Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What are you reading?

enki_ck · 321 · 18229

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: What are you reading?
Reply #270 on: January 05, 2017, 02:10:07 PM
Currently reading MTO.org...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #271 on: January 05, 2017, 02:20:31 PM
The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success: How to use your inner psychopath to get the most out of life by Kevin Dutton & Andy McNab

A very interesting read :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #272 on: January 05, 2017, 03:00:50 PM
Currently reading MTO.org...
Huh. Me too.
Nate

SEND IT!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #273 on: January 05, 2017, 03:59:52 PM
Still reading MTO.org.....

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #274 on: January 05, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
Do you want to know what happens at the end?  >:D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #275 on: January 05, 2017, 04:07:28 PM
Don't tell him. He might stop reading it.
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #276 on: January 05, 2017, 04:11:08 PM
Especially when he finds out what happens to him.......

I would say, but I have promised not to meddle with the timelines any more.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #277 on: January 05, 2017, 04:13:44 PM
Especially when he finds out what happens to him.......

I would say, but I have promised not to meddle with the timelines any more.
True. But you can go back change it to where you don't promise.
Nate

SEND IT!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #278 on: January 05, 2017, 04:16:43 PM
I think at the end Taylor tools buys MTO....

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #279 on: January 05, 2017, 04:17:34 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #280 on: January 05, 2017, 04:23:30 PM
And Grant retires to Barbados with naught but a towel, a thong and a margerita.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #281 on: January 09, 2017, 08:31:58 PM
Like I said the Mrs got me the next two books in the series, well I got the one but the other still hasn't arrived, yet I did pick another series(Bourne)for when I finish the die hard one. Yeah their used but their books and three for $11?

Oh and I got my bookmark, as in the pic before all it had was a little piece of silk, I was like eww, so I said I gotta come up with something better then that, so I took a small piece of unique black/red paracord, looped it through the bookmark, tied I think a diamond knot, and then frayed the end to look fancy, and I also took a pic of the film that's at the top so you could see,,
JR
IMG_5761.PNG
* IMG_5761.PNG (Filesize: 242.06 KB)
IMG_5762.PNG
* IMG_5762.PNG (Filesize: 210.3 KB)
IMG_5763.PNG
* IMG_5763.PNG (Filesize: 363.18 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #282 on: January 09, 2017, 09:22:34 PM
Like I said the Mrs got me the next two books in the series, well I got the one but the other still hasn't arrived, yet I did pick another series(Bourne)for when I finish the die hard one. Yeah their used but their books and three for $11?

Oh and I got my bookmark, as in the pic before all it had was a little piece of silk, I was like eww, so I said I gotta come up with something better then that, so I took a small piece of unique black/red paracord, looped it through the bookmark, tied I think a diamond knot, and then frayed the end to look fancy, and I also took a pic of the film that's at the top so you could see,,
JR

The Bourne series (at least the Ludlum trilogy, I can't speak for Lustbader's continuations) is amongst the best books I have read in the genre. As for used books, that's the way to buy books! Me and my girlfriend are picking up loads of really nice hardcover editions for 2-3 $ a piece. A lot of them are never even opened!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #283 on: January 09, 2017, 09:58:53 PM
This at the moment  :salute:
2017-01-03 13.20.34.jpg
* 2017-01-03 13.20.34.jpg (Filesize: 122.59 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #284 on: January 09, 2017, 10:41:23 PM
Last week read a large part of the prose Edda. Translated from the Icelandic into fairly modern Dutch.
DSC03729-rainforest-walk.jpg
* DSC03729-rainforest-walk.jpg (Filesize: 247.84 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #285 on: January 10, 2017, 12:00:50 AM

JR

The Bourne series (at least the Ludlum trilogy, I can't speak for Lustbader's continuations) is amongst the best books I have read in the genre. As for used books, that's the way to buy books! Me and my girlfriend are picking up loads of really nice hardcover editions for 2-3 $ a piece. A lot of them are never even opened!
Well I got two other books before I get to the Bourne series, idk how his continuation is, it's going to be a while before I get to them, heck the first three are like 500-700 pages! And like I said I'm not a big reader, so it's going to be a while, and if I get interested in Bourne, even after the first three there's another what ten? We're talking well over a year for me, my wife on the other hand would have that taken care of in a month..
  After that collection idk what to look into, bond, Indiana jones, something of action?
As for used, yeah it doesn't bother me, that 58 one is a little old but still no prob, that other one is like new! And if I got into the Bourne series and had to get another 12 books your talking like $36-40, if bought brand new that's like the three books..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #286 on: January 10, 2017, 05:38:35 AM
Just finished "The Vanquished', by Robert Gerwarth. Its a study of how, for most of eastern Europe, World War 1 didn't end in 1918. Instead there was an ongoing series of civil wars and border wars that continued up into the early 1920s. For many Europeans this is probably old news. However here in the US, except for the Russian Revolution, very little of this is ever mentioned. A very interesting book.

