Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Your Ten Car garage

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Your Ten Car garage
Reply #60 on: October 12, 2022, 05:10:28 PM
Let's start with these...

8) 8) :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: October 18, 2022, 06:37:36 AM
I'd be happy with a Subaru Outback, small utility trailer and a bunch of bicycles in the garage. My Fit would stay put as well.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #62 on: May 27, 2023, 09:43:38 AM
Tasky and I have been conversing via e-mail, and cars frequently come up as a topic of conversation. So I figured why not resurrect this thread, especially as my ten-car garage wouldn't be mostly vintage Jeeps anymore!

1. The 1963 Ford Falcon Futura 2-door hardtop that was my first car. Reasons for inclusion should be painfully obvious.
2. A Toyota pickup (pre-Tacoma). I had a 1992, and it was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It would be a regular cab, 4-cylinder, manual transmission. This one would probably get driven the most.
3. A 1959 Mini that was made for export (left-hand drive). The Mini (not the smurfty BMW thing that's trading on the name) is one of my all-time favorite vehicles, and a first-year example is a real dream. Whether it's a Morris Mini-Minor or an Austin Seven matters not to me.
4. A newer Mini, with some customizations. Something I could have a little fun with.
5. A larger truck, just in case I need to do big-truck stuff. I don't have a specific one in mind, other than regular cab, Diesel, manual transmission (I despise automatic transmissions). An M35 might fill that slot.
6. A Cord 810/812 convertible. Never mind the semi-automatic transmission; it gets my vote for the best-looking car ever.
7. A 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, for those rare occasions I get the urge to take the engine up to redline and sidestep the clutch. If I could go back in time and order a brand-new one, the example linked below is nearly exactly how mine would have been ordered. Mine would have power steering and maybe a stripe delete.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-CHEVROLET-CHEVELLE-SS-LS6--214491

8. A Unimog 406/416. Amazing engineering in what basically amounts to a street-legal farm tractor. What's not to like?
9. An old Land Rover. I've probably seen The Gods Must Be Crazy one too many times.
10. A Jeep. I've wanted one for over 30 years, so one better feature in my ten-car garage. What sort I'd have, I don't know...maybe CJ-3B or an early CJ-5. See http://www.jeepcollection.com/ for some great Jeep inspiration.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #63 on: May 27, 2023, 10:59:03 AM
I've been at the point lately where not only do I not want ten cars, I'm not sure I even want the garage.   :facepalm:

I've been fascinated by the comcept of vanlife for a number of years now, and I think if I had the chance,my dream setup would be:

1- Unimog outfitted with basic sleeping quarters, washroom and kitchen.

2- Flat deck trailer large enough for #3 and #4.

3- Jeep, probably my TJ (obviously fixed up) or something similar.  I'd have a Safari Rack or similar on the TJ for my boats.

4- Rokon Ranger motorcycle. 

I feel like this setup could get me anywhere I want to go, in the city, in the woods, and everywhere in between.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #64 on: May 28, 2023, 06:31:49 AM
I thought about van life or living in an RV full-time, but ultimately rejected the idea. One of my goals is to break free of the chains that the grid has wrapped around me. Van life/full-time RV'ing seems to be a little too reliant upon the grid, especially where water is concerned.
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: May 28, 2023, 06:09:37 PM
Nice list FX. 

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #66 on: May 29, 2023, 12:32:36 AM
I thought about van life or living in an RV full-time, but ultimately rejected the idea. One of my goals is to break free of the chains that the grid has wrapped around me. Van life/full-time RV'ing seems to be a little too reliant upon the grid, especially where water is concerned.

Yeah, you will need to get water from somewhere, for sure.

Also gas/diesel, and not much space in an rv for livestock or gardens.

It's not idea for off grid living, at least not for more than a couple of weeks at a time, at most.

While going off grid is a goal for me someday, so is seeing an awful lot of the world, and seeing it at street level seems like a great way to do it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Farmer X

Reply #67 on: May 29, 2023, 06:29:30 AM
Nice list FX.
Thanks! :cheers:

While going off grid is a goal for me someday, so is seeing an awful lot of the world, and seeing it at street level seems like a great way to do it.
My desire to see an awful lot of the world has largely passed, due to expense and my involvement in the knife/multi-tool hobby. But you're right; going by land is the best way to travel. I've sure seen a lot of the world's water. :D
USN 2000-2006

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%