Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs in public places (or other multitools)

Top-Gear-24 · 2096 · 109850

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Re: SAKs in public places (or other multitools)
Reply #1230 on: October 23, 2020, 05:42:53 PM
Well, actually, my oldest son found them (he's quite the Kimi fan, who knows where he got that from...).

:whistle:

Anyway, we bought them here.  At 12 Euro the price/quality is good, and they are official team merchandise so...

We went for the fastest tracked shipping (since we also bought two caps, and a Kimi hoody) and everything got delivered, very nicely packed, 3 or 4 days after we placed our order.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by this axe I rule

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1231 on: October 23, 2020, 06:27:46 PM
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cheers:

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1232 on: October 26, 2020, 09:18:13 PM
Hike on the Schnebelhorn, a "bigger hill" 1292 m.a.s.l

If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1233 on: October 26, 2020, 10:29:02 PM
Beautiful, beautiful pics, every each one of them  :drool:.

Those colors,that scenery, those amazing skies... :o

And your choice of SAK is also perfect  :tu:.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures here my friend, I'm going through a bit of a rough time lately and your pictures came at just the right moment to help clear my head a bit, thank you so much  :salute:.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1234 on: October 27, 2020, 10:44:55 PM
Hello Eric
Thank you for your words. It is always a pleasure for me in your thread.  :salute:

This OC Solo has been my spare time knife for many years and has already appeared on this thread many times.
I found it in the estate of my grandfather who taught me to see and appreciate the beauty of our nature.

I wish you "smoother times".
Best regards from corona hotspot Switzerland
Peter
(Leo Tolstoy)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1235 on: November 01, 2020, 07:01:37 PM
Today my son and I took a walk to the nearby "Hegi" Castle.
Rainy weather and dusk, unfortunately not the best pictures. But what a cute little castle! 
We'll visit that again when the weather is nice and when it is open to visitors!

Englisch info Site: https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/experiences/hegi-castle/
Wikipedia (only german): https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Hegi

(Leo Tolstoy)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1236 on: November 01, 2020, 08:47:39 PM
Beautiful pics, looks like an awesome place to talk a walk  :tu:.

Even though I've only been there once on vacation (not counting our visits to Liechtenstein each time we went on vacation to Austria), we really love Switzerland.

Most beautiful country in the world (and the fact that you can buy some sweet SAKs there is a nice bonus 😉).

We'll have to see how this Covid-19 situation goes, but if we can go on vacation next year I hope we will go to Switzerland again. Where we go depends mostly on the financial situation, enough savings = Switzerland, a bit less savings = Austria (Switzerland is more expensive all things considered , and it gets even more costly with every shop we visit or with each trip to the Victorinox factory  ::)).

Last year we didn't get to go on vacation cause of our income being uncertain (me having serious issues at work), so we thought, "oh well, guess we'll just skip a year..." ,  little did we know what was going to happen in 2020...

We miss the mountains... Especially Misses TG-24, our little girl and me (the boys don't really care about vacation that much, playstation you know  ::)).

Anyway, thank you for sharing those beautiful pics of equally beautiful places (when we visit Switzerland again, sometime in the future, I'll make sure to check this topic to see which places we could add to our schedule  ;)).

Greetings from Belgium, stay safe  :salute:.

P.S.: I already know that I'm going to nominate one of your latest pics for the November Calendar topic  ;).

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1237 on: November 07, 2020, 03:02:44 AM
I know the title of this topic says SAKs (or other multitools), but since this topic is beginning to look more and more like a topic for myself and only a handful of my MTO friends, I guess the title doesn't really matters anymore...

So if you guys want to post pics of your watches, hiking GPS's, walking sticks, backpacks, cars, etc... (or just a scenery shot, I love a beautiful scenery shot) go nuts  :tu:.

I know I've posted numerous pics of other stuff already here (mostly watches), and I'm guessing that, at this point, this topic has gotten so "exclusive" that it doesn't really matter anymore  ;).

