Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman T-Rex Tool Prototype

cs Offline Misha77

Leatherman T-Rex Tool Prototype
on: August 12, 2012, 01:55:46 AM
Just wanna share this with u guys...
I posted this on Leatherman tools but maybe someone will be interested in this here :)

Few days ago i got this...

So i didn't find any information abth this on any web site including leatherman.com

Only thing i knew abth this is this is a prototype from their official FB page...

So i wrote them a letter and asked them abth this ...

This is a reply from them so i will quote whole reply because maybe somebody will find their mail usefull..  :)

Hello Miodrag-

The picture of the tool you have here is indeed the T-Rex. It is a very early prototype of the Z-Rex we will be selling to everyone in about a month. You can find that tool on our site now: http://www.leatherman.com/product/Z-Rex.

We never sold this tool you have and could not have used the name T-Rex. It was trademarked by someone else and we found out after we printed up those 100 samples. We decided on the name Z-Rex instead because the cutters now are in the shape of a Z. The prototype you had was made out of 154CM and features a cutter, but you cannot replace it like the new Z-Rex. There is a Hex driver and an oxygen tank wrench on your T-rex, just like the current Z-Rex, but no large hole for your small end finger to go though as an extra precaution for holding on in slippery or shaky situations. Also the new Z-Rex is made from aluminum and the handle is rounded. The T-Rex is one solid piece.

I hope these answers help you. The tool you have is a sample prototype and one of a kind. There were only 100 made.

Have a good weekend,

Juli

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Leatherman T-Rex Tool Prototype
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:01:05 AM
Interesting. Nice score.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:02:18 AM
That is pretty cool- I like it a lot better than the production version.  If you should ever feel like parting with it, please let me know.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:56:11 AM
You lucky devil  8) 8) 8) 8)

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

cs Offline Misha77

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 12:56:53 PM
Well I'm not that "lucky"... LOL
 I'm a user not a a collectionist.

Like i already said to Grant Lamontagne. Now since i know this is a prototype, i will never use this tool so it will sit in my house collecting dust.   :facepalm:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 06:00:51 PM
Pretty cool! Thanks for posting the photo :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:07:25 PM
I'm acting as a middleman in a trade, so I got to play a little with the T-Rex...
S30V steel, excellent thin molle sheath-I'm buying regular version for sure.
Couple more pics of this prototype:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 09:24:23 PM
Cool tool, so had Misha traded it  :think:   :tu:

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:32 PM
Yup.

cs Offline Misha77

Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:18:13 AM
  Well guys we dont have Pay Pal here in Serbia so it's will be very dificult tu put it on auction... So i think i made a fair deal (i wont tell u who is lucky new owner maybe he will tell u  LOL)   Like i said i like to use them and this tool will be much more valued in someone else's collection than im my house collecting dust. :)
 Few days ago my wife asked me what i am doing and i told her im on a greatest MT forum in the world. She just commented "OMG ur not the only MT freak there is a whole army!!!" She also told me that the first words of my 4 month old son probably will be "Dad where is my MT?"  :pommel:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:20:18 AM by Misha77 »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:00 PM
I'd be concerned if I were you if my kid started speaking English as a first language!  :D

And yes, there are a fair few of us around the world.  I'd say we have most of the world covered, although I think we are a bit light on members through Africa. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 02:07:46 AM
  Well guys we dont have Pay Pal here in Serbia so it's will be very dificult tu put it on auction... So i think i made a fair deal (i wont tell u who is lucky new owner maybe he will tell u  LOL)   Like i said i like to use them and this tool will be much more valued in someone else's collection than im my house collecting dust. :)
 Few days ago my wife asked me what i am doing and i told her im on a greatest MT forum in the world. She just commented "OMG ur not the only MT freak there is a whole army!!!" She also told me that the first words of my 4 month old son probably will be "Dad where is my MT?"  :pommel:

Sounds like we have a new Multitool.org member in the making there! :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 03:11:24 AM
We do have to think ahead you know! 

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:21 PM
I'm acting as a middleman in a trade, so I got to play a little with the T-Rex...
S30V steel, excellent thin molle sheath-I'm buying regular version for sure.
Couple more pics of this prototype:

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

...The prototype you had was made out of 154CM...

I wonder if that was just a mistake or if there are another 100 or so 154CM versions of this one out there?

:gimme:

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%