Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looks: Tank007 E09, Fenix E05, V9, after 1 year+

dks · 3 · 2785

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Looks: Tank007 E09, Fenix E05, V9, after 1 year+
on: December 24, 2012, 04:05:18 PM
These have been used for over a year, dropped several times form heights up to 2m and carried daily in pockets or bags, on keychains.
How did they fare
?

The Fenix and the Tank007 faired very well. The anodising has worn out a bit where there is knurling (the Fenix has more knurling) but the bodies looks pretty good; nearly as new.

Most of the damage to the anodising (the colour) was at the front and the back from being dropped.

Definitely good quality anodising here. I would say the Fenix one is a bit better, taking also into account that the Fenix one has been used for longer.
They both function as good as when new; just as smooth with no damage to their movement or any other part from the dropping.

The Tank007 is usually on 14500 LiIons, apart from when I take it abroad, when I use eneloops

The Fenix eats Alkalines, so it is now on eneloops. :D

The LedLenser has also fared well but its anodising has worn out a bit, though because of its colour it does not look that bad. Still works fine.  :tu:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Looks: Tank007 E09, Fenix E05, V9, after 1 year+
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 05:45:17 PM
LOL, the right topic right when I was observing the anodizing of my Tank TK703 today... I just noticed it had started to wear off, those are tiny, the size of a gray of sand scratches/wears exactly where there's knurling, but it surprised me as the Tank isn't even a month old, I think :think: And I haven't used it severely, it hasn't been on my keychain, it hasn't even been used daily...

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Looks: Tank007 E09, Fenix E05, V9, after 1 year+
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 07:58:24 PM
Yes the knurling's "tips" wear off quickly but it makes the whole torch look nicer..  :D

Incidentally the same happens with the alox SAKs. That is why they look "old" really quickly.

I do not have the 703, but I assume it should be quite robust.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%