Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10819 · 581539

us Offline sparkyv

Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #10770 on: February 26, 2024, 02:34:13 AM
I halved my In-and-Out Double Double with my Super Tinker main blade, and then used the toothpick when I was done.  Good day, but not as good as the range day @HarleyXJGuy had with his SAK.  Nice shootin' there Pard'.  What distance?

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #10771 on: February 27, 2024, 06:45:38 AM
I used the pliers on my Skipper to take apart ties on packaging for some wire ties.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline proletenstahl

Reply #10772 on: February 27, 2024, 06:27:37 PM
I used the blade screwdriver on my Pioneer to pop the hubcap off the wheel of a car with a flat tire AND NO SPARE.
 :facepalm:

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #10773 on: February 28, 2024, 02:16:06 AM
Have to look up the Skipper  :think:
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #10774 on: February 28, 2024, 02:17:16 AM
Have to look up the Skipper  :think:
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #10775 on: February 28, 2024, 05:56:19 PM
Someone on tv found a sak!
JR

* IMG_3387.jpg (Filesize: 94.49 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #10776 on: February 28, 2024, 09:55:37 PM
Someone on tv found a sak!
JR

Bonassera and Messer.
Mac Taylor needs to check that out too...  :D

I remember this episode
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #10777 on: February 28, 2024, 10:28:24 PM
Bonassera and Messer.
Mac Taylor needs to check that out too...  :D

I remember this episode
We’ve watched all law and orders, csi’s and ncis’s(stopped those after they got boring) but csi and csi/ny we watched twice, but I needed something to watch for a few hours in the morning while the Mrs is sleeping so I started watching one of the law and orders and csi/ny again, we started watching cold case again, unfortunately we can’t get without a trace,, speaking of Mac we just watched a movie “Joe bell” about a true story which also had Mark Wahlberg, good movie, real tear jerker, very personal,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #10778 on: February 29, 2024, 02:25:22 PM
We’ve watched all law and orders, csi’s and ncis’s(stopped those after they got boring) but csi and csi/ny we watched twice, but I needed something to watch for a few hours in the morning while the Mrs is sleeping so I started watching one of the law and orders and csi/ny again, we started watching cold case again, unfortunately we can’t get without a trace,, speaking of Mac we just watched a movie “Joe bell” about a true story which also had Mark Wahlberg, good movie, real tear jerker, very personal,,
JR

I really loved CSI NY and Mac, definitely my favorite character. And to think that i used to love Horatio Caine and CSI Miami, thought he was such a bad-ass. I can't stand him today..., such a self-centered and conceded prick... But i guess that's how David Caruso himself is, so...
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

de Offline matzesu

Reply #10779 on: March 01, 2024, 07:15:42 PM
Did use the scissors of my Cybertool L to cut the package Bands of some bee hives whe got today in our beeceeper shop..
it’s now a few weeks after I swapped the scales,  I did though back then they got scratched quite fast but actually I don’t know if this is really scratched..
it’s looks like the plastic got a bit mate?

Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #10780 on: March 01, 2024, 07:38:24 PM
I saw your photos.  Scuff marks, I would call them.  Just a series of hundreds of tiny scratches.  Buy a little tube of Flitz, or some polish for auto headlights.  The dull places will come out in seconds.  If you don't want to buy anything, try using toothpaste, but I think a lot depends on the brand of toothpaste you use.   Best wishes.  G
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 07:45:56 PM by IMR4198 »

de Offline matzesu

Reply #10781 on: March 01, 2024, 07:44:48 PM
Nah they are profs of using now, I’m happy to have an Blue Cybertool even whit these Beauty issues..

They might come back anyway..

But I could try to polish them a bit whit toothpasta maybe..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10782 on: March 01, 2024, 08:52:03 PM
Farmer to open packages at work
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline sparkyv

Reply #10783 on: March 03, 2024, 02:53:56 PM
Super Tinker main blade to break down some boxes, open a few packages and scissors to cut through a zip tie to unwind an electrical cord.  Very handy.

us Offline psyjohn

Reply #10784 on: March 03, 2024, 05:45:22 PM
This is probably a new one. I used the 2D philips driver on my Pioneer to tighten the feet on my penguin ice cream scoop.

* 20240301_175505.jpg (Filesize: 147.43 KB)

* 20240301_175653.jpg (Filesize: 107.6 KB)

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #10785 on: March 04, 2024, 03:11:48 PM
Used my Classic SD to file some fingernails.  It was a debate whether to use the Classic or the Sportsman.  Classic won the toss today. 