https://www.amazon.com/Vanquished-Why-First-World-Failed/dp/0374282455/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484022690&sr=1-1&keywords=vanquished

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #287 on: January 10, 2017, 09:26:03 PM
The Polaroid Book. Not much reading but a great book.
I'm the milk man!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #288 on: January 10, 2017, 11:47:49 PM
This at the moment  :salute:

That sir gets a  :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #289 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:29 PM
Hunting Hitler's Nukes: The Secret Race to Stop the Nazi Bomb By Damien Lewis.

It's a different perspective on the 'Heroes of Telemark' from the one presented by Ray Mears. I don't mean that in a bad way, Mears book focuses the survival, where as Lewis's is more about the politics and tactics.

I think reading both would be worth while  :salute:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #290 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:32 AM
Merrick - by Anne Rice, the 7th Book in the Vampire Chronicles.

The 1st of the series is the book the tom cruise/brad pitt movie interview with a vampire was based on.

wales Offline caninesapien

Reply #291 on: January 11, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
I just finished reading I Am Legend, what a great read. Not bothered about seeing the movie but I'll definitely check out more RIchard Matheson stories now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for particularly scary horror/sci-fi novels to read when camping? I have a couple of ideas but when I get outdoors on my own next, I want to read something really terrifying! I was thinking of Oh, Whistle and I'll Come To You... by M.R. James, but wondered if any other members have any recommendations?

Thanks

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #292 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:07 PM
I just finished reading I Am Legend, what a great read. Not bothered about seeing the movie but I'll definitely check out more RIchard Matheson stories now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for particularly scary horror/sci-fi novels to read when camping? I have a couple of ideas but when I get outdoors on my own next, I want to read something really terrifying! I was thinking of Oh, Whistle and I'll Come To You... by M.R. James, but wondered if any other members have any recommendations?

Thanks
The Mrs says "It" by Steven king, let alone anything else by him..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #293 on: January 11, 2017, 09:30:39 PM
The last of the three books to the series that I'm reading came in..
JR
IMG_5782.PNG
* IMG_5782.PNG (Filesize: 235.65 KB)

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #294 on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:44 PM
I sat down with The Old Man and the Sea, last night and ended up finishing it way to late (early) in the morning.

I'm also reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra at the moment. My girlfriend got me to join her in a 2017 reading challenge where we have 35 categories that we aim at checking of during the year. There are a couple of them around but after she did it last year she figured that most of them had lots of boring (highschool drama anyone?) or unreasonable (a book that made you cry, good luck predicting that) categories to tick off so we made our own.

It's a nice way to force yourself to read stuff that you might not have read otherwise. For example, we decided to include reading a book from, Africa, Asia and South America to make sure we didn't only read European our American authors since that is all to easy.

ph Offline Semajmarx007

• Deus Ex Machina
Reply #295 on: January 12, 2017, 07:44:40 AM
Currently reading Jordan Ellenberg's How Not to be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking.

book.JPG
* book.JPG (Filesize: 49.46 KB)
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #296 on: January 12, 2017, 09:59:06 PM
Currently reading Jordan Ellenberg's How Not to be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking.
Very nice. I was a mathematician in a former life but wasn't aware of this book. I looked it up on Wikipedia which aroused my interest even more. I searched for a pdf copy on the web -- and found one.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:12:39 PM by Ronald Schröder »

de Offline matzesu

Reply #297 on: January 12, 2017, 10:12:07 PM
Im still on "Mister Mercedes " from Stephen King
I wrote it twoo times in the past, but as I got "Mind Control " some months ago, I decided to read it again, ,
Then I want to read "finders keeper " and then the last book of this trilogy about Bill Hodges ..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #298 on: January 13, 2017, 03:33:49 AM
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

I read it, at a minimum, every four years.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #299 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:50 PM
Blood and Gold - Anne Rice - 8th book in the vampire chronicles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99