Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today?

colt 1911 · 10795 · 568334

se Offline Northern Geek

Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 08:34:42 AM
Used my Handyman and my SwissTool to do some work on a friend's computer last night. They saved the day. 8)

Offline Espen

Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:56 AM
I adjusted the rear sight on my ruger.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:37 PM
I used the scissors on the Compact to trim a few stray whiskers, and the combo tool for a little light prying to pop open the filter housing on the coffeemaker here at work. 
K-Tibbs

nl Offline Wootz

Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 05:30:15 PM
This morning I was driving on the highway when the exhaust fell off....oops!
Fixed it again with a piece of metal wire, so I could get to a petrol station.
Didn't even bother to take out the tool kit from the trunk, but reached for my Farmer-with-pliers to save the day.  :)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #124 on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:48 AM
Used the knife and scissors on the Compact to cut various tags and plastic ties on items we received at a surprise baby shower put together for my wife and I at work. 
K-Tibbs

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #125 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:21 PM
I just used the cut & picker blade to open a plastic package. It is THE tool for the job (with the pruner at second place). I took the idea from here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Axd9ACLHhgE&feature=related

+1 :tu:
I have used it to many plastic packages and it works perfect!

Offline k12cop

Reply #126 on: January 26, 2013, 04:09:28 PM
My border collie was lying on the floor incessantly barking at something under the couch...it was her tennis ball. Try as I might, I couldn't quite reach it. As I felt the headache coming on from all the barking, I pulled out my SAK, extended the woodsaw, and was able to retrieve said tennis ball and save my head.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #127 on: January 26, 2013, 05:20:27 PM
I used my Spartan's blade for the same reason, to reach a document under a heavy library in the office.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #128 on: January 26, 2013, 05:26:26 PM
Today I tried my fishhook disgorger's tip on this strange screw from an Engraver. It fits perfectly in case I should ever disassemble it.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #129 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:36 PM
I almost forgot! I also used my Minichamp's cuticle pusher as a scraper to remove the black paint from my electronic cigarette's battery. It is over a year old and full of scratches. Now it has a nice genuine chrome metal color. I did the same two months ago to another battery with the bottle opener's screwdriver but I felt using that tool that us still questing the reason of its very existence. It worked perfectly, removing the paint without scratching the surface of the metal and now it is promoted to "Gentle Scraper with Oak Leaves".

tw Offline KTesh

• We4ishe2me pu3to1nghua4 bi3 yi1ngyu3 ge4ng na2n?
Helped a Tree...
Reply #130 on: January 28, 2013, 06:08:36 AM
Cut off the ends of a severed plastic tie-down (about 4"/side) that someone had wrapped a young tree with (to support it after being freshly planted).  The tie-down was overgrown, and is permanently incorporated into the branch of a tree.  With the extra removed, it should be able to heal over the tie-down in a few years.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: January 28, 2013, 08:38:18 AM
Used my Compact today to clean off the brush-roller of our vacuum before vacuuming the living room carpet.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #132 on: January 28, 2013, 11:08:22 AM
I just opened a can of beans with my Elinox Pioneer.   

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #133 on: January 28, 2013, 05:43:24 PM
My wife asked for scissors this morning, so I handed her the Explorer to use.  Not sure what she needed them for though as I was busy at the time. 
K-Tibbs

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #134 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:46 PM
I fixed the fax (and faxed). I used Posidrive 1 with my XLTs Cybertool after I found my Spartan's can opener's driver incapable to unscrew some screws. The space was cramped for the short plain Philips and I couldn't rotate the huge XLT inside, but the long Cybertool stem was perfect for the job. A screw fell inside a tight space and I fished it with my magnetised fish scaler. Then I bragged about my XLT to my colleagues, once more!
I magnetised the fishscaler on Saturday with a powerfull pair of magnets I use as a counterweight for my 12" Dobsonian telescope. I got the idea from the SAK Handbook by Mr Young. I couldn't imagine I was going to use it so soon!
I also put 2 long needles (one sharp, one fat) under the Saw and Fishscaler space. I aslo magnetised them to stay in place. I intend to use them as needles (regular and sacking), as cleaning aids for the SAK itself and as a "marlinspike" (I allready used one to untie a stuborn knot).
One can put a regular needle under the hook also. I decided that the long and thin needle will do for me, but you can do it for SAKs without Saw and/or Fishscaler tools.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

Reply #135 on: January 29, 2013, 01:15:24 PM
I used my kitchen Victorinox Waiter to cut a plastic bottle of milk, because the seal was broken in half before i manage to open the lid.

