting the test past and go from there. I have a full driving license, does that come into consideration when learning, I heard it does but can't quite remember how?
Nope completely clean slate, although you can ride a 50cc on your car liecence, but I wouldn't recomend it :o

Best be would be to go to your local bike shop, and ask about doing a CBT (compulsory basic training) it's less than a £100 (forget how much they are now) and you can spend a whole day on a bike with an instructor to see if bikings for you, plus at the end off it you get your cbt liecence which entitles you to ride 125 or less for 3 years, without taking your main test :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 11:07:14 PM

Nope completely clean slate, although you can ride a 50cc on your car liecence, but I wouldn't recomend it :o

Best be would be to go to your local bike shop, and ask about doing a CBT (compulsory basic training) it's less than a £100 (forget how much they are now) and you can spend a whole day on a bike with an instructor to see if bikings for you, plus at the end off it you get your cbt liecence which entitles you to ride 125 or less for 3 years, without taking your main test :)

Nah, I wouldn't touch a bike before the CBT, I'd need good training first :)  So a CBT can be done and passed in just one day?? One thing I don't want to have is a Scooter/Moped, those hairdryers do annoy me lol >:D  I'd have to get a proper bike :D
[

Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:10 PM

Nah, I wouldn't touch a bike before the CBT, I'd need good training first :)  So a CBT can be done and passed in just one day?? One thing I don't want to have is a Scooter/Moped, those hairdryers do annoy me lol >:D  I'd have to get a proper bike :D
Like this one >:D

Thats only a 125 :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56