So, here's a pic of my latest Pro Trek watch, taken today during a short hike with the Misses and our little girl.

Nothing fancy, only a few kilometers from my home, next to the local river. Due to the current Covid-19 lockdown over here it seems as if everybody who goes shopping or spends his time in a restaurant or bar otherwise now, all the sudden, needs to re-connect with nature again.

Turning the places where I usually go to relax and get away from other people into overcrowded, noisy infection hot-spots...

So the only places left for me to go are the most boring ones (with almost no possibility to take some nice SAK pics) and sadly enough, even there you can feel that it's getting busier day by day...

If this trend continues I'll be forced to stay inside my home pretty soon.  Only going outside to go to work... Or hope for sh*tty weather  ::).

Anyway... Here's the pic:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1238 on: November 07, 2020, 04:51:18 PM
Not much difference on Antwerp's parking lot...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1239 on: November 07, 2020, 05:15:09 PM
Not much difference on Antwerp's parking lot...

Antwerp's parking lot...

The way I see it, you guys are the poshy suburbs while the more you move in the direction of Antwerp city, the more it turns into a ghetto...

Anyway, it's getting real depressing, the type of folk you see in the woods these days 🙄.

Hey, we're used to strolling along our busy shopping streets, let's do the same with those 2 square kilometers of forest we have here...

Oh mushrooms, let's kick them over, or you know what, let's just trample anything we come across... And let's be as loud and obnoxious as possible while doing so.

And don't forget to spray 2 liter of Chanel N°5 before you go out, because that way we'll fit in nicely in the woods...

Does it show that I'm a bit frustrated?

(didn't anybody teach them not to mess with the guy who has 2 fixed blades and an axe in his backpack :viking:)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1240 on: November 07, 2020, 05:18:23 PM
I have to admit...
People here stop at mushrooms to look at them, and tell kids to look but don't touch.

I have seen only 1 kicked over mushroom this season so far.

Strange how we're so close, yet different...

We're planning on heading out again tomorrow too.
Obviously short distances since mrs. isn't that good yet. But we were thinking of taking coffee and cake with us for a woodland coffee break :D

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1241 on: November 07, 2020, 05:45:58 PM
I have to admit...
People here stop at mushrooms to look at them, and tell kids to look but don't touch.

I have seen only 1 kicked over mushroom this season so far.

Strange how we're so close, yet different...

We're planning on heading out again tomorrow too.
Obviously short distances since mrs. isn't that good yet. But we were thinking of taking coffee and cake with us for a woodland coffee break :D

Well, it's not as if every mushroom is kicked over, just seems more than usual.

My frustration is mainly because I've lost the places where I go to be "away" from people, to get some fresh air, to blow off some steam...

Anyway, sounds like a great plan to take the Misses for a woodland coffee brake, hope you two can find a calm and relaxing spot to enjoy your coffee and cake  :salute:.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #1242 on: November 07, 2020, 05:55:25 PM
Obviously I'd provide photographic evidence :D

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1243 on: November 08, 2020, 05:21:35 PM
Hello Eric

Sorry for my late reply. Lots of work (luckily) and free time is far too little for family time and my other hobbies. I'm a little anti-social on the Internet, always offline for a few days. But when I look on the web, it always goes to this extraordinary forum.

I am honored that you like my country so much. I am ashamed that I have nothing to say. I've never been to Belgium.

Yes, let's see what comes after Corona. We love to travel around Switzerland, especially around lakes and in the mountains. Domestic travel is unrestricted in Switzerland, but with all the Corona rules it is not so much fun and does not show solidarity. We stay at our place of residence in our free time and go on foot or by bike. That's why I'm currently not posting photos of must-see places here, but simply local spots from my area, which is unfortunately very flat for Swiss standards.

My big exception is work. I work 40 minutes' drive away in the Alpstein region. A mini mountain range in the east of Switzerland. Today, Sunday, I had to work there and took a photo during the break.

