Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let's see all your "Users" in one pic..

AHB · 80 · 12249

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 03:19:52 AM
.... This is why I don't consider myself a collector even though I have a good "collection". These tools are brilliant in use, and I feel bad owning something that doesn't give me the enjoyment of achieving something that the tools pictured give me. I appreciate a collectors mentality, and I consider I'm that way (to an extent) with knives, but for me the main pleasure is in using these tools as tools. ...

Well put.  That is pretty close to my approach, too.  :cheers:

Same here.  Everything in my "collection" has seen use at some point.  Some people may have a problem with me using certain things, like a "collector's edition" pocket knife, but the way I see it it was built to be USED.  Collector value is secondary, if thought about at all.  I just enjoy using the stuff.  :tu:

This drives me bonkers,

I up untill recently had SAKs/Multitools stashed in every conceivable place, bag, vehicle and hideyhole. But I would be constantly thinking why, there is only one of me and I can only be in one place at any one time so if I only have one and keep it about my person at all times problem solved. So I have rounded the majority of them up and stuck them in a cupboard out of sight out of mind.

So have narrowed my non work place tools down to a craftsman in the Car, paratool and simple SAK in my bag. Alox lumberjack in my pocket and ps4 on my keys.

Although due to the fact I like my collection to be BNIB and my tools to be well used and have no love for nearly new and slightly worn. Next week I will probably get them all out again and distribute them all over the place thinking I may as well get some use out of them, Do'h.

Beware of the man with only one multitool.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:22:37 AM by chip »
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Let's see all your "Users" in one pic..
Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 03:46:31 AM
I'm thinking on which tools to take a pic of.   :think:   Proably just the ones that are the most used at the moment. I rotate through a lot of tools. most of my collection is subject to use at any given time. I do have some that are not used and never will be. But for the most part my collection is usable. I have far to many for most of them to see any regular use.    :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:55 AM

Top Spyderco Tenacious & Kershaw Junk Yard Dog
Middle SwissChamp , Swiss Champion , Cadet, Standard Spirit , Spirit X & LM Style CS.
Bottom LM SideKick , LM Xe6 , LM Charge ALX , LM MUT, LM Rebar , LM WingMan.

I forgot about my work key set up  :oops: & there are probably another 10 or so MTs I rotate through  :think: :think: so I guess the photo is 80% accurate  :think: :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Offline Muro

AW: Let's see all your "Users" in one pic..
Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:03 PM
Me too. Also lacking 20% as they ride with my girl in the car (Utica Minimaster, Squirt S4, SwissTool /w scissors, CyberTool 41, Sebertech M2 & M4)...
but still givin' some kind of impression. Hmmmmmm.

uploadfromtaptalk1344167869116.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1344167869116.jpg (Filesize: 130.36 KB)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:17 PM
Like I said earlier, I carry all sorts of different stuff throughout the course of a week.  For example, every one of these saw use at some point this week.  The only thing here that got carried every day is the Executive, it lives on my keys.  At work I've carried the Needs Work more and more, it's becoming a standard thing as well.  But in terms of larger SAKs, multis, and slipjoints, anything goes....

Bottom row: Sportsman II, Early Swisschamp, Evo16, Huntsman
Middle: Kershaw Needs Work, Kershaw Scallion, Executive, MP450, ST200
Top: KaBar Barlow, Case Small Texas Jack, Buck 301, PST II

Forgot the Kershaw Chive clipped to my pocket today as well......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:43 PM
I have very similar habits... I vary what I carry over the week, and even over the course of a day, but I tend to stick with a core set of tools.  I don't have any shelf queens.  I had a 125th CT34, but I traded it.

I almost always have either my Executive or my Compact in my pocket, or in my new Skinth SP.  On my EDC bag I typically carry either my Work Champ, or my CT Lite, or occasionally my CT41.  That covers most of my needs most of the time when I'm out and about, doing errands, going for a bike ride, etc.  For hiking, my PER Ranger 179 or my custom 111 mm Hunter are with me (often both! :D ). 

