Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello from Munich

adfel · 12 · 1732

de Offline adfel

Hello from Munich
on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:00 PM
Hello my name is Adrian and for the moment I live in Munich (southern Germany). I hope my English is ok as my school books have been really old and I have a lack of practice. I don’t receive feedback very often. I was lurking for a while and now I decided to join.

I don’t think I’m a real collector. I try to find the perfect multitool for edc which is quite difficult… if not impossible. I tend to end up with new tools that are too rare (over here) to edc or carrying them is illegal. I’d like to edc a Leatherman Surge or a Leatherman Wave but carrying oho knives and mutitools is prohibited. Carrying a fixed blade knife with a blade length up to 12 cm on your belt is perfectly ok... Unfortunately I have very clear ideas what I want and to my knowledge right now there is only one multitool on the market that’s legal to carry and that fits my wishes although it’s not ideal and I can’t really warm up to it. That’s the Swisstool Spirit (I have two of the double blade version). My perfect multitool is something like a higher quality Leatherman Surge with Leatherman ST 300 pliers and 2ho blades. I think I will post in the mod area as soon as I get a ST 300 and probably another Surge.

I know that’s not the right place for trading but if somebody is willing to sell a 2ho Surge or at least the blades of it (or a 2ho wave) I’m ready to pay quite a lot for it (I’m used to spending a good amount of money for multitools as most of this stuff is really expensive over here). I don’t think anybody will offer me one anyway…

I’m used to metal working (with simple tools) as I build gas lasers and high vacuum equipment in my free time. I think I can make my own blades out of 440C but I don’t have any experience with hardening processes yet.

That’s it for the moment… happy to join.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Re: Hello from Munich
Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 04:55:35 PM
Welcome to mt.o!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum adfel. :cheers:  AHB (Allan) is probably the best man to talk to about getting a 2HO Wave etc.

I will also say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your English. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
Hello!  :cheers:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:38:49 PM
Welcome, Willkommen,

Dein English ist aber sehr gut für jemanden der die Sprache selten benutzt. :D

I hope you have a great time here. We have a few German and Swiss members here.  :cheers:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:59 PM
Hi Adrian..  :tu:
Feel free to shoot me a pm about 2HO MTs, but getting a 2HO Surge is nearly impossible, since they're discontinued many years ago.. :( I do have a spare but it's waiting for just the right trade..  ;) Finding a 2HO Wave is alot easier..  :)

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:43:41 PM
Welcome aboard  :tu:
Prone to daydreaming.

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 03:28:55 AM
G'day & welcome Adrian  :D :D.

Given Germany's knife laws I am surprised the 2HO LMs are not imported there  :think: :think:.
Good luck finding a donor 2HO blade mate & you will have to show pictures of your mod mate when it is done  :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

gb Offline Jamie_M

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:39:33 PM
Welcome  :cheers:

nl Offline Waterlander

• Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 05:48:00 PM
Willkommen und viel Spaß  :)

de Offline adfel

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:14 PM
Thank you all for the replies. :D

@enki_ck:
Your German is even better. ;)

@AHB:
Thank you. I was already prepared to read this. I would be extremely happy with a 2ho Wave also. Probably it’s even better for edc but I don’t want to hurry too much. I keep my eyes open but first I want to modify a Surge. I hope I have something to post till the end of this month but I can’t promise it.

@MultiMat:
Well somebody really messed this law up. Most people over here don’t know that carrying a Wave or a Charge is illegal and even most police officers didn’t know what to do but now I hear more and more often about multitools getting confiscated. It wouldn’t bother me that much but there is a chance that you have to pay a lot of money (I heard something about a maximum of 15 kEuro) and I don’t really want to get into trouble. Even a moderate penalty of let’s say 2 kEuro is equal to 20-40 new multitools.

I know that for a collector of 2ho Leathermans it must be some sort of nightmare but I would be really happy to see a 2ho Wave on the market.

I go on a trip to the North Sea this evening and will not be able to post anything for about a week.

Here is a Photo of all normal multitools I have at the moment:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 01:14:37 PM
Thank you all for the replies. :D

@enki_ck:
Your German is even better. ;)

@AHB:
Thank you. I was already prepared to read this. I would be extremely happy with a 2ho Wave also. Probably it’s even better for edc but I don’t want to hurry too much. I keep my eyes open but first I want to modify a Surge. I hope I have something to post till the end of this month but I can’t promise it.

@MultiMat:
Well somebody really messed this law up. Most people over here don’t know that carrying a Wave or a Charge is illegal and even most police officers didn’t know what to do but now I hear more and more often about multitools getting confiscated. It wouldn’t bother me that much but there is a chance that you have to pay a lot of money (I heard something about a maximum of 15 kEuro) and I don’t really want to get into trouble. Even a moderate penalty of let’s say 2 kEuro is equal to 20-40 new multitools.

I know that for a collector of 2ho Leathermans it must be some sort of nightmare but I would be really happy to see a 2ho Wave on the market.

I go on a trip to the North Sea this evening and will not be able to post anything for about a week.

Here is a Photo of all normal multitools I have at the moment:

(Image removed from quote.)

Thats a nice collection adfel  :salute:  and welcome to MTO  :cheers:  laws do suck but atleast you can carry a fixed blade  :think: your laws are odder than ours  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%