Best greetings from Switzerland
Peter

(Leo Tolstoy)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1244 on: November 08, 2020, 05:52:20 PM
I've just read your last comments, it's a shame to hear that your quiet places in the nature are overrun by urban trolls, that's really very annoying.  :-[

I live in Winterthur, a small town with 130,000 inhabitants surrounded by hills and lots of forest. It has many parks and some locally known excursion destinations on the outskirts that are now too busy when the weather is good. I "lost" my favorite places during the lockdown.  :rant:

But luckily these people stay there and don't spread out further into the forests and hills. And most people seem too weak for the autumn weather. For a few months now there is mostly a layer of fog in the sky, so no sun. In addition, below 10 degrees, a bit of wind and abracadabra - the urban trolls withdraw into their urban caves!  :D

I wish you very much that you get your resting places back! :viking:

Best regards
Peter
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #1245 on: November 10, 2020, 02:02:31 AM
I know the title of this topic says SAKs (or other multitools), but since this topic is beginning to look more and more like a topic for myself and only a handful of my MTO friends, I guess the title doesn't really matters anymore...

So if you guys want to post pics of your watches, hiking GPS's, walking sticks, backpacks, cars, etc... (or just a scenery shot, I love a beautiful scenery shot) go nuts  :tu:.

I know I've posted numerous pics of other stuff already here (mostly watches), and I'm guessing that, at this point, this topic has gotten so "exclusive" that it doesn't really matter anymore  ;).

So, here's a pic of my latest Pro Trek watch, taken today during a short hike with the Misses and our little girl.

Nothing fancy, only a few kilometers from my home, next to the local river. Due to the current Covid-19 lockdown over here it seems as if everybody who goes shopping or spends his time in a restaurant or bar otherwise now, all the sudden, needs to re-connect with nature again.

Turning the places where I usually go to relax and get away from other people into overcrowded, noisy infection hot-spots...

So the only places left for me to go are the most boring ones (with almost no possibility to take some nice SAK pics) and sadly enough, even there you can feel that it's getting busier day by day...

If this trend continues I'll be forced to stay inside my home pretty soon.  Only going outside to go to work... Or hope for sh*tty weather  ::).

Anyway... Here's the pic:

(Image removed from quote.)

This is one of those threads where one can't bear to disturb the natural scenery.  As we say - Leave No Trace. 

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1246 on: November 13, 2020, 07:47:02 PM
Friday evening, end of work. I wish everyone a good weekend.  :cheers:

(Leo Tolstoy)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1247 on: November 13, 2020, 10:54:14 PM
Friday evening, end of work. I wish everyone a good weekend.  :cheers:

Beautiful view you have there my friend  :drool:.

And what you said in your previous post, about the urban trolls going back to their cages when the temperature drops, and rain and fog set in, is so true.

While I really enjoy a nice sunny day in autumn, I don't mind the cold and fog if this means I get the place for myself  ;).

Thanks for posting your beautiful pic here, showed it to my family and they were all jealous 😉.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1248 on: November 14, 2020, 07:37:06 PM
Today the sun finally shone again, we had many days of fog at our place of residence. Mrs. Sneider recommended a walk, Sneider Junior and I couldn't say no.
In a short walk we are on a hill with the Mörsburg (I have already shown here) and a beautiful view of the Alps, our house and my place of work 60 kilometers away.

Juniors Walker, my OC Solo and my wife's Titan Excelsior.

The mountain in the middle of the picture is the Säntis, that's where I work. It was already on my last (and many other post) to see.

And a panorama of the whole view

Greetings from Winterthur
Peter

(Leo Tolstoy)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1249 on: November 14, 2020, 08:10:24 PM
Hey Peter  :cheers:,

Again, such awesome pics  :drool:.

I know you said you live in the "flat" part of Switzerland, but judging from your pictures it seems to be a perfect place for those nice relaxing hikes with the family (without the added "stress" of going up and down a 3000m high peak), and the view is still stunning.

Love how you put the names on that last pic, looking at that pic it feels as if I'm there, looking at one of those tourist information signs showing which town or castle is where...   Nicely done :tu:.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures here, and for keeping my humble topic alive, really appreciate it my friend  :hatsoff:.