I do also tend to stash things away as dedicated tools for a specific place/spot/use, etc.  I tend to just leave one of my CT's in the trays of stuff on my desk, as I often use one to do things like swap batteries in my kid's toys, make small repairs to them, or similar. 

I'm not really a collector (yeah, I know, say I'm in denial... laugh it up...  :whistle: ), and my collection of tools (SAKs, MTs, etc.) is pretty small, as overall, because of my usage patterns, and of course, my limited budget.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline Bensasupertool

• No Life Club
  • Be like The Rifleman
Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:19 AM
OK,for the work day. ST300,Blast and BO Fuse are the main EDC in rotation with the Molle sheath along with the new MUT wrench. The 11 in 1 is always in the back pocket at work.

Sazabi's sweet deal of a BO PST with the skeletool are paired at work sometimes. The pair are on me for outings alot. The BO Kick,Rustman and Skeletool are the main tools for trips to the local stores and just to have on me at the house.

Thats the bulk of the MT collection in a pretty busy rotation.
7721844836_26289e0da3_c.jpg
* 7721844836_26289e0da3_c.jpg (Filesize: 322.77 KB)
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!  Everyone Needs a Halligan Tool.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 05:48:24 PM
I guess we're surrounded by collectors since noone posts any pics.. :P :pok:

Sent from my Iphone 4S

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 08:03:13 PM

Sent from my Iphone 4S

just discovered this thread... I posted a collection pic in the LM forum recently, but I love this idea.  I'll try to get a "users" pic tonight.  :tu:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:42 PM

Sent from my Iphone 4S

just discovered this thread... I posted a collection pic in the LM forum recently, but I love this idea.  I'll try to get a "users" pic tonight.  :tu:
Great..!!  :tu:

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 05:14:51 AM
as promised, AHB... here it is.  :salute:

I'll start at the top, and work my way down...

Style CS: sometimes rides along with his big brother, the Skeletool CX for EDC
Squirt PS4: sometimes attaches himself to my keychain if I don't have the want/need/space for a larger tool on me at the time (i.e., when going for a run)
Tinker: was on my keychain for a few years; now rides in my backpack as an emergency/backup

Note: I wasn't sure if I was supposed to include flashlights, but I figure it's my pic, and they definitely get regular use, so why not?  :P
LED Lenser M1: my primary light when camping/hiking
Serac S3: my go-to light around the house, especially for projects that involve going into the attic and/or crawl space.  >:(
Serac S2: EDC light

c303: got this when Leatherman first started making knives; EDC'd it for a little less than a year.
e33L: gets used in a variety of tasks/locations; usually carried to accompany a larger MT.
LM Carabiner: has been on my keychain ever since I got the Sidekick when it came out.  My wife and I share two different cars (one of them is basically the kid-mobile), so the carabiner makes it easy to attach whichever car keys I need to my main key ring. (and also to open a beverage when necessary!)

Skeletool CX: I was able to get this guy at the Leatherman factory store before it was available anywhere else.  :D  once I got my hands on it, it immediately became my favorite EDC, and remained in that spot until just recently, but it still gets some EDC love.
Charge Ti: got it in 2004, and EDC'd it for about 3 years -- still my favorite MT.  he doesn't see much action these days, but I still like to use him from time to time.
Charge TTi: has seen some EDC action, but has mostly been used when camping/hiking.
ReCharge: the mod that inspired me to join this wonderful forum -- http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,39153.0.html  :tu:  I did the mod about a month ago, and since then it has been my EDC, and also came with me on a camping trip.  the combination of the Rebar pliers and the Charge body makes for an amazing tool.
ST300: this guy does most of the heavy lifting; he is on my belt for any and all home/yard projects, along with any heavy duty projects that I end up helping friends or family with.  this tool has truly taken some beatings, but it doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

ESEE Candiru: just got this one recently as a backup fixed blade to have with me when camping/hiking... has only seen some light duty so far, but an amazingly solid knife for only 1.7 ounces.
SOG Seal Pup Elite: my primary fixed blade knife; gets used and abused when camping. (I used to bring this one hiking as well, but the Candiru is much better suited for hikes/climbs.)

