Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Trying something different....

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Trying something different....
on: March 22, 2008, 07:04:44 PM
Every weekend I have been carrying a different tool.. Last weekend I carried the PowerLock and I was impressed by the pliers.. This weekend I am carrying the LM Skeletool.. I will fill you guys in on how it goes... Next weekend its going to be the Vic Spirit!
B

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Trying something different....
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:07:52 PM
I'm interested in hearing your results.  What did you use the PowerLock for that made you notice the pliers?  Or was it just a feeling?  Did you use any of the other implements, and what are your feelings/thoughts on any of those?

You should know by now that you can't just drop a bomb like that on us and not get asked these kinds of questions! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 08:44:40 PM
LOL, I did that on purpose! I was replacing the tube on my cousin's mountain bike... While I was undoing the bolts I noticed how easy it was.. I also used the knife blade and I have to say I hate the chisel grind! But overall if you use pliers a lot that is the tool for you!
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:46:15 PM
But overall if you use pliers a lot that is the tool for you!

You mean it's better than the Surge?  :P
I'm back!!

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:13:43 AM
If you need strong pliers! Well, this week I am EDC the Spirit. I will inform you guys on Sunday about how it went!
B

Offline SxS

Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 11:24:00 AM
If you need strong pliers! Well, this week I am EDC the Spirit. I will inform you guys on Sunday about how it went!

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend....what happened to those thoughts on the Skeletool!  ;)  :gimme:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:12:29 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa my friend....what happened to those thoughts on the Skeletool!  ;)  :gimme:

Yeah we wanna know! >:(   :D
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 02:25:28 PM
Do tell!  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 02:38:29 PM
I changed my mind! I am using the Skeletool.. I will be sure to fill you guys in!
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 02:55:17 PM
Okay, so the Skeletool this week and the Spirit next week. How about after that?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 03:19:14 PM
Okay, I will make a list! Skeletool, Spirit, New Wave, SOG Paratool, Victorinox SwissTool RS, LM Charge TTi, LM Juice Cs4, LM SURGE!!, LM Squirt P4, and lastly SOG Power Plier.. I will update the list when I have time!
B

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 04:26:41 PM
I am EDC the New Wave this weekend.. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I will keep you guys posted!
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 04:31:15 PM
Hang on, how did you get on with the Skeletool and what happened to the Spirit??
I'm back!!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 04:43:36 PM
nice thread, I look forward to the results.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 01:32:31 AM
Well, the weekend is not over, so I will talk about the Skeletool.. I really like the Skeletool because it is unoticable in my pocket. Also, I love the quality feel to it... I tried the bottle opener and I was VERY impressed. As I was with my LM  knives... The wirecutters passed all of the tests I had given it.. They are about the same size as the cutters on the '98 SwissTool... The knife is also shaving sharp.. I didn't really use a MT all that much, I only tested all of the implements and was VERY impressed!
B

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 03:05:10 AM
Well, on Friday night I was in Lowe's and I saw the PowerLock 2.0.. So, I bought it! Today I carried the PowerLock and I was very disappointed. It takes so long to get out the knife blade-its not even funny! Also, I think the leather sheath is even better than the LM '98 Wave sheaths! The new wire cutters are fantastic-I was cutting quarters with ease! I really don't like how the blades are inside of the handle. It makes it so difficult to use the saw or even the knife blade... One thing I like a lot is how you can turn nuts and bolts when the tool is folded... I will keep you guys posted on how it goes tomorrow!
B

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 03:16:02 AM
So what's your opinion of those piano locks LM?

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 03:27:02 AM
I totally forgot to mention my thoughts on the piano locks! IMO, they are a great improvement over the original locks.. They reduce tool clumping tremendously and the locks are a lot stronger than the original ones... I also like how the gears are not exposed anymore!! I think I am going to buy a BUNCH of SOG components and make my own tool.. Like I would buy: a serrated and straight edge knives, scissors, and a serrated line cutter... I want the scissors because I like them on my S60 and I want to have a tool with the V cutter and scissors..  The serrated line cutter looks really cool, does anyone have any experiences with it?
B

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD