Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which SAK gets the Micarta facelift? 223

No Life Club Posts: 3,273
Which SAK gets the Micarta facelift?
« on: June 10, 2021, 07:31:06 PM »
I've just got these gorgeous micarta scales from a vendor called "Taschenmesser" on etsy. I'm sure he won't mind me bragging about them here.

They're both beautiful but the green one with the orange inlay is even more beautiful than I'd imagined. I have no idea what the inlay is made of, but it's not just a bit of paint rubbed in there, far as I can tell. It's a really great piece of work.

Anyway, I now have to decide what to do with them. Candidates for face/butt transplants are a Mountaineer, an "all-black" Spartan, a Christmas Explorer, and a green Angler. Being completely incapable of making a decision, I have to turn to the internet for advice. That's where you fanatics can help. Or not.
There's also a Craftsman with normal red scales which I forgot to include in the shot. Possibly because it's too chunky to get much pocket time, and I want everyone in the world to see these scales, so they need to be on a SAK that gets some mango-cutting, beer-popping, screw-screwing action.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,445
Re: Which SAK gets the Micarta facelift?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 07:40:03 PM »
Great scales :tu: I vote Mountaineer! (and I'd save the 2nd set...)

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
No Life Club Posts: 2,315
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:17:29 PM »
Nice looking scales - hope you make a choice soon! :like: :like:
Full Member Posts: 165
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:46:34 PM »
Put a set on the Spartan.  There's nothing else unique about it and you'll win Spartan Saturday every week.  :cheers:
Hero Member Posts: 557 Average Old Guy.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 09:23:12 PM »
I'm voting for Spartan also.

Addicted to sharp pointy things.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,640
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:53:44 PM »
+1 on Spartan for the brown.  The brown with contrast nicely against the black.

The other set, I’d put on whatever one is your most carried SAK.
No Life Club Posts: 3,273
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:27:12 PM »
Tah-dah!

I ended up with the brown on the Explorer (this was my secret plan all along) and the green on the Spartan.  Given the military look of the Spartan, it won't take long for me to lose (I managed to lose an iPhone 11 in my own garden, during lockdown last year....still haven't found the darned thing.)
Anyway thanks for the suggestions guys, I will probably end up getting more of these in the future, for my beloved Angler and Mountaineer.  I think they're a good upgrade from the standard cellidor, and pretty affordable. Another option at the moment is offered by altonaer-silberwerkstatt.de - their ones are more expensive and I haven't tried them yet.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $18.49
PayPal Fees: $1.24
Net Balance: $17.25
Below Goal: $282.75
Site Currency: USD
 6%