Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I kinda want a Surge...

Offline Carthas

Re: I kinda want a Surge...
Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:27 PM
I say go for it. Because pretty soon customs will shut down Australia's borders so tight they won't even let plastic butter knives through, and you'll then have to pay $180 for one from a local dealer :P

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 07:54:35 AM
It is an excellent multitool. Go for it.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 09:45:21 AM
Get a Surge and a Supertool 300 so you can make a "Super Surge" (surge with replaceable cutters on the plier heads). 

Once you've had some practice and solved any/all problems I can send mine too you for the mk II treatment  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
I kinda want a Surge...
Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:47 PM
Get a Surge and a Supertool 300 so you can make a "Super Surge" (surge with replaceable cutters on the plier heads). 

Once you've had some practice and solved any/all problems I can send mine too you for the mk II treatment  :D

Hah!

I just bought a Kick and was going to swap the plier head into my Charge TTi, but I'm not brave enough!

I played with a Surge the other night... It's too heavy for my normal pocket carry, but nice in every other way.

I think my next overtime pay will be buying me one.
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
I just bought a Kick and was going to swap the plier head into my Charge TTi, but I'm not brave enough!

I thought putting a Rebar plier head into a Charge/Wave was the current popular mod ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline mvyrmnd

• Tupperware Hunter
I kinda want a Surge...
Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:44 PM
Probably, but I have a spare Kick, not a spare Rebar!
Just don't say fecal coagulation.  :twak: - Mr. Whippy

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 03:10:14 PM

Howdy! I am no modding expert at all, but I'm pretty sure the plier head on my Kick is ground a bit on one side to make it thinner so that the knife can fit in. If yours is like mine, it may not be a direct swap into the TTi. :-\ That's too bad, cause a TTi w/ regular head would be a pretty big improvement IMO... Good luck. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%