Honorable mentions (not pictured):
PST: my first Leatherman! given to me in 1995 by my parents, he came with me on countless Scout outings and other camping trips, and was my only LM until I got the Charge Ti in 2004... saw some heavy use during that time, but has long since been retired.  :)
k502x: this knife is a beast.  I scored it on ebay a couple years ago, and after cleaning it up and getting it nice and sharp, I had every intention of taking it out for some heavy duty work, since it seems more than capable... but have never gotten around to it.  :-\  I've had him with me for a few different projects, but he never really seems to get used.  maybe I need to try bringing him as the primary knife/tool for a project or two...

well, that was probably a lot more information and back stories than anyone was looking for, but hey, it was fun.  thanks to AHB for starting this thread!  :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 07:42:15 AM
Superb post Breezy. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 08:19:17 AM
Superb post Breezy. :cheers:

thanks Gareth!  :cheers:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 06:05:13 PM
Excellent post Breezy, thanks. :tu:

Sent from my Iphone 4S

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:11 PM

Sent from my Iphone 4S
Na arr.  :twak:  Dropping the cbomb for a rise lol. Here you go.  ;)  :)

Some get used more than others but they all have to pull their weight.

The flair lives in her purse with the ld20. The pulse, st2 and a headlamp are her car carry. Missing from the photo are her keyring mini pliers and e01.

I keep the surge, ritter grip, ct41, aa2, dft, cliplight, ext and bits etc in my bag. The st3, mini grip and headlamp are my truck carry. The micra and quark are on my keyring.

The charge, folding utility and choice of blade go into pockets. Other blades go to desktop with style cs, kitchen counter with crosscut and gge bench with the core.

us Offline David

Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Some of my users.    :D
users 019.JPG
* users 019.JPG (Filesize: 66.89 KB)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 04:17:19 PM
This thread has been quiet for too long  :pok: :pok: :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:12 PM
This thread has been quiet for too long  :pok: :pok: :D

+1  :D

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:45 PM

Read through this thread just a few minutes ago since I missed it prior to me joining. Looks like the LM/ Gerber/ knife machine took a dump on you floor Zoid :think:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:58 AM
Here are all the ones I use regularly, that are at home.

From top, then left-to-right:
  • Leatherman Juice S2: Perfect set of tools for EDC, fits in a pocket comfortably
  • Leatherman Micra: Great tool set, great scissors, can be carried in ANY pants pocket comfortably (even full dress suit pants)
  • Victorinox Rambler: Probably my most-carried pocket knife, since I mostly fly a desk these days...
  • Leatherman Squirt ES4: Pocket sized, and a perfect tool set for the electrical professional. I wish they made a Wave-sized version of this tool. The Wire cutter/stripper/plier tip is a beautiful thing, copied off of a common Klein wire stripper configuration.
  • Wenger Ranger 78: This one is seeing kitchen use frequently now. I've given up trying to keep the knives in the block sharp, as my wife is undermining me at every opportunity. So I hide this one in the junk drawer and pull it out for all kinds of food prep. :D I also carry this in the woods, as it has the big honkin' blade and the best saw in the multi-tool world. The automatic locking screwdriver is also pretty brilliant, as is the Swiss shield as the actuator for the liner lock.
  • Victorinox Classic SD on the keys. Yeah, I know the Rambler is "better", but it is also noticeably heavier on my keys.
  • Victorinox mammoth ivory Executive. Love this thing, but I do miss the toothpick sometimes.
  • Victorinox Small Tinker: Great pocket carry; never too big or thick
  • Victorinox Sportsman: Great weekend pocket carry (I'm a wine drinker, so this sometimes beats out the Small Tinker)
  • Wenger EvoWood 11: Great pocket carry; the wood scales feel great in the hand, warmer than plastic.
  • Wenger EvoGrip S16 Patagonian Expedition Race model: Kind of a Super Tinker alternative. It adds a lock to the blade, drops the small blade in favor of a nail file (I think of it as a #1 philips ;) ) and has Wenger's wonderful springless scissors and self-locking flat screwdriver.
  • Victorinox Electrician: What a solid little SAK this is! So thin, yet all the tools are stronger than on their officer-series counterparts. Similar to the soldier, but drops the can opener in favor of a special electrician's blade. I love the simple cross, too. This is an old one, as it has brass liners instead of aluminum.
  • Victorinox Super Tinker: Maybe tied with the Rambler and S16 for most-often carried. Perfect tool set for everyday use. This one's on its second set of scales, as they're not very durable on the Victorinoxes.
  • Victorinox Spartan Light: Fantastic set of tools. It's missing the scissors and is slightly thick, which is why the Super Tinker beats it out, but it has the coveted inline phillips and a handy white LED flashlight. This layer makes it loads more useful than the standard Spartan, IMO.
  • Victorinox Explorer with lanyard and pocket hanger. At 4 layers, it's just too thick for everyday pocket carry for me. But with the pocket hanger? No problem, since it doesn't turn sideways and make that nasty lump. This is my oldest SAK; it is the pre-hook model, gifted by my mom's boyfriend in the late 80s. Perfect tool set, but just that bit too thick, so that the Super Tinker wins out, despite the lack of the inline phillips.
  • Victorinox CyberTool 34: This one stays in my backpack most times. The driver on this is a work of genius. Too bad they don't make a '31' model, that loses the pliers layer and keeps everything else...
I find myself carrying the SAKs more than the plier-style MTs. They're just so much quicker to deploy the right tool. I keep trying to carry the plier-based ones more, but they just take more commitment. Even the svelte Juice S2 is quite a lot heavier than most of those SAKs.

