Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Moto GP official test

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Moto GP official test
on: February 16, 2008, 10:44:56 PM
The Official Moto gp test starts tommorow at 1pm Zulu, so to get your first fix of the season, tune in :)

Lets just hope Yamaha put a decent bike under rossi and toseland this year :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Moto GP official test
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:40 PM
Awesome! :)
I'm back!!

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:25:57 PM
I didn't know you were a fan mate :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:27:46 PM

I am not an avid fan and to be honest I can pretty much take it or leave it, but TV has been soooooo dull recently it will be good to have something half decent on.
I'm back!!

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:29:59 PM

I am not an avid fan and to be honest I can pretty much take it or leave it, but TV has been soooooo dull recently it will be good to have something half decent on.
Well it'll only be like a qualifying session, but to total bike geeks like me it'll be a good chance to see how all the rival bikes stack up against one another :)

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:20:46 AM
Well Nascar also starts officialy tommorrow. Go Clint Bowyer! and team Jack Daniels.
S

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:02:35 AM
Ah Nascar.

I go for the Sponser Girls.

I stay for the crashes.

Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:04:56 AM
Well, the Yammie's still not looking to be the race bike off choice >:(

The Duke was predictably awesome though :o

Offline cryptrick

Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:28 PM
I didn't catch it all Mike but I seen the last half hour or so. Looks like the Yamaha is going to be quite a bit of the pace for a second year running :(  I also think this will be the last season we see Rossi in MotoGP but thats just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how Lorenzo does on the Yamaha. I believe he could be a future world champion in the years to come. As far as Toselands concerned it will probably be an achievement if he finishes in the top 10 each race :(   Me thinks this year could be another disapointing one, I do hope I'm wrong :think:
[

Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:23:30 PM
I didn't catch it all Mike but I seen the last half hour or so. Looks like the Yamaha is going to be quite a bit of the pace for a second year running :(  I also think this will be the last season we see Rossi in MotoGP but thats just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how Lorenzo does on the Yamaha. I believe he could be a future world champion in the years to come. As far as Toselands concerned it will probably be an achievement if he finishes in the top 10 each race :(   Me thinks this year could be another disapointing one, I do hope I'm wrong :think:
I don't think Rossi will leave at the end of the year, but he'll definatley ditch yamaha if they don't provide a bike that he can compete on >:(, I think it's be nimble on a dry track, but the truth is the yammie has never been any good in the 4stroke era, and has only won championships because it was good enough to win but only if you had a motorcycling god on the back ::)

Lorenzo's definatly a tallent, and if he get's dialled into the weight and power well, he should do well, he certainly has the capacity to be a champ in a few years (assuming he can keep his mouth shut), He's another max biaggi in the making if you ask me ::), it'll be interesting to see what he can do on the same bike (if different tyres) to rossi :think:

Toseland, well I've enourmous respect for his riding abillities and he's mental toughness, but the bike will let him down I think :cry:, but hopefully he'll get a few good results to impress upon the factory teams that they need him in motogp :)

I don't think it'll be a dull year as the Honda is really strong this year (and there a bloody lot of them) and as long as the Dukes aren't aloud to run away with it, it should be close.

Speaking of duke's, casey is obviously a huge talent, but melandri's bloody good too so at least it';; be a 2 horse race :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 08:28:55 PM by micky d »

Offline cryptrick

Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:13 PM
Rossi should have already ditched Yamaha. The bike this year hardly looked much better than the last.

I never really watched much of the last few seasons in 250cc but I always used to see Lorenzo at or very near the front of the pack. Although Pedrosa was destined to be brilliant when he moved up but he's never really reached his full potential yet.

I would love Rossi to stay on and go to another team next season, he is by far the best rider to watch, and his attitude towards the whole thing is superb. Stoners OK as a person but I don't see him having too many friends in the pits. He's a good rider but a tad boring. I still think if you put Rossi on the same bike as Stoner, Rossi would beat Stoner most of the time. I would like to see Melandri win, he can be superb sometimes but other times he seems nowhere in the field, bit of a strange rider but I think the talents there. He is another rider thats good to watch.

Not long till the season starts, just hope it gets off to a good start :D
[

Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 10:06:07 PM
Rossi should have already ditched Yamaha. The bike this year hardly looked much better than the last.

I never really watched much of the last few seasons in 250cc but I always used to see Lorenzo at or very near the front of the pack. Although Pedrosa was destined to be brilliant when he moved up but he's never really reached his full potential yet.

I would love Rossi to stay on and go to another team next season, he is by far the best rider to watch, and his attitude towards the whole thing is superb. Stoners OK as a person but I don't see him having too many friends in the pits. He's a good rider but a tad boring. I still think if you put Rossi on the same bike as Stoner, Rossi would beat Stoner most of the time. I would like to see Melandri win, he can be superb sometimes but other times he seems nowhere in the field, bit of a strange rider but I think the talents there. He is another rider thats good to watch.

Not long till the season starts, just hope it gets off to a good start :D
Melandri's career has been a funny one, he can go like stink one week, then be no where the next :-\, having said that, he is very injury prone, but will ride in conditions of pain that would floor lesser rider's :)

If rossi was on a Ducati, the other riders would not see which way he went :o, but then it would be reminicent of Doohans strangle hold on racing :-\, should he have left yamaha ???, with the benifit of hindsight yes, but at the time (2006) Ducati, suzuki and kawasaki were not in a position to tackle honda either, so staying with yamaha probably seemed the best bet (no way honda would take him back, or visa versa).

Pedrossa, well I think last year could well have been his year if Honda had been nearer the pace, earlier in the year, but his still very much a force to be reckoned with :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD