Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally I Scored Myself A Beautiful Hooker............................. Tool!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
No I haven't done a Charlie sheen  :P :D , I finally nabbed a Bridgeport 'Hooker' hammer multitool with the help of a US based forum member  8) 8), thanks mate  :cheers: :cheers:.
I love these Bridgeport hammer multitools & I saw one of these Hooker's awhile ago & knew I HAD to have one , it just tickled me in all the right places  :D :D :D 

Bridgeport made quite a range of these hammer multitools & referred to them as 'crate tools' , I presume they were used by warehouse, maritime workers or anyone working with wooden crates.They generally have a hammer+- a hatchet , nail pulls/levers & pry bars. the Hooker is a smaller Bridgeport with just the hammer & x2 nail pulls + pry bars. It gets it's Hooker name I believe from the nail pull found on the right side of the tool's shaft. The side nail remover/hooker was designed to remove longer nails that the nail remover at the end of the tool would struggle with.

From a 1953 sales catalogue.

Quite the pretty Hooker & she packs a punch  :P :D

Getting the rust out of the Hooker's nooks & crannies(that's crannies not fannies ok  ;) :D), was a bit tricky but putting various Dremel tool bits into my cordless drill did the trick  :D.

I hope to do a post of all my Bridgeport hammer multi tools some time in the future, along with another vintage hammer multitool called the 'Exhumer'  :o :D that came with my Hooker  8) 8).The Bridgeport Hardware Manufacturing Corp. made a huge range of tools & was based in Bridgeport Connecticut, it has been out of business for many years.Their multitool hammers/hatchets hold the most appeal for me  :twak: a multifunctional whacker  8) :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Cool tool! That nail slot in the side of the handle looks like it is a perfect recipe for hand injuries when hammering, though?

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Cool tool! That nail slot in the side of the handle looks like it is a perfect recipe for hand injuries when hammering, though?

Not if you are wearing work gloves which I imagine they would working on the docks :)
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
I reckon you got an excellent "Universal Adjuster" there Mat  >:D

I've never paid for a Hooker before, but if I found one of those ....  :whistle:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club

Not if you are wearing work gloves which I imagine they would working on the docks :)

Not necessarily, I have known some people who didn't even use gloves when moving freshly demolished rocks at building sites, and I suppose that was even more usual in 1914. Though I guess someone carrying that thing would start pretty quickly. ;)

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Nicely cleaned up and useful looking tool Mate!  :drool:

(one way or another we all pay Al )
Everything’s adjustable

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Nice find Mat!  I have a couple of similar tools as well, but mine are nowhere near as classy as your Hooker!

I have what Lee Valley Tools calls the Box Tool in the catalogue and what they call an Ugly Tool in reality.  I call it the Ugly tool because it is a much better name in my mind! 

The other one I have is Stanley's Fubar Fat Max model:

This is the same tool used in this armoire dis assembly video...

:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Nice find Mat!  I have a couple of similar tools as well, but mine are nowhere near as classy as your Hooker!

I have what Lee Valley Tools calls the Box Tool in the catalogue and what they call an Ugly Tool in reality.  I call it the Ugly tool because it is a much better name in my mind! 

(Image removed from quote.)

The other one I have is Stanley's Fubar Fat Max model:

This is the same tool used in this armoire dis assembly video...

:D

Def

Def your Box Tool is a bit of a ringer for a Bridgeport No.99 Tomahawk tool ( I have one I am half way through putting a new wood handle on)

I love the look of the Fubar  8) but I don't do enough Demo work too warrant having one  :think: :think:, like that has stopped me in the past  ::) :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline David

Nice score Mat!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Nice one Mat- maybe we should have an Ugly Tool forum here? :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Cool old Tool Matt

I got space in my tool box for a hooker.

Defend the Hive!!!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon

That is ugly, but looks like a decent demolition tool for $12.50  At least thats the price at the lee valley here.  Would you recommed it?

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Cheap at half the price.... well done for finding your new ugly smurfting stick :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas

That is ugly, but looks like a decent demolition tool for $12.50  At least thats the price at the lee valley here.  Would you recommed it?

Well worth the money. I love mine and I use it all the time. I wrapped the handle in hockey tape because it was a bit slippery.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%