Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

An easy carry tip. (and a couple of questions)

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
An easy carry tip. (and a couple of questions)
on: March 20, 2008, 01:51:50 AM
So I had the camera out to take some pictures of my MT storage, and I figured I'd snap a few pics to show an easy way I've found to carry non-clip tools (I don't wear a sheath unless I have too :P ) I found this little thing at Home Depot for about $1, and I added the small clip from a spare Photon light I have.

The pictures pretty well speak for themselves as far as how I use it, and I've been completely happy with it's functionality and use it fairly often. Personally, though, I'd love to know if anyone knows about a similar item anywhere that's a bit better quality. Anyone got any ideas? I guess if it comes down to it, it ought to be pretty easy to make myself. (maybe out of a strip of leather and a nice carabiner and skip the larger split ring)

The little clip was also kinda hard to find (and I'd like to put it back on the Photon at some point). Some tools (Juice, Squirt, and Pulse are a few I can think of) have small lanyard rings and most clips (like off a $2 keychain) are too thick to fit in. Any ideas? If not might just have to order a few straight from the Photon people.

Belt Clip on a Pulse:

* BeltClip.jpg (Filesize: 110.23 KB)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:51:14 AM by NeitherExtreme »

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Re: An easy carry tip. (and a couple of questions)
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:52:20 AM
In pocket:

* InPocket.jpg (Filesize: 83.96 KB)

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 10:31:20 AM
Good idea mate, I use one of these in much the same way... :)

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline bobofish

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:39:11 AM
Good idea. I've also seen people do this with pocket knives that have a lanyard hole but no clip.

Another option are those silly little things that come with retractable dog leashes: the ones that have two rings with a length of canvas between them. I don't know how many I've accumulated over the years from all the leashes my dogs have chewed through, abraded on fire hydrants, etc. The things are useless except to for example attach tools to other tools for example. Right now I have one connecting a pocket flashlight with a micra, you could just as easily throw a carabiner on there and spend no money on a new thingie. That is if you have dog leashes and don't like to spend money.  :D

Incidentally, it may sound stupid to connect a small flashlight to a micra with one of those things, but it serves two purposes for me; the first is simply to keep my micra and solitaire from falling out of my pocket on their own (one always catches in my pocket and holds the other) and the other very useful purpose is that I can sling the two over my shoulder and essentially make my solitaire a shoulder light while working on something. An arc would be better, but hey you get the idea.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:44:58 AM
So I had the camera out to take some pictures of my MT storage, and I figured I'd snap a few pics to show an easy way I've found to carry non-clip tools (I don't wear a sheath unless I have too :P ) I found this little thing at Home Depot for about $1, and I added the small clip from a spare Photon light I have.

The pictures pretty well speak for themselves as far as how I use it, and I've been completely happy with it's functionality and use it fairly often. Personally, though, I'd love to know if anyone knows about a similar item anywhere that's a bit better quality. Anyone got any ideas? I guess if it comes down to it, it ought to be pretty easy to make myself. (maybe out of a strip of leather and a nice carabiner and skip the larger split ring)

The little clip was also kinda hard to find (and I'd like to put it back on the Photon at some point). Some tools (Juice, Squirt, and Pulse are a few I can think of) have small lanyard rings and most clips (like off a $2 keychain) are too thick to fit in. Any ideas? If not might just have to order a few straight from the Photon people. 

Belt Clip on a Pulse:

NE, here's the link of that little clip.

Click Me Now

Eddie

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69