Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What bag are you carrying today?

Gareth · 47 · 14725

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Re: What bag are you carrying today?
Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:23 AM
I carry the Camelbak BFM in black for my computer and misc. EDC items. For my camera equipment I use the Lowepro Slingshot 302 and if I'm in the outdoors or doing water related stuff like kayaking I have the Lowepro Dryzone 200.

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:26 AM
that Lowepro dryzone bag looks good. :tu:  Have you tested their claim "watertight..... even during complete immersion"?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
that Lowepro dryzone bag looks good. :tu:  Have you tested their claim "watertight..... even during complete immersion"?

Yes, I actually did, with equipment in it. I dumped my kayak (unintentionally, of course) just after I bought the bag a couple years ago. It is truly water tight. You just need to ensure everything that can't get wet is in the water tight compartment and not the outside pocket.

Terry

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 02:03:49 AM
I carry the Camelbak BFM in black for my computer and misc. EDC items. For my camera equipment I use the Lowepro Slingshot 302 and if I'm in the outdoors or doing water related stuff like kayaking I have the Lowepro Dryzone 200.

(Image removed from quote.)
I have the Lowepro Slingshot 200, but it's never really been put into action.  I got it a few years back to replace my hip mounted bag (think it's called a Lowepro trailblazer II), but I never really got back to using the SLR kit so it's currently sitting.  I'm heading back to the SLR though slowly and will probbaly use the winter months to get a setup straightened out and get familar with the equipment again.  By early spring I hope to be ready to go.  I'm pretty sure the Slingshot 200 will be part of that, at least initially.

I remember having a hardtime deciding how big of bag to get, and could not use my current loadout as a guideline because I was wanting to reduce the load/weight.  In the end I just forgot the whole thing for a while and started to carry a P&S as part of my EDC kit.  I think after a decade now I'm finally ready to start fresh.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 02:29:43 AM
This should be the last full work week I got to carry my POS backpack.

Camelback HAWG on the way monday :D

I really hate my bag now . I can't wait to move into a bigger bag.
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 02:55:58 AM

(Image removed from quote.)
I have the Lowepro Slingshot 200, but it's never really been put into action.  I got it a few years back to replace my hip mounted bag (think it's called a Lowepro trailblazer II), but I never really got back to using the SLR kit so it's currently sitting.  I'm heading back to the SLR though slowly and will probbaly use the winter months to get a setup straightened out and get familar with the equipment again.  By early spring I hope to be ready to go.  I'm pretty sure the Slingshot 200 will be part of that, at least initially.

I remember having a hardtime deciding how big of bag to get, and could not use my current loadout as a guideline because I was wanting to reduce the load/weight.  In the end I just forgot the whole thing for a while and started to carry a P&S as part of my EDC kit.  I think after a decade now I'm finally ready to start fresh.

Yeah, my only problem with the Slingshot 200 is the size. I just have too much (did I just say that?) equipment to carry. I need the 350 now but other needs are taking priority at the moment.  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh

Terry

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 04:27:37 AM
This should be the last full work week I got to carry my POS backpack.

Camelback HAWG on the way monday :D

I really hate my bag now . I can't wait to move into a bigger bag.
Looks like it is time for an initial report.  :pok:

Yeah, my only problem with the Slingshot 200 is the size. I just have too much (did I just say that?) equipment to carry. I need the 350 now but other needs are taking priority at the moment.  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh
Ya... It certainly could be small for some.  What I did at the time was buy a big Lowepro Nova 200AW as a kit-bag that I could take withme if I really needed everything, but I decided it worked best at home to stock what I needed into my carry bag.  Didn't like having all my stuff in a bag that I might sit down, or leave in the car while I was out shooting; Just too risky.  These days I'd even like to go smaller than the Slingshot 200 a lot of the time as my carry bag. 

You can never have to much photo gear I don't think.  I still bought a couple great lenses even when I was not using my kit.  Now I have 5 lenses I really don't know that well, so I have a lot of field time to catch up on.  The good thing is though I can just grab one or two of them at a time; so I won't be needing a large kit in the field again for quite a while. 

