Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got a Swisstool, here's what I don't like:

Viking · 67 · 7688

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Got a Swisstool, here's what I don't like:
Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:00 PM
I have an original Swisstool ('98), and while there is SOME play in some of the tools, it really isn't that bad.   I don;t mind some play, either.  All tools eventually develop some play.  It's pretty inevitable.  However, due to the nature of the beast, it doesn't affect the tool's function.   

And the thing with the Swisstool is that although they may come with a very small amount of play in the tools, the amount of play doesn't get any worse over time. ;)
I'm back!!

us Offline carl

Reply #61 on: November 07, 2008, 09:42:32 PM

The play is there but I don't feel it is a problem.  It is a shame it isn't tight though.

Vic may have fixed this issue of end-play on the tools because I just got one and there's very little or no play compared to the earlier models.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #62 on: November 07, 2008, 10:14:27 PM
I don't think they have fixed it although I don't see it a problem if you can still cut thin wire . I've had new and old head designs , some with play some without .

Dunc

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #63 on: November 07, 2008, 10:15:25 PM
MY two ST's have a little play here and there, but they are still possibly the best multis I own. A Spirit is definitely my next purchase, when funds allow.
Gabba gabba hey!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #64 on: November 07, 2008, 10:16:09 PM
I don't think they have fixed it although I don't see it a problem if you can still cut thin wire . I've had new and old head designs , some with play some without .

Dunc

I think he was talking about tool play rather than plier play.

The play is there but I don't feel it is a problem.  It is a shame it isn't tight though.

Vic may have fixed this issue of end-play on the tools because I just got one and there's very little or no play compared to the earlier models.

Haven't handled a newer one, so hopefully that is the case.  :)
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #65 on: November 07, 2008, 10:40:28 PM

Dunc

I think he was talking about tool play rather than plier play.

Haven't handled a newer one, so hopefully that is the case.  :)

Thanks Ben I see my mistake . Same reply goes for the tools , you either get a loose one or a tight one . I once had a very early plier head that was just about perfect in everyway , tight pliers and tools . I have a 02 plier head which is tight but the tools on one handle were loose ( I fixed that with a sharp tap from a hammer ) . Another 02 RS I have there is a little plier play and no tool play although one handle is a bit too tight and the tools don't snap shut .

Dunc

Offline SteamKit

Reply #66 on: November 08, 2008, 08:12:29 AM
I figured I'd note that I have the newest sort of SwissTool, and it does indeed have a little play, but not the worrying sort. It performs perfectly, the only movement is the sort you get when you grab hold of something and shake it.

-Kit

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD