Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multitool Transformers

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Multitool Transformers
on: January 19, 2010, 01:41:35 AM
What if multitools and SAKs could transform?

So the body of the tool would form the body of the robot (e.g. shiny armour for the spirit, titanium for the charge, chainmail for the skeletool/frestyle, lightweight for the smaller ones like the squirts, different colours and some plastic, some metal for the SAKs)

You would have the different sizes of the tools come across as well, so you have the huge Surges, Swisstools, Powertools, and Gerber models, and SAKs and Wengers, all the way down to the tiny squirt and SAK and gerber clutch infiltration units.

The pliers would form an arm, so thats something the multitools would have, but the SAKs wouldnt, or the ones with small pliers would have a smaller, weaker arm. Scissors could also form a pair of cutting arms.

The knives could form the main offensive weapons, SAKs with one large, one small, LMs with one plain, one serrated, etc etc.

And the rest of the implements would act as tools in the backpack that can be switched according to need, e.g. wood saw, or metal saw, awl or chisel, etc.

Could have wars between the different companies, e.g. LM vs. victorinox vs. Gerber vs. SOG, etc. etc.

What a strange thought I have had today.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Re: Multitool Transformers
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:57:08 AM
LOL!  This is great!  Sounds like something I'd come up with.  :)  I was wondering though....would the different companies form alliances so it's really 2 groups fighting like deceptacons and autobots?  Or better yet...in keeping with the recent "is SAK a MT" debate, it could be Wenger and Vic as an alliance against Gerber, LM, and SOG with CRKT with alliances on both.  LOL! 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 03:07:22 AM
Ah yes of course, alliances could be made, and broken, backstabbing could take place, and spies and traitors would be plentiful.

And all of them would constantly be spending the wealth from their conquering gains on further research to churn out better, more advanced and versatile new 'tool'/'transformers'

And you would have the one of tools as mercenaries, taking sides depending on the wage they are offered. Assassinations and the like, etc.

Maybe we should all get together and make a movie.

Offline Magnus

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:01 AM
Me powerlock crush decepticons!
[

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:42 AM
The SOGs would definitely have an advantage when it came to strength of pliers, but a lot of their models are all inside openers, i.e. slow transformers, and those extra seconds can make all the difference when you have a dual damascus knife blade wielding maniacal wave bearing down on you.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:22 AM
 ::)

Offline Magnus

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 05:43:36 PM
The SOGs would definitely have an advantage when it came to strength of pliers, but a lot of their models are all inside openers, i.e. slow transformers, and those extra seconds can make all the difference when you have a dual damascus knife blade wielding maniacal wave bearing down on you.

Hence my grimlock reference :)
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:54 AM
The towering PT-540 monsters would surely be a force worth reckoning with, but could so few of them stand up to the vast teeming hordes of little Micra-bots?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:21 AM
But as you said Bob, the Pt540 might look big, but its a gentle giant with its small implements due to its all inside opening config and flappy paddles. Would have an amazing set of pliers though.

I always thought Victorinox would be the one with the hordes, since there are just SO many types of SAKs.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:02 PM
Holy crap! And the CRKT multitools would be the Terrorcons!
Got those frog legs.

Offline Precise

• I can haz multitoolz nowz?
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:56:05 AM
Obviously, they would all need to team up to defeat the massive horde of Offshore Replicons! The SODs or Swiss *Navy* knives!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:02:40 AM
Obviously, they would all need to team up to defeat the massive horde of Offshore Replicons! The SODs or Swiss *Navy* knives!

The Offshore Replicons are indeed becoming a veritable plague upon the land. >:(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:40 AM
yes but quality must be taken into consideration, one LM / Vic / SOG / and maybe a few Gerbers, could easily taken down a horde of the cheap replicons.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 02:42:24 AM

WTF are you lot on about  ???
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20