Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD

sawman · 100 · 7436

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD
Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 08:01:01 PM
Oh I know I'm getting older... can still sing though ;)

It's a hard thing to step down from when you still enjoy it, but you have to accept that nothing lasts forever, including your vocal chords sadly.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:41 PM
He was a lot better than Sir Paul at the opening gig - time to retire with some dignity intact me thinks ::)

Blasphemy!

Sir James Paul McCartney, the most successful composer and recording artist of all time, could beat screaming cats against a block of wood and still sound better than any other performer.

:viking:

:D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:14:02 PM by turnsouth »
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #92 on: August 14, 2012, 04:24:38 AM
He was a lot better than Sir Paul at the opening gig - time to retire with some dignity intact me thinks ::)

Blasphemy!

Sir James Paul McCartney, the most successful composer and recording artist of all time, could beat screaming cats against a block of wood and still sound better than any other performer.

:viking:

:D

I'll take a wild stab Paul and guess that your mom was a big Beatles fan even before you were born? ;) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #93 on: August 14, 2012, 05:18:55 AM

I'll take a wild stab Paul and guess that your mom was a big Beatles fan even before you were born? ;) :D

Not so much. The first album I ever bought myself was Venus and Mars, and I was hooked ever since.

Plus you have to admire the man's work ethic. There he was, a young man in a position to retire comfortably anywhere in the world, married to one of the richest women in the world, and without using a dime of her money he continued to work until he became one of the wealthiest men who ever lived. Even working hard to this day, (the opinion of some notwithstanding :P) with the last two concerts he performed taking in six million dollars.

Not to forget, years earlier he showed a young fellow named John, that he met at the fair, how to properly tune his guitar. Look where that led. :D

It's almost a mirror of my life...
 :rofl:
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #94 on: August 14, 2012, 07:08:40 AM
He needs to make the money, to keep paying his ex wife, I hear...   :D

I was never really a Beatles fan; I like some of their songs but I am not a fan..

As far as I knew "Help" was a Bananarama song, since they are the ones I heard sing it first   :o

Of course for the people that were in their teens-twenties when the Beatles were around the memories will differ..
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #95 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:15 AM
My mum was a beatles fan in the 60's but as i was bron in 1970 i grew up listening to Abba etc so i like most music but never really a beatles fan due to generation, we was made to sing all there songs at school as our music teacher was a beatles fanatic  :D although john lennons Imagine is another story i love that song  :tu: and glad they played it as the words mean alot .

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #96 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:25 AM
We just got an upgrade!

Adams threw 20.70m in the shot put final at the Olympic Stadium on 6 August and was awarded silver behind the Belarusian who had taken gold with 21.36m. It was the first time Adams had been beaten by Ostapchuk in nearly two years.

Adams has been awarded the medal, after the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced today that Belarus’s Nadzeya Ostapchuk, 33, was excluded from competition following a positive test for metenolone.

Gold for Valerie Adams, making New Zealand proud. :salute:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #97 on: August 15, 2012, 08:47:51 PM
Broadly I did enjoy it. :)  Sadly Suggs seems to not be able to sing any more. :-\

tell you what, I just thought of one old time performer who truly covered himself in glory IMO; Ray Davies (of the Kinks).  Superb performance I though. :salute:

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #98 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:36 PM
i actually went and bought the song i liked it so much, i did think it looked a little like they bought him back to life just for the games though
I

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #99 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:32 PM
i actually went and bought the song i liked it so much, i did think it looked a little like they bought him back to life just for the games though
lol  :rofl:

Harsh, but fair. :D  I think he's still gigging though, so it might explain why he can still sing.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%