Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

week off so testing time.

Zed · 31 · 4768

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
week off so testing time.
on: November 10, 2012, 10:52:25 PM
Well works been getting me down so not back in till next friday and due to a trade with lowtech and badwolfs kindness I've plenty of stuff to test out this week so will do a few reviews. here is my list

Gerber mp800
Quirky switch
mil-tec gak pliers

and a few more pics and reviews soon  :tu:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: week off so testing time.
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:12:06 PM

Good luck Mate an watch those fingers  :salute:

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 11:13:06 PM
Looking forward to seeing what you think of the MP800.  I'm still on the fence about it, though being a Gerber nut I'm sure one will appear here sooner rather than later.  :)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 04:02:24 AM
Not a big Gerber fan but I'm interested in the MP800 results.

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:13:53 AM
Well ill be on many long walks and mountainbike rides so hopefully sone cool pics as well  :tu:

oh and got to build a dolls house this week ill tell more as i do it
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:20:59 AM by Zed »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:39:59 PM
 :pok:  well??

:D :D 

You need to build two dolls houses, not one...  ;)  less fighting that way
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 04:57:58 PM
:pok:  well??

:D :D 

You need to build two dolls houses, not one...  ;)  less fighting that way

:D come on ive only had a day off so far  :rofl:  the story of the dolls house is my sister in laws fault, for the last 3 years we have a christmas build off, we all get together at my house and make decorations etc, every year me and her get very competitive,well this year we are joining forces and we are building santas house and workshop, all in one dools house, i will also be adding lighting and conveyer belts  :D

ok here is what ill be trying out this week, not sure if ill post up here or do seperate posts for each tool  :think:

the non branded MT also came from Badwolf (jeff) and is of a similar set up too the mp800 its actually well made so will compare it to the legend  :tu:

us Offline n4vgm

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:47 PM
That Quirky Switch is Far Out man! (we need peace sign waving smiley)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:56:22 PM
Yeah the quirky is pretty out there and cool a bit like me  :rofl:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 08:45:26 PM
Make sure to also test the 108mm saw...  :whistle:

:D

Looking forward to this. :tu: Take lots of pics. :salute:

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:36 PM
Glad you like the bits, have a good break and take plenty of pics :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:58:12 PM
Make sure to also test the 108mm saw...  :whistle:

:D

Looking forward to this. :tu: Take lots of pics. :salute:

:D will do mate, i have got a mil-teg regular Gak here and oddly it has a file on the saw and the pliers version doesnt  :think: the pliers are a very well made set and should work well, there will be plenty of pics  ;)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:30 PM
Glad you like the bits, have a good break and take plenty of pics :tu:

Like them i love them mate, and work was getting too me as lots on and residents getting harder and harder to deal with plus new staff doing my head in, so i needed a break and now to make it better i have plenty of stuff to test out  :ahhh   :ahhh  its going to be a very fun week off  :salute:  cant thank you enough jeff  :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 09:58:25 AM
Well not a good start to my week off, the girls went to a birthday party yesterday and was both up all night being sick  :-\ so both off school, plus pouring down  :ahhh so tired as up till 3.30 and up at 6am  :ahhh but im going to get some brake cables from the shed and do a plier test on these later  :tu: girls fine now, must of been crappy food overload  :-\

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:19:56 AM
I have not got any of those GAK plier type knives yet. Looked through my stash the otherday and found 3 Aitor spanish army knives one in a military issue sheath and had this extra belt hook thingy and another un-branded spanish army knife that is a differnt style and looks like this
http://fusiongear.com.au/spanish-army-clasp-knife-p-193.html
Always planned to get some of the plier type Aitor and Miltec tools at some point

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:51 AM
I have not got any of those GAK plier type knives yet. Looked through my stash the otherday and found 3 Aitor spanish army knives one in a military issue sheath and had this extra belt hook thingy and another un-branded spanish army knife that is a differnt style and looks like this
http://fusiongear.com.au/spanish-army-clasp-knife-p-193.html
Always planned to get some of the plier type Aitor and Miltec tools at some point

out of the 3 here its the one that impressed me the most as very solidly made and the pliers was the only one of the 3 that cut paper like scissors  :tu: not the most comfy handle but works well, ive always liked Gaks and have usualy got atleast one in my collection, ive also had most makes of gaks and found them all pretty much the same, this pliers version is rock solid and would make a great little mod project ie possibly changing the CS for phillips and some cool scales  :tu: its ashame Mil-tec used there standard scales as there is still a lanyard hole but due to plies and liners there is no hole going through and would not work due to pliers, micarta would look cool  8)   :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:45:36 AM
well the good wife is taking the day off  :-\ so not much testing today so here are some Gak pics for now  :tu:

in the rain  :-\

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:53:50 AM by Zed »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 11:50:27 AM
well the good wife is taking the day off  :-\ so not much testing today so here are some Gak pics for now  :tu:

