Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2 In 1 Expandable Backpack?? Do They Exist?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
2 In 1 Expandable Backpack?? Do They Exist?
on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:21 PM
 OK everyone, does anyone know of any backpack that expands in overall size and just not outward? I found a bag that turns from a butt-pack into a backpack, but im not really one for fanny packs,
http://www.amazon.com/Versatile-2-in-1-Expandable-Waist-Backpack/dp/B008SHWUN2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=11K3C1W0S6O81&coliid=I1TLW7W9RYD7XY
and of course theres the Merlin from maxpedition, but you cant really use it or wear it before you open it,
http://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-MERLIN-Folding-Backpack-0454K/dp/B0062YCZOM
Do they make a such, that you can wear as a "small" backpack and store your EDC stuff, and then when needed open up kinda like the Merlin to store more stuff like in a full size backpack? Maybe if it is oh say (8" wide, by 10" tall by 4" deep), and then it unfolds to (12" wide by 18" tall  by 4-8" deep) or so? I originally wanted to start carrying a backpack for EDC, but i kinda got carried away, so i made it into my B.O.B. So I still didnt solve my problem, i carry my EDC stuff, in a (Proteus) but would like something in a backpack form, but i dont need anything big, yet at the same time would like something i can open up to put anything i pickup in while shopping. Any ideas? JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Re: 2 In 1 Expandable Backpack?? Do They Exist?
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:00:42 AM
I found something really close to what I'm after, here it is, the only thing that I would change is the size of it when closed so I could store a little more, and some type of way I could sling it over the shoulder to carry it, I'm sure I could make something.. Of course a cheaper price! But other then that, that's just about it. Kinda reminds me of a pop up trailer nice and small holding minimal while towing, then pockets push out to hold what was in while towing, and the main part pops up to give main storage! JR
http://specopstech.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=146_161_248&products_id=1892&page=1
http://www.specialforces.com/field-survival-gear/field-packs-gear/expanding-sere-medical-pack
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:02:45 AM by MadPlumbarian »
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 08:05:53 PM
I've seen some travel , and expedition packs , where the main front pocket zips off and becomes a daypack . Can't recall the makes off the top of my head .

Chris

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:31:12 PM
I've seen some travel , and expedition packs , where the main front pocket zips off and becomes a daypack . Can't recall the makes off the top of my head .

Chris
i finally found one, and as a bonus the main compartment expands, just what I was after. JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%