Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Matt’s Modified SAK Challenge

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Re: Matt’s Modified SAK Challenge
Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 03:55:11 PM
Day 21 -  Victorinox Alarm - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 3 times past time screen and the alarm screen is displayed. Press and hold button 4 seconds to turn alarm on and off, press 4 more seconds to set alarm time. Press button to shut off alarm.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 02:29:20 PM
Day 22 - Countdown Timer -  toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 4 times past the time screen and the countdown timer screen is displayed. Press and hold the button 2 seconds to set desired amount of time to countdown. Press button to shut off countdown timer when it goes off.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 02:55:05 AM
Still enjoying the thread. Keep it up, bro.

us Offline Farmer X

• No Life Club
  • Just a guy who leads an unexciting life
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 05:28:50 AM
I'm awlso enjoying it. The electronics have many more functions than those on my Altimeter!
USN 2000-2006

One to four layers of SAK is (usually) best for me.

If you have absolutely nothing better to do, my YouTube channel is awlways an option:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWA0VjH6v3WS6gvLkPGk9KA/

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:11 PM
Thanks Jazz & Farmer X, Day 23 -  Timer - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 5 times past  the time screen and the timer screen is displayed. Press and hold button 2 seconds to start timer. Press button 2 seconds while it is running to stop timer or an additional 2 seconds to reset. Not ideal as a stop watch since it only goes to the nearest second and takes 2 seconds to stop, but works as a timer nonetheless.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #35 on: September 24, 2022, 04:21:33 PM
Day 24 -Thermometer - toggle Victorinox emblem (button) 6 times past time screen and the temperature screen is displayed. Press and hold button for 8 seconds to change Fahrenheit to Celsius and Feet to Meters.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #36 on: September 25, 2022, 04:02:05 PM
Day 25 - Toothpick -  Victorinox has made several versions through the years and four colors to choose from now. I have used RIT dye with success as well. This is an older version I like. Works for teeth cleaning or any crevice, open other tools on knife with head of toothpick, open zip ties and survival fishing hook.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 06:17:12 PM by pa_strunk »

us Offline Farmer X

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 11:03:54 PM
Now I'll have to go through awl of my Cellidor SAKs and see how many hooked toothpicks I find! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
USN 2000-2006

If you have absolutely nothing better to do, my YouTube channel is awlways an option:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #38 on: September 26, 2022, 04:54:33 PM
Wish you luck with that mission Farmer X. Curious how many you will find? Day 26 - Tweezers -  use them to pull or remove small things such as splinters, thorns or ticks, nail guide (prevent trauma to fingers with hammer), bookmark, radio antenna for a cell phone, magnify to make compass, or as a security pin.

us Offline Farmer X

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 27, 2022, 12:48:49 AM
Of 20 toothpicks I've gone through (18 in knives and two old ones used for cleaning and light scraping), two have been the hooked type.

I never thought of such uses for the tweezers. The nail guide is a particularly good idea.
USN 2000-2006

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #40 on: September 27, 2022, 03:05:16 PM
Day 27 - Ink Pen - Blue pressurized ink pen, use under universal hook for better grip, while under universal hook open main blade to create a caliper-compass, use with fish scaler to mark off distances, security pin or even a “promotion” tool to toggle small electronic switches.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $178.00
PayPal Fees: $9.99
Net Balance: $168.01
Below Goal: $131.99
Site Currency: USD
56%