Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger evo 18

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Wenger evo 18
on: January 02, 2013, 12:28:09 AM
4 layer edc, what do you guys think ? Too bulky ?
CHEERS

us Offline getahl

Re: Wenger evo 18
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:35:20 AM
For EDC purposes, a four-layered Vic is too thick for my tastes. A four-layered Wenger carries very well. I have the red version, and like it very much. Kind of wish the nail file had a 2D Phillips tip, or maybe a secondary pen or clip blade. That...would be quite alright.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:36:04 AM
The 17 (I prefer the corkscrew over the phillips) was my EDC for 12 years and still is one of my favorite tool setups on a sak. I prefer the classic scales though. It's a great tool. :tu:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:42:27 AM
I've carried one with no bother. It depends where and how you carry it I suppose :)
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:52:09 AM
I carried the 18 plenty of times with no problems at all.  I've actually downsized a bit to the 16 because I really have no need for the saw, and if I do, there's usually my Mp600 in my bag.  The 16 has become my favorite SAK for EDC by a fair margin. 

Kind of wish the nail file had a 2D Phillips tip,

Do what I and a number of others here have done - take a file to the end of the nail file.  Works well for me.  :tu:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:53:45 AM by jerseydevil »
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Donald

Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:24 AM
I have carried the Evo S17 many times. I like the lock on the blade, as designated by the S, and like carrying a mini-screwdriver in the corkscrew.

de Offline crackout

Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:09 PM
I've been edcing a S18 for about a year and I never found it to be too bulky (I carry SAKs in the fifth pocket).
I changed to a Cadet because of the scissors. I don't like then. Even after a year of use I didn't find myself in a situation where the serrated blades were really necessary.
Say my name.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:34 PM
I've been ore than happy with the Evo18 as an EDC ,but like JD,I tend more to the Evo 16,as I seldom need a saw
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:13:08 AM
Historically I've carried a Victorinox Huntsman, partly because I like keeping the eyeglass screwdriver in the corkscrew. However, when I was fiddling with a Wenger s18 (Scouts Canada edition) I'd picked up, I found that with a tiny bit of thinning the end of the nail file fits glasses screws just fine. This leaves the backside screwdriver to cover for the missing slot/Phillips driver I'm used to having on my Victorinox can opener tools.

As odd as it may seem, I just don't feel comfortable unless I have scissors and a saw in my pocket. It must be a by-product of growing up in the woods. The Evo s18 is working great for me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%