IMG_3452.jpg
* IMG_3452.jpg (Filesize: 390.14 KB)

Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #10786 on: March 09, 2024, 10:01:56 PM
Scissors on my Super Tinker to cut some things. Blade on my Skipper to cut apart some leftover food containers and the shackle opener/marlin spike on my Skipper to open up a large package.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #10787 on: March 10, 2024, 12:36:11 AM
SAKs are technically multitools and Spirit is technically a SAK, so…
wife decided to renovate our dining room chairs. Spirit Phillips and a ratchet set were used extensively to disassemble the chairs and to reassemble them back after my missis equipped them with a new covering cloth.

But before that staples had to be removed using a special tool and then the remains were easily pulled out using pliers.

Also the pliers came in handy when the cheapo stapler broke to put a washer in place and tighten it up

The success was later celebrated by lifting the caps on two bottles of beer, but that was not photographed
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #10788 on: March 11, 2024, 08:42:33 AM
Great work, in_sympathy!  :like: :like: :cheers:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #10789 on: March 14, 2024, 06:48:36 PM
   I needed a SAK to aid with positioning a trail camera.  You have to station these things so there aren't any small branches or leaves in front of them.  Otherwise, when the breeze moves the leaves, the camera senses the movement and takes a shot.  Of a moving leaf.  Often you have to clear out a few things.  That is what I used my GAK and a saw for.  Easy and fast.  Might get some deer pix.  Who knows?  Best wishes.  G
 :D

PXL_20240314_173116057.jpg
* PXL_20240314_173116057.jpg (Filesize: 207.61 KB)

de Offline matzesu

Reply #10790 on: March 23, 2024, 07:37:00 PM
I have lots of tools in this Cybertool L but might be the scissors are the most used tools..
had to decalc again our Coffee Machine and the last pack of this stuff was delivered in these plastic ampules ..

Offline MrToolJunkie

Reply #10791 on: March 24, 2024, 05:31:19 AM
I di like the Cybertool variants.  :like:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #10792 on: March 24, 2024, 06:22:55 AM
I used the marlin spike on my Skipper to open up some plastic wrapping on an item.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #10793 on: March 24, 2024, 06:27:26 PM
I di like the Cybertool variants.  :like:
Someone said the Cybertools are the better Swisschamp if you don’t need the magnifier glass..

Offline MrToolJunkie

Reply #10794 on: March 25, 2024, 06:38:07 PM
I used the marlin spike on my Skipper to open up some plastic wrapping on an item.

Awesome! I just picked up this version of tool myself! So far it I like it. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #10795 on: April 03, 2024, 07:24:24 PM
I wanted a dual poop bag holder yet couldn’t find one online except for a 3D print, so I :think: and figured why not put the Sak to use and make something out of the holders that they give you for free when ordering the bags,  :dunno: I just figured it sucks having to refill the holder after just taking one of the dogs out just to take the other out, now I can just use the other and reload the one that ran out when all done?
Anyway, I used the awl and made four holes in each holder and then zip tied them back to back,,
JR

* IMG_3780.jpg (Filesize: 122.17 KB)

de Offline matzesu

Reply #10796 on: April 05, 2024, 03:20:09 PM
Quite Basic Stuff today: used the Small Blade to cut the gluetape from some cardboard boxes at work to make them small for the Cardboard Recycle Bin, and used the Scissors to cut some Packing Band from some Beehives on our shop..
Also used the Needle i did borrow from my Swisschamp to clean the charging Port of my Iphone, its still Apple Lightning, so i hope USBC will be much less proplematic on this part but as long as i have this 5 Years OLD Phone i will have to fight these fuzzles ..
its still not perfekt, i have to wiggle on the USBC ot Lightning Adapter to get it to charge but there where allready Tons of Fuzzles ..
Sadly the Huntsman dosnt have that many layers, so  :climber: might be not that interessting but the Tools are allready enough for my tasks..

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #10797 on: April 05, 2024, 11:15:10 PM
The dentist used some dissolving sutures when he pulled a couple teeth the first of the week.  They're starting to come out already and we're kinda irritating to feel so I simply cut them back with the scissors on my MiniChamp.

No pictures, but I didn't cut me.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #10798 on: April 08, 2024, 05:28:59 AM
Mrs TJ used the scissors on my Super Tinker to cut various items, awl on Super Tinker to break down boxes, main blade on Skipper to cut apart a package of sausages for lunch, bottle opener on Super Tinker to open a bottle of beer for dinner and pliers on Spirit to the metal parts off the back of a frame.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #10799 on: April 08, 2024, 06:06:37 PM
   MiniChamp opening a pack.  Used the cut-n-picker or cotton picker, whatever it is.  I thought I had poked a hole in my thumb with the treacherous tool, but didn't see any blood.  Best wishes.  G
 ;)
PXL_20240408_155049473.jpg
* PXL_20240408_155049473.jpg (Filesize: 133.71 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%