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: January 30, 2013, 12:24:44 AM
Used the blade of my Compact to open the clamshell pack for a tube of Abreva.  Came down with a cold sore yesterday, and I'd rather not endure the two weeks it'll take to completely go away.   :ahhh
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

ca Offline KDX

Reply #137 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
I used the scissors on my Deluxe Tinker to open a package that contained a Spirit.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #138 on: January 30, 2013, 02:14:25 PM
Completely disassembled and reassembled the door lock of the outer aluminium and glass door of our treatment unit. I used the Cybertool with Philips and straight drivers, the normal Philips driver and pliers (a normal plier wouldn't fit, only a needle nose or a SAKs pliers) with some prying.
I also used the Minichamp's hook for clamshell boxes but that is routine now and I wan't mention it again.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

Reply #139 on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:04 PM
I use my Midnite Manager to screw a door knob back to place.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #140 on: February 04, 2013, 01:46:23 AM
Now I see where the big cats hang out at.  :D

Yesterday:
  Opened a can of stir fry veggies for dinner. Debated on the can openers to use, but decided to use the Charge TTi's as was missing the American version of can openers. The can must of been some cheap smurfin' metal as the Leatherman can opener left spurs of metal all around the outer edge. So as I was rotating the can I ended up being pierced with three pieces of metal.

Found two, pulled them out with the tweezers from my Climber. The third was too small to see, so needed a magnifying class to find the bugger. Got it out. Never underestimate a great pair of Swiss tweezers.

Got to play with an official Vic pin, and the pen too. They came in the mail.

Am finding myself grabbing my Climber more and more. Next time a can needs opened am grabbing the Climber for its Swiss'pawed can opener.

Today:
  Aunt brings over a couple of bags of apples & oranges to share with us. BIG delicious smelling oranges, and they were like super cold too. As am carrying them in I swiped one.  :angel:

Thanks to the Vic SAK tool springs I barely have any thumb nails left to use. Rather than cut the orange up and make a bigger mess, decided to instead peel its cold hard skin .... with .... the Bottle Popper!

That odd looking orange peeler on some former SAK gave me that idea - initially. And... it works great!
  Now if I can get my thumb nails to grow back and become stronger, thicker, better...  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Southern Dad

Reply #141 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:36 AM
I had to plug a leaky car tire today with one of those rubber plug kits. The culprit was a small nail in the tire tread. I was racing against the daylight and having real difficulty enlarging the hole to insert the plug using the included round file (those steel belts are tough), but the awl on my Vic Pioneer was a huge help and I finally got the tire plugged.  :tu:

gr Offline MARIOS7319

Reply #142 on: February 04, 2013, 07:20:57 AM
I use my Wenger Watchmaker SAK to change a battery to a watch.
Perfect work without any scratches to the back bezel.

• No Life Club
Reply #143 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:57 AM
Used the blade on my Executive to open the mailing envelope my new Evo 88 came in today.  :D

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #144 on: February 05, 2013, 05:50:23 AM
Used my Super Tinker to open up two new packages today.  One package contained two new Wenger SI's and one contained two new Soldiers, one copper and one orange!  :drool:

Reply #145 on: February 05, 2013, 05:52:16 AM
Used my Climber to open a package from Lowtech of Germany. Which contained some much needed watch parts, and used Spartan.  :D

And used the Spartan's small blade to help scrape some of the red substance off of a tough tagua nut piece. Not sure how to get that red material off. Trying white vinegar but doesn't seem to be working.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Online powernoodle

Reply #146 on: February 05, 2013, 12:28:15 PM
I'm not going to ask how you took this pic without using your hands.

(Image removed from quote.)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #147 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:20 PM
I used the Cybertool for the first time on the D- Subminiature connector of a video projector. It works as a charm and both ways! A screw was stuck on the male cable and it's male threaded part fits inside the Cybertool's stem. So I unscrewed it and screwed it back in place where there wasn't much space left for fingers. Although we had such a tool for 10 years now it is the first time I used it as such and not struggle foolishly with my big and clumsy hands.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:35:01 PM by kkokkolis »

se Offline Northern Geek

Reply #148 on: February 05, 2013, 01:03:24 PM
My OHO Forester helped with some cooking the other day, sliced up some tomatoes real nice and prepped some breakfast the morning after.

Haven't had the need for any of them yet today though.

Reply #149 on: February 07, 2013, 07:49:32 AM
  Using the Climber's main blade I cut up some fresh yellow onions, peeled and sliced some small potatoes, and opened a can of Glory Olde Fashioned Blackeyed Peas. Fried the taters and onions with some light canola oil, and heated up the blackeyed peas. Grabbed some bread, and walla! Dinner is served.

Stared at my transparent blue scales and wondering if my wood scale project is going to be overly complicated.

Also wondered why there was never a multitool with an angle/inclination meter on them. Even the clear scales could have a simple metal needle hanging inside from a pivot point, with the common degree markings on the scale.
  Victorinox Swiss Developers aren't that imaginative I guess.  :rant:
DSC02092.JPG
* DSC02092.JPG (Filesize: 291.64 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%