Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BUGOUT BAG IDEAS, PLEASE

N_N_R · 62 · 9811

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: BUGOUT BAG IDEAS, PLEASE
Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 03:21:37 AM
Zatoichi, are you going with the ALICE frame that Blackhawk ships?

Years ago, they used an imported frame, not sure if they still do. And I've seen not just rivet but also weld failures on imported ones. Having seen some corners cut by BHI and some special stitching, I always suggest giving everything from them a shake down, and then hope it doesn't implode in the real world. :)

Of course, you could go with the Down East 1606, which duplicates the old trick of cutting down a Ramflex frame, or Hellcat it, but I'm not sure if those frames will work quite right with the SOF (or the TT MALICE). I guess my question would be, what is the plan for a pack that large- my Crestone is that big, but I got it when the back up plan was a 100+ mile walk based on the chance the vehicle wasn't able to get through.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Offline zatoichi

Re: BUGOUT BAG IDEAS, PLEASE
Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 06:07:00 AM
Zatoichi, are you going with the ALICE frame that Blackhawk ships?

Years ago, they used an imported frame, not sure if they still do. And I've seen not just rivet but also weld failures on imported ones. Having seen some corners cut by BHI and some special stitching, I always suggest giving everything from them a shake down, and then hope it doesn't implode in the real world. :)

Of course, you could go with the Down East 1606, which duplicates the old trick of cutting down a Ramflex frame, or Hellcat it, but I'm not sure if those frames will work quite right with the SOF (or the TT MALICE). I guess my question would be, what is the plan for a pack that large- my Crestone is that big, but I got it when the back up plan was a 100+ mile walk based on the chance the vehicle wasn't able to get through.

It looks like an Alice frame.

One of the reasons why I went with an external frame as some grunts noted that their internal frames occasionally failed. That said, I am no longer a young man so even with training Iit would not be wise for me to carry not much more than thirty five total pounds.  A bit more might be more than I can handle.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%