Not shown are:
  • The SwissTool that lives in my car's glove box
  • The Victorinox Adventurer that lives in my desk drawer for food duty at work
  • The Leatherman Surge that lives in my desk drawer for the occasional lab job at work
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:16 AM
Love the pic and the splendid explanations of what you use and why :tu:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:03 AM
My three primary "users"

Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #52 on: January 22, 2013, 08:49:37 AM
Here are all the ones I use regularly, that are at home.

(Image removed from quote.)

Great post Smaug  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:04 PM
Not shown are:
  • The SwissTool that lives in my car's glove box
  • The Victorinox Adventurer that lives in my desk drawer for food duty at work
  • The Leatherman Surge that lives in my desk drawer for the occasional lab job at work

out of curiosity, what do you do for work?  this one got my attention, mostly because I also end up in the lab at work (sometimes for a couple hours, sometimes for a couple weeks), and I have found certain tools to be very useful in my lab.  :)

great post!  :tu:

gb Offline Grumpy

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 10:09:29 AM
My current collection..
SDC11575.JPG
* SDC11575.JPG (Filesize: 68.05 KB)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
SOG Crosscut, Sheffield 12010, One Hand Trekker, Rambler, Style PS, Evo S17, and a Farmer.

While I've carried a few others off and on (most notably a Micra), they're not really biggies. I could ALMOST get away with only the Evo S17, but the scissors are a bit of a PITA to extract. I'm currently carrying the Style PS and Evo S17. I have waffled on having a one-hand blade. Before the Trekker, I had a Spyderco Delica Clippit. The Trekker actually works better for Lefties, although a LOT heavier, but then you get all the excellent extras. Right now, I'm not carrying the OHO. If I do go back to it, the Evo S17 and Farmer will fall out of carry.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 07:21:10 PM
Excellent pictures all.. :hatsoff: Keep 'em coming.. :tu:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: January 28, 2023, 04:46:04 PM
Major thread necro, it’s two pics and still doesn’t include everything I consider a user…

Hi, I’m Nate, and I’m a knife and tool addict.

* IMG_0857.jpg (Filesize: 141.47 KB)

* IMG_0856.jpg (Filesize: 164.23 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: January 28, 2023, 05:36:53 PM
I was.more or less not very active when this thread was the most active, so I missed it :ahhh :cheers:

Great pic,  nate :tu: :like: :like:

I have many that I call users but this is my regular work edc tool and actual main user :woohoo:

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #59 on: January 28, 2023, 07:40:37 PM
Couldn't we change the thread to be all your non-users in one picture?
While there are some that I use regularly, I consider probably 90% to be users.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD