Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hurricane Sandy

us Offline Ashley

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • AKA Knife Crazied
Hurricane Sandy
Reply #90 on: November 04, 2012, 02:29:07 AM
I can't wait for you to get power Tom. I'm bored and need my txting pal back. :D

Sent from Ash forum mobile

us Offline Hypnos3510

Re: Re: Hurricane Sandy
Reply #91 on: November 04, 2012, 03:05:05 AM
Still no power at home.  >:(  Town's slowly coming back on line, but it's gonna be a while I think..... Managed to do laundry and get a hot meal at a friend's, so not a complete disaster.  The good news is that my store has power and internet, so I can communicate a bit with all of you.  :)  The bad news is that as of 9 minutes ago, New Jersey is on odd/even gas rationing.  Welcome to 1973!  ;)

That sucks!!! Gas here on long island is bad too, I waited online for 3 hours yesterday only to make it to the front and have them run out. I am heading upstate NY with 3 cars just to get some gas. Hope you get your power back soon.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Re: Hurricane Sandy
Reply #92 on: November 05, 2012, 05:05:31 PM
No power, day 7 now.  Last night was lovely, a brisk 270F.  And to make it even MORE fun, there is a nor'easter tracking on us for Wednesday afternoon-Thursday morning.  Oh, did I mention the 2.0 EARTHQUAKE this morning?  :ahhh
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #93 on: November 05, 2012, 06:14:19 PM
No power, day 7 now.  Last night was lovely, a brisk 270F.  And to make it even MORE fun, there is a nor'easter tracking on us for Wednesday afternoon-Thursday morning.  Oh, did I mention the 2.0 EARTHQUAKE this morning?  :ahhh
Brrr, hope your holding in ok, I'd lend you my propane heater if I could, as for the earthquake, well your sol, lol, hunker down and hold in is all I can say, take care JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Hurricane Sandy
Reply #94 on: November 05, 2012, 08:22:06 PM
Darn Tom you all must have pissed mother nature off good for her to be unleashing on you all like this. :pok: :pok:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #95 on: November 05, 2012, 08:45:33 PM
Darn Tom you all must have pissed mother nature off good for her to be unleashing on you all like this. :pok: :pok:

I don't know what you're talking about.  This is the Garden State!  We grow all sorts of things - tollbooths, Superfund sites, refineries.....  :P  The mob dumping grounds in the Meadowlands doesn't count as fertilizing?  :think:  ::)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: November 07, 2012, 02:24:26 PM
I was awakened by this odd gurgling and hissing sound early this morning.  It took me a minute to figure out what it was.  The heat was on!  The power came back on at 3:15 this morning!  :woohoo:  Eight full days without power in the weather we were having was not much fun.  Thank God it's over! Well, at least until we get hit by this next storm tonight.....

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #97 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:05 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.  This is the Garden State!  We grow all sorts of things - tollbooths, Superfund sites, refineries.....  :P  The mob dumping grounds in the Meadowlands doesn't count as fertilizing?  :think:  ::)

I was in jersey in the 90s on business, and I do remember alot of tollbooths and refineries! I was visiting a refinery for on site installs back then.  Also you have these road things called jug handles which totally confused me.  Get in the right lane to turn left...  :think:   I got the hang of it but I did get lost a lot.

Glad you got power back, 8 days is quite a long time! 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #98 on: November 07, 2012, 04:21:36 PM
I was awakened by this odd gurgling and hissing sound early this morning.  It took me a minute to figure out what it was.  The heat was on!  The power came back on at 3:15 this morning!  :woohoo:  Eight full days without power in the weather we were having was not much fun.  Thank God it's over! Well, at least until we get hit by this next storm tonight.....

Congratulations Tom  :drink: Don't worry mate, you've not missed anything - we were just killing time till you got back  :P :D :D :D Hope this next storm passes without too much agro   :salute:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #99 on: November 07, 2012, 07:03:03 PM

Great news mate. :woohoo:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #100 on: November 07, 2012, 10:00:27 PM

Congratulations Tom  :drink: Don't worry mate, you've not missed anything - we were just killing time till you got back  :P :D :D :D Hope this next storm passes without too much agro   :salute:

It's snowing at the moment, but not going to hit us as bad as they'd originally forecast.  I've got a lot of catching up to do, got pics of a whole bunch of new stuff to post!  Business as usual, just a hell of a lot colder......  @Syph007 - Jughandles are our way of getting back to you out-of-state weirdos who do crazy things on our roads like do the speed limit, use turn signals (and then turn in the direction signalled!)..... The list goes on.  >:D

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #101 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:46 PM
Glad to hear things are looking up Tom. Hopefully things will not be as bad with the nor-easter.

Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Hurricane Sandy
Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 01:33:55 AM
My mom still has no electric. :(

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #103 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:17 AM
That's not such good news Ash. :(  How is her knee holding up?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Hurricane Sandy
Reply #104 on: November 08, 2012, 03:13:14 AM
She's getting around ok. There do have phone service though.

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #105 on: November 19, 2012, 10:00:03 PM
So, a bit late to the party, but better late than never!  I'm having somewhat of an existential crisis in my life currently, and in the search for meaning, I decided driving down to the NYC area and helping the relief effort is a good way to channel myself. I'm leaving later this week, and am aware we have members from the area, and many others are knowledgeable about this sort of this I'm sure, so I ask two things:1, where should I go to help the most (being 17 I am less likely to help do professional jobs so much as moving things, cleaning, general helping, etc, and 2, any suggestions for what I should do, how to do it, what not to forget to bring? Things of that nature? Any help is greatly appreciated

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #106 on: November 20, 2012, 01:18:16 AM
Very good of you!  :tu:  Not too sure about NYC,  but in NJ there is a hotline to call if you want to volunteer your time.  1-800-537-7397 .  The Red Cross would also be a group to get in touch with.  I've helped out some around here, during the power outage I gave a whole bunch of canned food to a local church that had power.  I've also helped a contractor I know whose house was destroyed by a tree pick through and salvage what he could.  :(  Every little bit helps!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%