Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Opinions on 3D TVs.

Chako · 36 · 3562

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: Opinions on 3D TVs.
Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:10 AM
Glad you like your new toys. :tu: Can we visit you and watch too? :pok:

That LG really sounds like it diserves a GoldStar. ;)

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 05:42:52 AM
I didn't even know 3D TV was an option  :-\

I got rid of my idiot lantern (TV) about 4 or 5 years ago, and not regretted it in the slightest. In fact I've done the layout in the house I've moved into in such a way there is nowhere to put a telly.

I'm happy with a book, radio, internet or DVD on PC/Laptop, all accompanied by a glass of wine (or whatever). It's what I want, when I want, instead of prescribed drivel aimed at the lowest common denominator and pumped out on a rigid schedule to suit target demographics.
 :whistle:

The only good thing on telly back then was House MD, and I was never in to watch it so I just waited for the box set. I figured I wouldn't miss it if I got rid, and actually found it quite liberating as those evenings where I'd sit there staring at stuff I didn't really want to watch just because it was easy, got filled with other things - although most folk just think it's wierd and have a look of total panic in their eye when faced with the thought of no telly :D :D :D

This is where I'm at :cheers:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:41 PM
The TV so far, no complaints. 46" to 55" is a big difference.

However, I did come across a landmine of sorts.

My old Harmon Cardin AVR355 audio receiver won't handle 3D signals. Something about HDMI 1.4 being required for 3D signals to pass through from the 3D blu-ray to the TV. My receiver only accepts HDMI 1.3 signals.  :facepalm:

The end results, last night when I got everything set up and popped a 3D video into the 3D capable blu-ray, I get a message on the TV screen stating that there is an issue and it won't play my video.

After much online digging, I found out about the whole HDMI 1.3 v.s. 1.4 standards, and the grief that has caused a few people...and here I thought I had figured it all out.  :rofl:

Looks like I may be in the market for a 3D capable audio receiver in the very near future.  :-[
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

scotland Offline hansthebear

Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 03:30:22 AM
output bluray player direct to tv via hdmi for video, use coaxial or optical audio output from bluray to receiver, sorted!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:43 PM
Already on it. An electronic store employee told me to do just that.  I now have the cables...just need the time to rearrange everything.  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 03:49:32 AM
Got it all figured out earlier today. I watched Yogi Bear in 3D (I didn't pick it...it was part of a package deal bundle when I bought the TV. Actually, I am very happy to say that I didn't go nuts watching it either...no sore eyes, convulsions, or foaming at the mouth. Passive 3D is the only way to go I think.

I also bought a WW2 History channel documentary on 3D photography/cinematography in Germany. That also knocked my socks off.  :salute:  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21