Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you use your Sak on today? 431705

No Life Club Posts: 2,864
Re: What did you use your Sak on today?
« Reply #9420 on: July 17, 2021, 05:07:18 AM »
Yes they do Tony, surprisingly well for something so small. Best to watch the video on their site for the technique as it’d be easy to break.

The Firefly shown I’ve found better than the Fireant which fits in the corkscrew but the Fireant comes with tinder that also works well. It does work I should add but a bit fiddly.

You can get the tinder separately on the Tortoise Gear website so would recommend Firefly plus tinder and then you get to keep the mini driver, although do lose the toothpick, so suppose depends which is more important to you

:cheers:

damn skippy.  I'll send you all my toothpicks.
No Life Club Posts: 3,630
« Reply #9421 on: July 17, 2021, 05:11:57 AM »
damn skippy.  I'll send you all my toothpicks.
Poms! Would prefer the mini drivers please EB
No Life Club Posts: 4,313 join The American Legion Family - since 1919
« Reply #9422 on: July 17, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »
Poms! Would prefer the mini drivers please EB
Thanks EB, yes, I keep the md, tp to the side, at least on the one I may use in the outdoors... :tu:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
No Life Club Posts: 2,864
« Reply #9423 on: July 17, 2021, 01:00:12 PM »
If I find I need a toothpick I can just pull my teeth out with a Swisstool Spirit.

:multi:

:whistle:
No Life Club Posts: 3,630
« Reply #9424 on: July 17, 2021, 01:07:37 PM »
:rofl:
« Reply #9425 on: July 17, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »
If I find I need a toothpick I can just pull my teeth out with a Swisstool Spirit.

:multi:    :rofl:

:whistle:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
No Life Club Posts: 1,147
« Reply #9426 on: July 18, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
Yes! SAKs are perfect for musicians. What could possibly need fixing 10 minutes before a gig .... :whistle:
Couldn’t agree more

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
No Life Club Posts: 1,147
« Reply #9427 on: July 18, 2021, 02:36:36 PM »
After yesterday‘s air conditioner installation the vacuum cleaner, responsible for the collection of seemingly infinite brick and concrete dust, really needed a well deserved spa treatment today.

Work champ helped to get it done

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.
Sr. Member Posts: 444
« Reply #9428 on: July 18, 2021, 11:56:42 PM »
CyberTool 34 took the scope and mounts off using the Torx bit and installed aperture iron sights with the slotted screwdrivers to the .22LR rifle .  :salute:

The micro-screwdriver removed a retaining screw for the firing pin on the bolt as well.

Also used the main blade to cut and remove a mangled portion of plastic eavestrough extension that always found itself in front of the garage.  :whistle:

« Reply #9429 on: July 29, 2021, 02:18:30 AM »
Ranger got some new silvertech scales... wasn't sure if I'd like them but they look pretty good.

Put it to work on removing a tree growing right against the foundation.  :salute: I could probably have cut through it with the knife easily enough but wanted to leave a clean stump. Going to save part of the wood to use for something.

picture share
Hero Member Posts: 578
« Reply #9430 on: July 29, 2021, 02:22:44 AM »
Ok, this was yesterday. I forgot to post.

Used the pliers on my Deluxe Explorer mod to hold little tacks so I could hammer them (and not my fingers) into dowel ends.

All tacks in. All fingers unscathed. Success!

Current SAKs:
Champion "c", Bijou (3), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (3), Explorer (2), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Delemont Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Wenger Traveler, Marlboro Unlimited Outdoorsman, Alox Classic SD, Spartan, Champion "a"
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,788
« Reply #9431 on: July 29, 2021, 03:45:30 PM »
Trimmed the rough end from some replacement hose for the vacuum advance on my Discovery 1  :tu:

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
Sr. Member Posts: 395
« Reply #9432 on: August 05, 2021, 08:11:16 PM »
This is one of the best tools to remove tools from a cardboard box. For this reason (and it's light weight), a single layer Waiter has been a favorite EDC for work days lately. Because I have no use for the corkscrew and I was wanting to add the toothpick and tweezers anyways,,, , there is a Bantam on its way right now.

Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__
« Reply #9433 on: August 11, 2021, 12:19:16 AM »
The Bantam skinned out this here cucumber with ease.

Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__
« Reply #9434 on: August 13, 2021, 05:09:32 AM »
The Teton helped with a simple home repair task this afternoon

« Reply #9435 on: August 13, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »
Only a cork with the Champ.
It's Friday  :drink:

join KNIFE RIGHTS
Sr. Member Posts: 278
« Reply #9436 on: August 16, 2021, 06:44:29 PM »
Walked out of the shop without my pen and didn't realize it until I got to the lab. Thankfully I attached my MiniChamp to my ID lanyard last week. The pen on the MC saved me (again!) from having to walk back  to the shop.

Semper Fortis
Sr. Member Posts: 278
« Reply #9437 on: August 16, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
The MiniChamp saved me this morning and the Explorer saved me this afternoon. Found myself without my glasses, trying to read tiny serial numbers for equipment. The magnifying glass made short work of all those tiny characters.

Semper Fortis
No Life Club Posts: 2,544 I Tool Therefore I Am
« Reply #9438 on: August 17, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
I just got my Spirit and used it to fix the loose screw on our frying pan. The long necked screwdriver is such a joy to use

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,960 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #9439 on: August 17, 2021, 06:36:38 PM »
The MiniChamp saved me this morning and the Explorer saved me this afternoon. Found myself without my glasses, trying to read tiny serial numbers for equipment. The magnifying glass made short work of all those tiny characters.

I don't think that's what happened...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,818
« Reply #9440 on: August 17, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
I just got my Spirit and used it to fix the loose screw on our frying pan. The long necked screwdriver is such a joy to use

(Image removed from quote.)

:iagree: You can also use the Spirit's screwdriver while one of the handles is still deployed, making the tool long and slim  :tu:
« Reply #9441 on: August 18, 2021, 12:07:21 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice use!  :like:

« Reply #9442 on: August 18, 2021, 12:16:15 AM »
After re-profiling the broken tip and a full cleaning/servicing, I carried my "new to me" Old Cross Electrician today. Not much call for a knife today, but I did get around to replacing the tip on a Shimano rod. I think I'm gonna like this SAK.

Hero Member Posts: 578
« Reply #9443 on: August 18, 2021, 12:37:25 AM »
After re-profiling the broken tip and a full cleaning/servicing, I carried my "new to me" Old Cross Electrician today. Not much call for a knife today, but I did get around to replacing the tip on a Shimano rod. I think I'm gonna like this SAK.
It's great that you're giving that SAK a second life.
 :like:

Current SAKs:
Champion "c", Bijou (3), Classic SD (5), Cavalier, Mini Champ (2nd gen.) Plus (mod), Swiss Champ (3), Explorer (2), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Pioneer Alox, Bantam, Delemont Evolution S557, Wenger Serrated Commander, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Executive, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Wenger Traveler, Marlboro Unlimited Outdoorsman, Alox Classic SD, Spartan, Champion "a"
« Reply #9444 on: August 18, 2021, 02:39:01 AM »
:iagree: You can also use the Spirit's screwdriver while one of the handles is still deployed, making the tool long and slim  :tu:
Oh, wow! Twice more useful and it feels centered. Thanks for this tip!

« Reply #9445 on: August 18, 2021, 02:40:35 AM »
That's a beauty you have there

Sr. Member Posts: 259
« Reply #9446 on: August 18, 2021, 02:45:54 AM »
Awesome uses FOLKS!

:climber:

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Use what you have to get what you want.
Newbie Posts: 42
« Reply #9447 on: August 18, 2021, 03:57:04 AM »
Not today, but the other day. I used the file on my Spirit to reshape a MCPCB and the chisel to create new solder pad terminals closer to the centre of the board.
« Reply #9448 on: August 18, 2021, 03:59:40 AM »
Deluxe Tinker helped me fully restore a small guitar and change the strings on a normal acoustic. The small pliers are perfect for the fine tasks of feeding and pulling strings, as well as cutting them.  :salute:

Edit: Wrong model  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 06:45:44 AM by Altis »
« Reply #9449 on: August 18, 2021, 04:39:45 AM »
It's great that you're giving that SAK a second life.
 :like:

That's a beauty you have there

Thank you both!!  :hatsoff:

Deluxe Explorer helped me fully restore a small guitar and change the strings on a normal acoustic. The small pliers are perfect for the fine tasks of feeding and pulling strings, as well as cutting them.  :salute:

Any use on a git-fiddle is a good use!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $124.10
PayPal Fees: $7.29
Net Balance: $116.81
Below Goal: $183.19
Site Currency: USD
39%