Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm back!

us Offline bushidomosquito

I'm back!
on: November 12, 2012, 03:16:07 AM
This is probably my favorite forum of all. I couldn't stay away for long. I've has a long run of personal issues that just had to have my full attention and I learned some valuable lessons along the way:

Being an EDC nut comes in real handy for dealing with short bouts of homelessness.

Smart phones are a very poor solution of not having internet access, especially if you need to log on to anything to respond to PMs and emails.

Problems with personal relationships are best not discussed on the internet.

Being broke as a joke for a few months is a great way to quit smoking.

Taking on a ton of orders when you don't have the production capacity to fill them or a stable work environment is a really bad idea. I wish I was half as good at business as I am at modding SAKs.

That last one is my final issue to address now. I've been moving my little meager workshop around the state of Iowa for far to long trying to set up in a place to work to no avail. Finally got that settled right back where I started after all the other problems were smoothed over and I'm ready to get this modding thing back into full swing. Some of you are waiting on customs from me and I'm past the deadline for many of you I know. Rest assured I'm on it and the price we agreed on will be significantly less once your orders are done. I'm actually surprised at how few people have been hounding me about it. I was expecting a lot more of that.

Anyways, I'm done with custom orders for good. I'll be working on a backlog of those for a while and I decided that after those are done I'd rather make what I like when I can and just sell that. I have titanium trench lighters and titanium hardware for paracord projects on the to do list and I'll never get to that with a steady stream of 20+ custom SAKs waiting to be finished.

I'm glad to see that Syph007 has gotten so good and so prolific with his modding of 93mm that I don't even have to bother with those unless I feel like it. You can all now get anything from him that you could get from me WAAAAY faster and cheaper and that's awesome since I have made 58mm my specialty. It's also good to see Crackout working up some great mods. I hope to see this disease continue to spread to other members of the forum.

Good to be back online and back on MT.O again not to mention back among the ranks of the employed and housed. 

Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: I'm back!
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:29:17 AM
Good to have you back man.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:36:38 AM
Nice to see you back. :tu: I was wondering where you were. I hope everything goes good for you from now on. :salute:

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
I'm back!
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 03:47:25 AM
My brother in arms. Good to see a fellow craftsman back in action!
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:01:29 AM
i'm just a new guy around here but i hate to hear about anyone's rough patches.  keep your chin up, hopefully things continue to improve.

see you around the forums.

i'll have to find a bigger pic of the knife in your aviator, is that an backside awl inline?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 05:10:15 AM
i'm just a new guy around here but i hate to hear about anyone's rough patches.  keep your chin up, hopefully things continue to improve.

see you around the forums.

i'll have to find a bigger pic of the knife in your aviator, is that an backside awl inline?

Thats the Ti yeoman! 

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,30922.msg606686.html#msg606686

Before I started modding it was one of the inspirational jaw dropping threads I stumbled upon here.  :D 

Glad you're back in action Aaron.  Lets crank out more parts. :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:34:45 AM
thanks syph007

i was mistaking the philips for an awl

us Offline nj2656

Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 07:07:12 AM
Great to see you back. Sorry to hear about your decision. I was looking forward to one of your mods someday.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03:46 AM
Hello - Nice to have you back.

00 Offline Ombudsman

• Rite of )+( Passage
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:45:02 AM
Welcome home ! :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:42 AM
Glad too see you back mate,i had 2 weeks off recently as got cut off and as no wifi i also learnt another lesson with my android phone ie expensive  :ahhh I'm sure you will sort it all out life can test us at times .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:16:18 AM by Zed »

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:37 AM
I wondered where you'd been hiding. Welcome back, mate  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

de Offline crackout

Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:47 AM
Welcome back! :tool:
Say my name.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:54 AM
Nice to see you back. :tu: I was wondering where you were. I hope everything goes good for you from now on. :salute:

x10 Good to see you back  :salute:
Everything’s adjustable

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:17 PM
Good to see ya again..  :tu: :tu:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 03:59:56 PM
Welcome back, always good to hear when people manage to get through a rough patch.

mx Offline Sidhartha

• Hecho en México
Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:45 PM
welcome back bushido!
custom swiss army knives

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 04:46:43 PM
Bushy! :D

Nice to see you here man, your work is a great inspiration for a lot of other people. Hopefully life will be heading onwards and upwards for you from now on :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 12:09:46 AM
Welcome back, Bushido. :cheers:

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 02:10:52 AM
It's great to have you back Bushi  :cheers:
SAW

us Offline bushidomosquito

Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 05:08:47 AM
Thank's a bunch everybody. I missed this place. I'm officially passing the king SAK modder crown on to Syph007 for all his amazing work and the sheer volume of it. I'm impressed as hell that he's been able to put out so much knowing exactly what's involved in each one. Funny that I went from being a bit cautious about sharing my techniques with him for fear of competition to eventually being like, "Dude, can I just start referring people to you for all 93mm work from now on? I can't handle it all!" to telling folks that I wasn't doing anything but 58mm in less than a year. The teacher has definitely become the student.