I'll probaly also get into a smaller setup as well.  Some ILC APS-C camera, leaning towards the Fuji X-E1 with only a couple of lenses.  I'll keep my pocket point-and-shoot since that's part of my EDC kit, and then I'll have my dSLR and film SLR which I'll use again at sometime I'm sure; I still like shooting film for a number of reasons, many have nothing to do with film.  This will mean I'll be able to have a number of lighter options.

After using the Maxpedition Gearslinger bags, I'm not that crazy about the Slingshot 200AW, I might convert a MP bag into a camera bag.

Anyway sick as a dog last week so my EDC bag sat idle... but still runnin' with the Noatak as my EDC bag and lovin' it.

us Offline JAfromMn

Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:55 AM
I love the camelback hawg so far.

It's smaller than I thought but I don't have/use the water balder so my edc fit's in it well and it still small enough to not take up a lot of room.

I got to give Tattosteve a big thumbs up for hooking me up with a sweet bag.

I'll do a bag dump with pic's soon.
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline wave180

Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 11:39:48 PM
I have a Columbia Rime right now as my edc and a Kelty Redwing 44 for 2-3 day hikes. I love the rime's organizational pockets. It has #10 YKK zippers on the main pouch and #8 on the rest. The cordura fabric seems to be thicker than the Kelty's fabric.

Recent day hike about a week ago.

I have an Osprey Quantum and Rush12 awaiting to arrive from Amazon. The rush will be my main everyday bag and the Quantum for theme park outings.

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 05:19:25 AM
Does anyone on here use any 5.11 bags for EDC? I have some friends with them and they all have mixed opinions about the 5.11 line of bags. Thoughts?

Terry

de Offline chewinggum

• New User
Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 03:35:07 PM
I rediscovered my beloved vaude. used to carry it almost daily some months ago. it's so simple but so good :D
http://www.alligator-lederwaren.de/vaude-hot-couture-luke-l-umhangetasche.html
ordinary actions, taken consistently, produce extraordinary results

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 03:38:13 PM
Nice!
Been carrying my maxpedition.

sent from Ducttapetech's mobile device

uploadfromtaptalk1371821898635.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1371821898635.jpg (Filesize: 96.77 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
Red Oxx Rock Hopper. I really like this one. Perfect for my daily commute.

us Offline JAfromMn

Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:59 AM
I'm still carrying my camelback hawg.

its been a great .

I just wish it was tan or kaki not black

it gets way to hot inside
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 04:47:20 AM
purse.........lol jk
Quality Control
Materials
Design

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 05:56:15 AM
Looks like this thread needs some current updates.  Anyone got any new information to report on great bags they like?

Since summer I've not been carrying a bag much, been using my cargo pockets and jacket pockets. I tend to always have lots of pockets.  Still I miss my bag sometimes.  I'm still rockin with the Noatak as my main bag and it's not givin me much trouble.  I have not used my Neatfreak in quite some time.  I've considered setting up an organizer pouch or two to make it easier to change up the bag, but have not done so yet.  Took inventory of my bags and pouches, and yes I have too many.

I bought the Noatak S-type the day it was announced as I was on their "interetsed" list and got early notice of its release.  However, now my left shoulder is better than my right, so I've stuck with my standard Noatak.

Did some camera bag messing, but got frustrated and I've not found something that works for me at this point.  I think my old LowPro TrailBlazer II was an awesome bag for my kit at the time, but the belt warn and it had a couple holes and I found they don't make it anymore.  Luckily I found a new one on ebay for next to nothing so I got that.  It does not really work for me at this time, but I was able to use the pouches with another bag, and I might use it for some setups.

The greatest invention in Camera carry systems has been the Slink-Strap; Love these things, the orginal rapid straps are a ripoff like all camera gear, but I love them.  I use a Black Rapid RS-7 and find it's great for many types of shooting.  The biggest problem is I attach it to my quick-release plate and that requires an extra clamp and makes the connection quite bulky, which causes a problem with the camera fitting into some bags.  Since I've not been using the tripod much I may consider a direct connect, but I'd rather not since I should be using the tripod more.

For some unknown reason I've been diggin' the new Red/Black color combo MaxPedition has released on a few bags, but I don't have any bag with that scheme yet.  I'm considering a FatBoy for casual days, but it would be cool if they used it Sitka or Noatak.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:59:20 AM by ICanFixThat »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 12:20:57 PM
Nice bump mate.  I've been back to carrying my small Wenger backpack for the last couple of weeks.

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%