Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge, Surge, Spirit or Axe? Help!

Offline spunkyruss

Re: Charge, Surge, Spirit or Axe? Help!
Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 07:45:25 AM
I also found that the United States Federal Trade Commission standards for "Made in USA" labelling only require that
the product be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.

Under California's state laws, an product for sale in California cannot be labeled as “Made in U.S.A.” “when then merchandise or any article, unit, or part thereof, has been entirely or substantially made, manufactured, or produced outside of the United States.”

Incidentally, my recently purchased SOG powerlock's packaging displayed no country of origin markings.  There are no markings on the SOG tool either.*  The paperwork inside the SOG's package, however, clearly states "Made in USA."  

I checked the paperwork that came with a few leathermans, and I found no country of origin info on the leatherman paperwork.  

*EDIT: The SOG is clearly stamped "SOG  USA" on the pliers.  Oddly enough, you can't see the "USA" when the SOG is fully opened or fully closed, but it's clearly visibly between opened and closed positions.  (The gears cover the "USA" stamp when it's fully opened, and the handles cover the "USA" stamp when it's fully closed.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:00:19 AM by spunkyruss »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Charge, Surge, Spirit or Axe? Help!
Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 02:27:06 PM
Wow, excellent job of research Russ! Thanks for doing the legwork and posting it here for us. Everything is starting to make a little more sense now......
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%