Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Becker BK3 / new truck tool 5366

Jr. Member Posts: 93

jwh

Becker BK3 / new truck tool
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
I picked this up to keep in my truck. It's not much this big, sharp pry bar can't do.

jwh
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,365 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Becker BK3 / new truck tool
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
Nice- I have a CRKT MAK-1 with the Extrik-8R designed by James McGowan (also a member here btw!  :D) and I love it.  I think it may need a permanent home in my Jeep as much like the BK3 it can pretty well get you out of anything, whether it be a twisted wreck or some trees on the trail!

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Jr. Member Posts: 93

jwh

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:26:04 AM »
Nice- I have a CRKT MAK-1 with the Extrik-8R designed by James McGowan (also a member here btw!  :D) and I love it.  I think it may need a permanent home in my Jeep as much like the BK3 it can pretty well get you out of anything, whether it be a twisted wreck or some trees on the trail!

Def

I have come close to buying the CRKT several times. My son loves that company so I may just end up buying him one for his birthday.

jwh
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,365 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »
CRKT is actually a really good company. I know quite a few designers there as well as a number if folks in the company itself and they are all great people. Except maybe that Glenn Klecker guy- you have to watch yourself around him but everyone else is great!  :D

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
Full Member Posts: 127
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »
I have a Camillus BK3 and a KaBar BK3 as its made in the USA :cheers:

Buck Collectors Club Inc., (BCCI) Life Member
Newbie Posts: 34
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »
I love the BK3.  The only thing that has made me hesitate to order one is the strap cutter.  It creates a weak point and I've seen it break there.  If it wasn't for that, one would be in my truck right now.
Full Member Posts: 127
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:11:25 AM »
I love the BK3.  The only thing that has made me hesitate to order one is the strap cutter.  It creates a weak point and I've seen it break there.  If it wasn't for that, one would be in my truck right now.

Great point!  I am hesitate on the Buck Hood for the same reason.

Buck Collectors Club Inc., (BCCI) Life Member
Full Member Posts: 210
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »

We have ten years ago, people bought these ...... Now one does not use them. I do not know why. ???

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $60.00
PayPal Fees: $3.14
Net Balance: $56.86
Below Goal: $243.14
Site Currency: USD
19%