I'll never give the hobby up for good. I sometimes get envious of guys like ong and Sidhartha that just make what they like when they like and aren't bound by the business end of it. That's the way to do it.

And I have a new one in the for sale section if anyone's interested. Time to get some more parts ordered and get back at it.
Sent from my Glock 23 using Doubletaptalk

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 10:41:27 AM
Terrific to have you back Bushi , I hope things settle down for you mate & I look forward to see what beauties you come out with next  :tu: :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 10:51:54 AM
It's good to have you back :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nl Offline Waterlander

• Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 11:35:04 AM
Aaron: keep your head up, all the best mate.
I have to under go a surgery on my hand/wrist. This keeps me from posting sorry to say.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
I'm back!
Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
Good to see you back! Life can sure throw lemons at times.

The Ash Mobile Voom Voom

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but GREAT to hear things have settled down and you're able to get back to doing what you love.

You started a fire in this SAK modding forum and it won't be extinguished anytime soon.

I look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

Take Care! 

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:35 PM
I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not and I'm too lazy to check.  :P

On the off chance that I haven't posted yet, it's great to have you back. I'd wondered why you went quiet for a while and I was hoping it wasn't too serious.  Welcome back.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Waterlander

Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 11:38:37 AM
This is probably my favorite forum of all. I couldn't stay away for long. I've has a long run of personal issues that just had to have my full attention and I learned some valuable lessons along the way:

Being an EDC nut comes in real handy for dealing with short bouts of homelessness.

Smart phones are a very poor solution of not having internet access, especially if you need to log on to anything to respond to PMs and emails.

Problems with personal relationships are best not discussed on the internet.

Being broke as a joke for a few months is a great way to quit smoking.

Taking on a ton of orders when you don't have the production capacity to fill them or a stable work environment is a really bad idea. I wish I was half as good at business as I am at modding SAKs.

That last one is my final issue to address now. I've been moving my little meager workshop around the state of Iowa for far to long trying to set up in a place to work to no avail. Finally got that settled right back where I started after all the other problems were smoothed over and I'm ready to get this modding thing back into full swing. Some of you are waiting on customs from me and I'm past the deadline for many of you I know. Rest assured I'm on it and the price we agreed on will be significantly less once your orders are done. I'm actually surprised at how few people have been hounding me about it. I was expecting a lot more of that.

Anyways, I'm done with custom orders for good. I'll be working on a backlog of those for a while and I decided that after those are done I'd rather make what I like when I can and just sell that. I have titanium trench lighters and titanium hardware for paracord projects on the to do list and I'll never get to that with a steady stream of 20+ custom SAKs waiting to be finished.

I'm glad to see that Syph007 has gotten so good and so prolific with his modding of 93mm that I don't even have to bother with those unless I feel like it. You can all now get anything from him that you could get from me WAAAAY faster and cheaper and that's awesome since I have made 58mm my specialty. It's also good to see Crackout working up some great mods. I hope to see this disease continue to spread to other members of the forum.

Good to be back online and back on MT.O again not to mention back among the ranks of the employed and housed.

Well Aaron, I have been waiting for 8 months now. Since you are back, and since you took my money, it's about time you start delivering what we agreed on. I still haven't received anything. At least you could answer my PM's, don't leave me in the dark, and keep your promises..this is very bad for business.
Frank  :-[

nl Offline Waterlander

Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 01:14:26 PM
@ Bushidomosquito:

MAIL ME THE TRACKINGNUMBERS.

nl Offline Waterlander

Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:55 AM
If you can't show me the trackingnumbers, then I like my money back ASAP.

1. Total refund US$100.00 for the 58mm.

(US$35.00 payment made on 22-7-2012 + US$65.00 for the red alox B+ Drifter)

You can paypal me within one week from now.

2. Total refund US$305.00 for the 93mm.

(US$200.00 payment made on 25-5-2012 + US$75.00 on 17-6-2012 + US$30.00 on 14-9-2012)

You can paypal me within two weeks from now.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%