Greetings from Berlaar (that's the town where I live, in the south of the provence Antwerp, now you can do a google earth search as well, to have an idea of the region where I live  ;)).

Eric  :salute:.

au Offline Echotech

SAKs in public places (or other multitools)
Reply #1250 on: November 15, 2020, 04:36:35 AM
This is the small fishing village of Brooklyn, NSW near Sydney. One of my favourite places for a walk and let Coco have a swim (non SAK pic below).
Taken specifically for this thread :)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #1251 on: November 15, 2020, 09:33:10 PM
Hello Eric

Thank you. Yes, this part of Switzerland is beautiful too and I am deeply rooted in Winterthur. But the high alpine landscape is much more exciting for me and always breathtaking. 3000 meters in altitude up and down, yes that is tough! I'm not very fit, a third of it is enough for me.

It's my honor, I like this thread! And I love to see in which areas and places of the world other knife fans are. And I always like to see outdoor edc stuff pictures, so this thread is perfect.

I know you once mentioned that you live with Berlaar and posted photos from the Sint-Pieterskerk. It is noticeable that you, as a castle fan, do not show any photos of the Hof van Rameyen or any other pretty kasteel here.  :pok:

Best regards and  :cheers:

Peter
(Leo Tolstoy)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2020, 10:08:53 PM
This is the small fishing village of Brooklyn, NSW near Sydney. One of my favourite places for a walk and let Coco have a swim (non SAK pic below).
Taken specifically for this thread :)

Hey Echotech,

Beautiful pics of a stunning place mate  :drool:

Just checked Google Earth and it seems as if you're literally surrounded by national parks  :o.

That's what I like best about this topic, you get the chance to "visit" your MTO friends (be it virtually).

Looks like your 4 legged friend enjoyed the cooling water there, great pic  :tu:.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics here my friend, I appreciate it very much  :hatsoff:.

Greetings from Berlaar (Belgium),

Eric

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2020, 10:25:02 PM
Hello Eric

Thank you. Yes, this part of Switzerland is beautiful too and I am deeply rooted in Winterthur. But the high alpine landscape is much more exciting for me and always breathtaking. 3000 meters in altitude up and down, yes that is tough! I'm not very fit, a third of it is enough for me.

It's my honor, I like this thread! And I love to see in which areas and places of the world other knife fans are. And I always like to see outdoor edc stuff pictures, so this thread is perfect.

I know you once mentioned that you live with Berlaar and posted photos from the Sint-Pieterskerk. It is noticeable that you, as a castle fan, do not show any photos of the Hof van Rameyen or any other pretty kasteel here.  :pok:

Best regards and  :cheers:

Peter

Hey Peter,

Thank you for the kind words, and I think it's great that you like this topic so much (and for the same reasons I do).

And you sure did your homework on my hometown  :tu:.

The castle "Hof van Rameyen" is only 2km from my home, and we always ride past it when we go mountainbiking, but it can be a bit crowded there since a lot of people start their hikes there as well.  But I'll try to get some pics of it in the future  ;).

About 1km to the North West of "Hof van Rameyen" there's a tiny village named Gestel, it's very nice with its small church surrounded by the old cemetery, and the old "schandpaal" (don't know how to translate this, but it's an old stone pillar to which people were chained back in the old days, and bystanders could throw stuff at them, as punishment).

I have some pics of Gestel somewhere, I'll try and post a couple of them here when I find them.

Greetings from Berlaar,

Eric

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2020, 11:41:04 PM
Hey Echotech,

Beautiful pics of a stunning place mate  :drool:

Just checked Google Earth and it seems as if you're literally surrounded by national parks  :o.

That's what I like best about this topic, you get the chance to "visit" your MTO friends (be it virtually).

Looks like your 4 legged friend enjoyed the cooling water there, great pic  :tu:.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics here my friend, I appreciate it very much  :hatsoff:.

