Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New 93mm Alox

marduk · 18 · 3608

Offline marduk

New 93mm Alox
on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:39 PM
Vic produced a limited run of a new 93mm alox, the "Carver," for +B in both silver & copper scales. Roger made either a YouTube or FaceBook video about them a few weeks ago. As can be seen from the pics, it has 2 main blades (first time from Vic as far as I know) a saw, a pruning blade, a reamer & a wood saw.
silver Carver.jpg
* silver Carver.jpg (Filesize: 256.28 KB)
copper Carver.jpg
* copper Carver.jpg (Filesize: 293.96 KB)

Offline marduk

Re: New 93mm Alox
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
These 2 were produced in January and are part of the 50 LE series. Tim, FelineVet, is selling a few.

us Offline condcup

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:02:26 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :gimme:

nl Offline Wootz

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:41:05 PM
All of these models need some serious modding if you ask me..   :sak:
(obvious I'm no collector  :D

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:27 PM
Ya I dont see the value in the twin blades, but I would add serrations to one.  Maybe I should make a mod with all the extra fish scalers I have. I can put 4 on one knife and call it the pro scaler model.  I think I'd be shocked if anyone asked for one on a mod... :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Offline Espen

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 11:35:49 PM
Marlinspike and electrician blade? how obscure.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:12 PM
If that semi-circle is sharpened like an awl would be, would make for a great coaxial or heavy insulation cutter in wiring and antenna/internet connections. That marlin spike does took interesting, can it double as an awl too? Saw (I think) would be for material modification not seen by the public.

If had the money would buy one, but after a Climber and a Wenger SI am going to have to pay the piper. Probably should of just stuck with the Climber. Too late now.  :D

Do admire it, though the saw... :pok: rather have something else in there like a wrench tool with a magnifier on the other end personally.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:35 AM
Ya I dont see the value in the twin blades, but I would add serrations to one. Maybe I should make a mod with all the extra fish scalers I have. I can put 4 on one knife and call it the pro scaler model.  I think I'd be shocked if anyone asked for one on a mod... :D

I agree with that, a SAK with a serrated blade (or partially serrated) along with a plain blade is really useful.

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:36:26 AM
If that semi-circle is sharpened like an awl would be, would make for a great coaxial or heavy insulation cutter in wiring and antenna/internet connections. That marlin spike does took interesting, can it double as an awl too?

the semi-circle is sharpened.

the marlin spike as awl, that i'm not so sure about as the spike is designed not to damage/cut the rope knots it untangles.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 05:49:19 AM
If that semi-circle is sharpened like an awl would be, would make for a great coaxial or heavy insulation cutter in wiring and antenna/internet connections. That marlin spike does took interesting, can it double as an awl too?

the semi-circle is sharpened.

the marlin spike as awl, that i'm not so sure about as the spike is designed not to damage/cut the rope knots it untangles.

Ahh. Never seen a Marlin spike before or knew what it does - of you couldn't tell.  :-[
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 03:32:06 PM
Ya I dont see the value in the twin blades, but I would add serrations to one. Maybe I should make a mod with all the extra fish scalers I have. I can put 4 on one knife and call it the pro scaler model.  I think I'd be shocked if anyone asked for one on a mod... :D

I agree with that, a SAK with a serrated blade (or partially serrated) along with a plain blade is really useful.

I agree as well.  I would like a SAK with a plain blade and a serrated sheepsfoot blade if possible. 
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:26:40 PM
I agree as well.  I would like a SAK with a plain blade and a serrated sheepsfoot blade if possible.

Me too. This is the only reason I glimpse on Leathermans Surge/ Wave/ Charge every now and then, although I don't need to carry a big pliers. But they offer those 2 blades (and they also are one hand opened and locking  :o). Other makers offer(ed) twin blades also:

Is it much to ask for something similar from the makers of most comprehensive multitools?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48:20 PM

Me too. This is the only reason I glimpse on Leathermans Surge/ Wave/ Charge every now and then, although I don't need to carry a big pliers. But they offer those 2 blades (and they also are one hand opened and locking  :o). Other makers offer(ed) twin blades also:

(Image removed from quote.)

Is it much to ask for something similar from the makers of most comprehensive multitools?

Yeah, that is a big advantage those Leathermans have.  I have a Wave and Charge (TTi and AL) and I really like them.  However, due to the bulk and weight, I don't carry them often.  I don't care to belt/sheath carry them as it doesn't fit in with my office attire.  I can carry one next to my wallet though, and it's not a bother there. 

Regardless, I also EDC at least one SAK, and it would be nice if they could manage to make one with both blades available. 
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
In order to stay pure, a Spirit sheepfoot blade would be nice, otherwise the XAVT's serrated one.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:59:39 PM by kkokkolis »

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:38 PM

:ahhh :ahhh

What is that?! I want one. Two bladed Opinel? I see Robinson on the handle but that's not exactly an easy search string.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 09:21:13 PM
It is a Facosa “Robinson” Cote-a-Cote, an Opinel mod with plastic handle and dual blades, discontinued model.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:39 PM
I'll be searching for one now. :tu: Sooner or later one will pop up. :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24