Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Impulse buy of Fuse

jock1 · 28 · 3001

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Impulse buy of Fuse
on: March 29, 2008, 01:30:02 PM
I have just bought my first leatherman for many a long year I was in my local BnQ and they had one for £26-95 thats good for rip off Britian so slush fund rattled and Fuse has a new home.As a commited Swiss tool fanatic this is quite a step.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Impulse buy of Fuse
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:34:58 PM
£26-95 is a damn good price for over here.  Good score.  ;)
I'm back!!

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 01:43:54 PM
I saw some Fuse's at my local B and Q but without any price tag, that a good deal
E

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:24:08 PM
Congrats on the deal Jock. What's your thoughts on it so far?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:04:17 PM
Yes, I'm also looking forward to your thoughts on it.  One should note that it's a completely different class of tool from the SwissTool, so other than general utility, it should be pretty hard to compare the two.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:48:59 AM
Good price! I only paid a few quid less than that for my Kick! I'd like to get a Fuse at some stage to take the scissors out of and put in my Kick.
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:15:15 PM
Good price! I only paid a few quid less than that for my Kick! I'd like to get a Fuse at some stage to take the scissors out of and put in my Kick.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I am not sure if the scissors would fit without having to remove a tool.
E

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 05:50:15 PM

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I am not sure if the scissors would fit without having to remove a tool.

If the scissors are the same size as the new wave then they should fit in if you remove the lanyard ring and the spacers next to it.....i think so anyway!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 06:06:53 PM
Welldone Jock  :D Last time I was in B&Q they only had Gerbers as an over inflated price  :( Going to be great finding out your thoughts on the tool

Dunc

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 07:13:57 PM
The handsome and charming mod aka Micky D shifted my short review on the fuse to the reviews section I didn't want to get in trouble for having it in the wrong place .But in short it will be ideal for work purposes and now lives on my duty belt next to my torch

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 07:54:18 PM
The handsome and charming mod aka Micky D shifted my short review on the fuse to the reviews section I didn't want to get in trouble for having it in the wrong place .But in short it will be ideal for work purposes and now lives on my duty belt next to my torch
I'm glad you pointed out the Handsome and Charming part, as thats the only thing really seperating me from the rest of the Mods :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 05:09:05 AM
I'm glad you pointed out the Handsome and Charming part, as thats the only thing really seperating me from the rest of the Mods :D

I take it you and Jock have never actually met? ::)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:03:43 PM

I take it you and Jock have never actually met? ::)
The court order prohibits me leaving Scotland for the time being

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 07:04:40 PM
Probably for the best mate.  :D
I'm back!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:08 PM
Thank you I appreciate your support and may your next bowel movement be a hedgehog and a breach birth too boot :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 08:45:12 PM
That sounds almost as much fun as pushing the button on the ResQMe tool!   :o

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Thank you I appreciate your support and may your next bowel movement be a hedgehog and a breach birth too boot :D

:ahhh :(

:D
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 03:31:33 AM

Yow! That doesn't conjur up a pleasant picture does it? :P

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 08:03:06 PM
I have a short update I used the can opener today and while it took a minute or two I soon got used to the different technique needed from the SAK/ST opener so I am generally quite pleased with my Fuse and it sure won't be the last Leatherman.
BTW I have a knack for conjuring disgusting /disturbing imagery lol

scotland Online Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:39 AM
Thanks to a spot of legerdemain that would impress Jack Dawkins, I'm now the owner of a Leatherman Fuse.

I've never had a Fuse before, and I was never really intending to get one (the Blast or Wave packing significantly more punch than either the Fuse or Kick in a not-much-larger package)

I have carried a Kick before (I think at the time my logic was It was pocket carry-able and I didn't care if it broke, as I was getting emotional about my PST?)

Anyway, then I carried a Blast, and those were the best days of my life.

So back to the Fuse.

I'm sure there are plenty of reviews, so I won't get carried away, but in short "What the hell?

Okay, it's got locks and a knife long enough to disembowel a pachyderm*, It is marginally wider than the Kick, and all it has is Scissors?

I'm not going to crack out the calipers, but I think the Fuse Spacer is larger than the Kick one.

I'm sure it has been said a hundred times, but the File has been something of a Leatherman staple since the beginning, why not put it in?

It still leaves the Blast with the Saw and Micro screwdriver to keep it as a "Step up"

As a side rant: I find the Leatherman "suggested user" system funny.

The Fuse is good for Scouts, but the BLACK fuse is good for Military?
The Blast is good for Camping, Home, or Gardening, and again BLACK for Military.

Don't get me wrong, I love black as much as the next Ninja, but why is it exclusively the domain of law enforcement, and why wouldn't Soldiers want plain finish?

*Relative to the Kick.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 10:57:32 PM
good to see benner on here a bit.

scotland Online Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 01:11:16 AM
good to see benner on here a bit.

Heh, I tend to drag up ancient threads...

us Offline django.cj

Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 03:17:11 PM
The locks alone are enough to justify it over a Kick to me.  My fingers appreciate tools which don't randomly close if you're not holding it just right.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 06:17:28 PM
The locks alone are enough to justify it over a Kick to me.  My fingers appreciate tools which don't randomly close if you're not holding it just right.
except I've never had the Kick's tools do that to me, have you?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 06:20:03 PM
Me neither actually..  :think:

us Offline django.cj

Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 07:18:41 PM
Never had a Kick, just basing it on other tools I've had (an old Gerber comes to mind). I like my locks.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 07:45:51 PM
Never had a Kick, just basing it on other tools I've had (an old Gerber comes to mind). I like my locks.
well I'm happy to report that with the Kick LM really got it right, I'll happily concede that some* non-locking MT's are a pain, but not the Kick. Combining slightly off-set tools and a very positive 'clunk' engagement on opening I find the Kick's more than secure enough. :)

*sadly I'm thinking of my SOG PPP here :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 03:52:31 AM
well I'm happy to report that with the Kick LM really got it right, I'll happily concede that some* non-locking MT's are a pain, but not the Kick. Combining slightly off-set tools and a very positive 'clunk' engagement on opening I find the Kick's more than secure enough. :)

*sadly I'm thinking of my SOG PPP here :-\

One of the reasons I traded my PPP away,I had a close shave with the wicked sharp awl folding on me :o :o :o.
I do prefer locking MTs +++++

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12