Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Happy birthday Syph007

Wootz · 38 · 3919

se Offline Northern Geek

Re: Happy birthday Syph007
Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 02:42:36 PM
Happy birthday!  :cheers:

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:48 PM
 Happy birthday! May the spectacular custom work continue for many years to come!  :tu: :tu:   :drool:

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 04:16:43 PM
Looks nice! Is the CNC conversion an option the company sells, or a third party add on?

The local guy here makes the mechanical interface parts for the stepper motors so I can get that from him, the electronics and motors I have to order as a kit.  But then im in business!

Make sure you look into getting ball screws, the slop on those mills is awful (I have the bigger one up).

Absolutely, the ball screws are a must.  The backlash in x and y should be able to be dialed down to less than 0.001, but it sounds like i wont get that for z, but i can account for that in software.   :D

You can replace the spring swing arm for a piston style and it'll be a lot smoother.
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
Looks nice! Is the CNC conversion an option the company sells, or a third party add on?

The local guy here makes the mechanical interface parts for the stepper motors so I can get that from him, the electronics and motors I have to order as a kit.  But then im in business!

Make sure you look into getting ball screws, the slop on those mills is awful (I have the bigger one up).

Absolutely, the ball screws are a must.  The backlash in x and y should be able to be dialed down to less than 0.001, but it sounds like i wont get that for z, but i can account for that in software.   :D

You can replace the spring swing arm for a piston style and it'll be a lot smoother.

Oh right, see there's cool mods to do on tools to use for cool mods... moderific!  You said you have the bigger one up from this? The sx4?

The local guy here got a deal on some sx3's from another business that sold out when they went out of business.  It comes with the metal stand and hes got the collet sets and everything I need to make some by hand brassilox until I get tired of using the cranks and rip it apart for CNC.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 04:30:16 PM

Also, what Wenger model(s) did you gift yourself? ;)

I couldn't decide, since I want them all.  In the mean time I'm on an 84mm cellidor modding kick so I ordered 2 each of NIB recruits, small tinkers and waiters.  Waiter plus my scissor layer mod gives a modern golfer.  And I can upgrade the AL liners to nickel silver. 

Since the 84mm cellidor models share the same pivots as the 84mm alox ones its nice to be able to swap parts between them, and I already had little jigs made up to grind the scissors for the 84mm alox, so I can use the same method, but with bushings to reduce the holes to 2.2mm to put them on 84mm cellidors.  I dont know what it is, but I really like the small tinker, and to add scissors to one would be a nice little edc I think.   
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:53 PM
Congrats Robert!  Have a good one!
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 08:24:12 PM
Congrats! Have a good day and thanks for getting yourself a present we can participate in!   ;)

mx Offline Sidhartha

• Hecho en México
Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 09:20:10 PM
happy birthday Robert!  :cheers: :cheers:
custom swiss army knives

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30