Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

US supplier(s) that ship overseas?

gb Offline Grunthos

US supplier(s) that ship overseas?
on: February 20, 2021, 12:13:42 PM
I'm a little frustrated with having viewed some beautiful and/or desirable SAKs in the US of A, placing an order only to then find they don't ship overseas.

I'm not going to go their the reasons why (many and varied I suppose) but can anyone suggest one (or more) US based suppliers that do ship overseas (specifically the UK in my case).

Apologies if this has been answered previously and many thanks in advance for any guidance. 

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: US supplier(s) that ship overseas?
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 03:55:49 PM
I've bought several SAKs from DLT Trading. No problems there.

They offer some nice custom scales by the way :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 06:29:37 PM by Reinier »
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 05:59:13 PM
I've bought several SAKs at DLT Trading. No problems there.

Except the warthog scales exclusives that I’d really like to get hold of but all day not available for shipping outside the US! Drat. Even more frustrating is that eBay UK won’t allow knives for sales pocket or otherwise!

gb Offline Grunthos

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:48:32 PM

Quite a few interesting SAKs on offer.
Some of them a bit blatant with the DLT logo (unfortunately I've not fond of advertising!) but I think I'll be placing a few on order.
Thanks Reinier.   :tu:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 12:42:49 AM

Greetings and salutations  :salute:

I've just had a "quick" look around the DLT site and everything I clicked on said "not avaialble for shipping outside the US"  :dunno:

Am I doing something wrong or are they just trying to save me money  :think: :rofl:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 04:45:46 AM
I'll ship anything overseas.  :D
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 06:35:49 AM

I've just had a "quick" look around the DLT site and everything I clicked on said "not avaialble for shipping outside the US"  :dunno:

Am I doing something wrong or are they just trying to save me money  :think: :rofl:

Oi, I just noticed that too :think:
Maybe that's a new thing :dunno:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 06:54:17 AM

That’s odd Surge, I bought one of these GEC’s from them just last week

https://www.dlttrading.com/great-eastern-tidioute--97-allegheny-autumn-gold-jigged-bone-43#mz-expanded-view-1263257142437

Knife Connection delivers to Australia (and presumably UK) too

https://theknifeconnection.com

:cheers:

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 09:11:17 AM
From DLT's International Shipping Policy:

We ship to the majority of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada and numerous other developed nations. A full list is available at checkout.

Perhaps DLT doesn't see the UK as "developed" because of its crazy knife laws?

Rambler

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
From DLT's International Shipping Policy:

We ship to the majority of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada and numerous other developed nations. A full list is available at checkout.

Perhaps DLT doesn't see the UK as "developed" because of its crazy knife laws?

Netherlands as well. They now just say no shipping outside the US (on the product pages).

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 10:06:18 AM
Netherlands as well. They now just say no shipping outside the US (on the product pages).
Well obviously that's because they know they overlooked something in the past :poke:

ru Offline Nick4

Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 11:14:08 AM
I'm not going to go their the reasons why (many and varied I suppose) but can anyone suggest one (or more) US based suppliers that do ship overseas (specifically the UK in my case).
If you intend to order goods from the USA on a regular basis, a forwarding company may be the solution. Using forwarding companies, you get a US postal address and can order goods in almost any store. Typically, they have either an annual subscription fee, or a fee for each shipment forwarded.  For example, Shipito (disclaimer: given as an example only, I am not affiliated with this company, its services are not the cheapest; there are many other companies offering similar services).

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 12:12:44 PM
A friend of mine was restoring an old Mustang automobile. He ordered many spare car parts in the US. The parts were shipped to a company with a US adress where the parts were collected in a sea container. Whenever the sea container was fully loaded, the container was shipped to the Netherlands. Very cheap, but it took a few weeks to arrive.
This method is especially usefull for shipping lare and/or heavy weight items. But maybe it can work out also for small pocket knives.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 01:22:36 PM
I had a client of mine tell me the same.
Also a US car restorer.
He said he lost count on how many luxury barbeques he imported like that for friends and family for fractions of the prices they go for here :D

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 01:55:33 PM
That’s odd Surge, I bought one of these GEC’s from them just last week

https://www.dlttrading.com/great-eastern-tidioute--97-allegheny-autumn-gold-jigged-bone-43#mz-expanded-view-1263257142437

Knife Connection delivers to Australia (and presumably UK) too

https://theknifeconnection.com

:cheers:
According to their shipping/returns blurb

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING Currently we do not ship to (except through Military APO):

• United Kingdom
  • Afghanistan
  • Ghana
  • Iraq
  • Singapore
  • Somalia
https://theknifeconnection.com/shipping-returns/

I think we must be a hotbed of criminality  :dunno: :rofl:
They don't like it up 'em!

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 02:27:28 PM
Seems fair enough, SurgeUK! :rofl:

br Offline RicardoBorges

• Truth, Love, Reason, Merit... Camões
Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 08:38:45 AM
Dear Sirs,

Here I come to thank you all for the good ideas!

In Brazil it is very difficult to find SAKs out of the common, like different colour, alox models with colours different from the regular or Limited Editions, and some SAKs like the New Soldier from USA, Germany and other countries (here we have the New Soldier, that I really do not know if has the year stamp on the blade, because I bought the Trailmaster - Trekker, for it has the scale tools and was 70% of the price of a NS, do not ask me why...).

The taxation here is complicated, because normal people (at least me) cannot understand it very well. For example, once I had to buy, from Japan, a tabi (a shoe for playing taiko) when I was playing in a taiko group here. Ohhhhh, the tax was 40%, but, when I went to the mail to pick my tabi, I had to pay about 200% of tax, again, do not ask me why... Anoher thing is that the law says that you can import things with price less than US$50,00 without taxes, but it does not happen, it is crazy here!!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

When I bought my black belt from Japan, the mail charged me and did not informed me to go there to pick it up. So the belt went back to Japan and, when the shop sent me the belt again, the mail just brought it to my home without taxes. Again, do not ask me why...

I do not know yet how it is going to be with a SAK, but the difference of price here and in USA are high. The New Soldier costs here from US$80,00 to US$95,00 and searching only in DLT Trading, the price is US$45,95. So, it is about 60% cheaper there. What, by itself, pays part (20%) of the taxes, if I am not wrong...

But, the fact that we do not have them here for sale, makes the shipping and taxes cost worth. :woohoo:

Oh, If the prices here was like the ones in the USA, I would have 10 times more SAKs!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

At Ebay, almost always, what I want do not ship to Brazil, only US. So, the Shipping adress site that you mentioned here, I think, will do the job.

So, I, planning to get a German Army Knife for my birthday, thank you A LOT again!!! I consider it a birthday present from you, guys!!! 

:cheers: :drink: :cheers: :drink: :cheers: :drink:

Greetings from Brazil!!!
 :like:   :like: 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 08:46:27 AM by RicardoBorges »
Greetings from Brazil!!!

Erros meus, má fortuna, amor ardente (My mistakes, bad fortune, burning love) Camões

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%