Greetings from Berlaar (Belgium),

Eric
Thanks Eric :tu:
yes we’re very lucky around here, lots of bush and beaches, as we come into summer the weather is warming up, (up to 45c in western Sydney today), intend to make the most of both.

I live about 25km south of Brooklyn in Sydney’s northern suburbs, pretty close to Huntsman from this forum who lives a couple of suburbs away.

I’ve lived in Sydney since 1984 but grew up in the Cotswolds in England, Belgium was the first country I ever visited on a school trip when I was 15, we mostly stayed in the very beautiful Brugge, but went to Brussels and other places.

It holds very happy memories for me…I remember we were most impressed that the pubs served us and the beer was truly incredible :cheers: that was 1978…the song Ca Plane Pour Moi was being played everywhere but hadn’t hit England yet, we thought it was brilliant :)

Berlaar looks like it has some very impressive buildings and great history :like:

All the best

John

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1255 on: November 21, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
Thanks for the kind words John  :salute:.

And Brugge is indeed very beautiful, but can be too crowded for me.  And yes, most pubs don't mind serving beer to 15 or 16 year olds, at least that's how it was when I was that age (back in the 90's), my oldest son is 15 years old now, so maybe I'll find out if they still serve teenagers beer in the near future  ::).

Please feel free to post as many pics here as you want, tools, tools and scenery, only scenery, it's all good here  :tu:.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1256 on: November 21, 2020, 12:27:32 AM
Went for a short walk with my little girl (she always wants to go hiking).

I found the key to avoid the busy moments in the woods these days is to go real early, or just before dusk...

So we arrive when most people go home, just the way I like it  :D.

Here are a couple of pics.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1257 on: November 21, 2020, 02:21:51 AM

Thanks Eric, you’ve got me thinking about those Belgium beers :)

Here’s a few photos from the last few weeks travels, all taken within about 150km radius of Sydney. Bush recovering after the fires

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #1258 on: November 22, 2020, 03:36:52 AM
Hey John,

Again, beautiful pics mate.  How I wish I could visit some of these places  :dd:.

Maybe if I won the Euromillions lottery, or maybe I should just react to those mails from that African Prince who needs help in claiming the millions he inherited...

And I see a lot of Belgian beers lately, I work in a brewery since januari this year, after working in a hospital for 15 years, I quit that job a month or two before Covid-19 hit, talking about dodging a bullet (well, Mrs TG-24 still has to deal with Covid-19, since her department in the home for the elderly where she's been working for 24 years now just went into full quarantine last week).

Anyway, about those beers, the irony here being that I haven't had a beer since I was 18 years old or so, when I applied for the brewery job they told me this little fact was actually a pro instead of a con  :D.

Hope I didn't make too many typos or grammar mistakes, since it's 3.30 at night here, and I'm feeling a bit drowsy.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your awesome pics here, I really appreciate it  :salute:.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1259 on: November 22, 2020, 06:22:39 AM
Hey John,

Again, beautiful pics mate.  How I wish I could visit some of these places  :dd:.

Maybe if I won the Euromillions lottery, or maybe I should just react to those mails from that African Prince who needs help in claiming the millions he inherited...

And I see a lot of Belgian beers lately, I work in a brewery since januari this year, after working in a hospital for 15 years, I quit that job a month or two before Covid-19 hit, talking about dodging a bullet (well, Mrs TG-24 still has to deal with Covid-19, since her department in the home for the elderly where she's been working for 24 years now just went into full quarantine last week).

Anyway, about those beers, the irony here being that I haven't had a beer since I was 18 years old or so, when I applied for the brewery job they told me this little fact was actually a pro instead of a con  :D.

Hope I didn't make too many typos or grammar mistakes, since it's 3.30 at night here, and I'm feeling a bit drowsy.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your awesome pics here, I really appreciate it  :salute:.

Greetings from Belgium,

Eric
:tu: Eric, good luck with the Euromillions…and that prince :rofl:
Work in a brewery and don’t drink the stuff, I can see the advantage but reckon I’d enjoy both :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%