:rofl: :D
maybe tomorrow..  :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:45 AM

:rofl: :D
maybe tomorrow..  :D

Fingers crossed mate  :D i spend my working life looking after folk so fancied a week off of that kind of thing, but i do hate it when my kids are ill, although they are full of beans now so back to school me thinks tuesday and then test time, hopefully also dolls house (1 of)  :D   ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:32 PM
Nothing better than a busman's holiday!  :D  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 12:12:28 PM

Would prefer a Bushmans holiday  :rofl:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 12:14:27 PM

Maybe when you are retired... or if they all drive you crazy and you run away to live in the forest..  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:45 PM

Maybe when you are retired... or if they all drive you crazy and you run away to live in the forest..  :D

:rofl:  well i better get a emergency bushcraft set up sorted  ;) right wheres the kukri  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 12:56:28 PM
Well had to test something today so as the girls are off i got millie (6) to test the scissors on the mp800 v the quirky, pic pretty much speaks for its self as the Gerbers was much smoother even though both was chunky MT,s in her hands,  :tu:

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 08:14:39 AM
its ashame Mil-tec used there standard scales as there is still a lanyard hole but due to plies and liners there is no hole going through and would not work due to pliers, micarta would look cool 

I always thought that was a a dumb idea. I got a Miltec GAK (non pliers) which was a newly made one (not issued) in recent years but i thought the quality was a pretty crappy. If you get the chance (and want to), get the versions made by Aitor and Kissing Cranes. They can still be bought brand new if you look hard enough and they are both very good quality. The Adler and CCM versions i have are also quite good too.

Where did you get that pliers model from?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:27:38 AM by Cyclone82 »

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:34 AM
its ashame Mil-tec used there standard scales as there is still a lanyard hole but due to plies and liners there is no hole going through and would not work due to pliers, micarta would look cool 

I always thought that was a a dumb idea. I got a Miltec GAK (non pliers) which was a newly made one (not issued) in recent years but i thought the quality was a pretty crappy. If you get the chance (and want to), get the versions made by Aitor and Kissing Cranes. They can still be bought brand new if you look hard enough and they are both very good quality. The Adler and CCM versions i have are also quite good too.

Where did you get that pliers model from?

As i said ive had pretty much all models of Gaks, ive never noticed a huge build difference although this pliers version is more solid than the standard Mil-tec Gak i have here, for what you pay i think you get more than your moneys worth and if the plier version had red scales on it and said vic on the blades i would not be surprised as its that well made, i was gifted this one by badwolf but i know links to where thay are sold in the uk ,  :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:08 PM
Well this week not going as i wanted it too sadly due to feeling rough for the last 2 days so i had to get some repeat prescriptions from the docs  :-\ although i have taken a lot of pics and tested botht he quirky and the mp800 but got a issue with phottobucket as everytime i go on there my pc slows right down and then i have to close the net down  :think: seems since they changed there set up  :-\ so hopefully pics and reviews soon  :tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 01:19:45 PM
Well this week not going as i wanted it too sadly due to feeling rough for the last 2 days so i had to get some repeat prescriptions from the docs  :-\ although i have taken a lot of pics and tested botht he quirky and the mp800 but got a issue with phottobucket as everytime i go on there my pc slows right down and then i have to close the net down  :think: seems since they changed there set up  :-\ so hopefully pics and reviews soon  :tu:

Fart-o-bucket has been a chuff for me too mate. Once you've logged in (before uploading pics) there should be an option somewhere (top right  :think:) to revert back to original format. You'll get a pop up asking why - tell them it's crap and stop dicking about - then you'll be able to use the original working version  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:08 PM

Fart-o-bucket has been a chuff for me too mate. Once you've logged in (before uploading pics) there should be an option somewhere (top right  :think:) to revert back to original format. You'll get a pop up asking why - tell them it's crap and stop dicking about - then you'll be able to use the original working version  :tu:

+1

I went back to the original version after 2 minutes.......
In the original one if you hover the mouse over a picture you get the link options to it. In the newer one this was not happening..

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:23 PM

+1

I went back to the original version after 2 minutes.......
In the original one if you hover the mouse over a picture you get the link options to it. In the newer one this was not happening..

cheers mate as i didnt even know i could change it back  :tu:  it seems ok now  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%