Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Dream SAK: The Student

tr Offline TurkTeen

• Meet The Youngster: 13 Years Old and SAK Collector
My Dream SAK: The Student
on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:02 PM
My dream SAK: The Student(Victorinox of course.)

I miss my Midnite Manager when I am at school-if I get caught with it at school, I'll be expelled, therefore I leave it at home. That's why this SAK is designed:To bring it anywhere, to be used by anyone.

No blades included! Should be TSA-proof.

83 mm model.

Scale Types:Red Cellidor, Blue Cellidor, StayGlow(glows in the dark), SilverTech, Classic Red.
NOTE: An Alox version should be available as well-Victorinox needs some bladeless models.

Main Layers:
-Scissors
-Cap lifter with flat screwdriver (sharing layer with can opener)
-Can opener
-LED (sharing layer with shortened Phillips screwdriver) (maybe a Lite version only, but I am not sure.)
-Shortened Phillips screwdriver
-Nail file

Back Layers:
-Multi-purpose hook
-Corkscrew with mini screwdriver (the pin may keep it from being TSA-proof and/or allowed in school. So yeah, no pin.)

Scale:
-Digital watch(no barometer, etc.)
-Tweezers
-Toothpick
-Ballpoint pen
-Keychain

What is your feedback about this extraordinary knife? Do you think it is useful? Would you buy it if it was real?
Do you think StayGlow would go well with digital watch?
(I am a youngster, I'm 13. That's why I talked so much about school.)
I cannot mod.
I cannot trade.
But I can collect.

You have not felt real pain until you have used Tapatalk on a Blackberry...

00 Offline Ombudsman

• Rite of )+( Passage
Re: My Dream SAK: The Student
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:55:34 PM
My dream SAK: The Student(Victorinox of course.)

I miss my Midnite Manager when I am at school-if I get caught with it at school, I'll be expelled, therefore I leave it at home. That's why this SAK is designed:To bring it anywhere, to be used by anyone.

No blades included! Should be TSA-proof.

83 mm model.

Scale Types:Red Cellidor, Blue Cellidor, StayGlow(glows in the dark), SilverTech, Classic Red.
NOTE: An Alox version should be available as well-Victorinox needs some bladeless models.

Main Layers:
-Scissors
-Cap lifter with flat screwdriver (sharing layer with can opener)
-Can opener
-LED (sharing layer with shortened Phillips screwdriver) (maybe a Lite version only, but I am not sure.)
-Shortened Phillips screwdriver
-Nail file

Back Layers:
-Multi-purpose hook
-Corkscrew with mini screwdriver (the pin may keep it from being TSA-proof and/or allowed in school. So yeah, no pin.)

Scale:
-Digital watch(no barometer, etc.)
-Tweezers
-Toothpick
-Ballpoint pen
-Keychain

What is your feedback about this extraordinary knife? Do you think it is useful? Would you buy it if it was real?
Do you think StayGlow would go well with digital watch?
(I am a youngster, I'm 13. That's why I talked so much about school.)

The newer hook includes a nail file so you can save a layer.. But also the nail file could be opposite to the scissors in the same layer..  :think:  Anyway.. I like it  :tu:

Welcome to MT.O !  :salute:

PS. BTW. I think this post belongs to the Swiss forum

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:26 AM
BTW. I think this post belongs to the Swiss forum
I think you might be right. :D

Nice idea TurkTeen. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline jrp316

Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:41:34 AM
Sounds like the Spartan Lite modded to remove the blades layer and add on plus scales will get you most of what you want, sans the clock. you could also do a Voyager Lite and have the scissors and blades layer removed to get all of what you list, but that knife's rather expensive to start with compared to the Spartan. There's currently no light or plus scales option for the 84mm knives, so you'd have to go 91mm to get what you want. The Spartan Lite also has a nail file on the hook.

The pen/tweezers/toothpick require cellidor scales, so that rules out alox altogether (excepting extensive modding of the scales). I'd recommend the Spartan approach with the aforementioned mods to get you what you want at a decent price; the clock on it strikes me as too "froo froo" for a knife and a rather expensive option when a wrist watch would work better IMHO.

Now, all that being said...I'm not sure what knife/weapon laws apply in Turkish schools, but if they're anything like the US, I would strongly recommend not taking any form of multi-tool, bladeless or otherwise, to school with you.

There have been plenty of kids here who brought SAKs or such to school and have had the book thrown at them. That book is heavy and hits hard. The one you want is bladeless as you specified, but if someone happens to see it, are they going to know that? Or even care? Best case scenario IMHO is that you get hassled and possibly get off with a warning. Worst case scenario, your tool gets confiscated and you get suspended/expelled, possibly arrested for weapon possession on school grounds. I wouldn't risk it personally, not in this day and age. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just give you some food for thought.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%