Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Old bottle opener fake or real sak?

Nhoj · 5 · 1244

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Old bottle opener fake or real sak?
on: February 13, 2013, 02:26:18 AM
I was going through my great grandfather's stuff and I made an interesting find. A wood handled bottle opener... ...with a nail nick on it! I recently found out my great grandfather was a sak lover and had them back in the days where 91mm's had nail nicks on the  saws and nickel silver tweezer heads. I've looked at the past styles of bottle opener and this one doesn't look like it could be from a 91mm. There is a good chance that this is from a sak imitation (which means he was a sak imitation slayer!) but it could be from a Wenger I guess since I don't know what they looked like in the past. It doesn't say patent like most Wengers so I was wondering if you guys could reconize it or just confirm that it is from a fake.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: Old bottle opener fake or real sak?
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:54:37 AM
Does not look like it is from a SAK.

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:39:03 AM
hi, thank you for the pictures, i wish could confirm, i have seen this shape of the tool before i just can not confirm since the multitude of numbers of pocket knives  made is huge :)  it does not seem/look to come from a Swiss knife, it can be from many, US, European, Asian not sure, it is also very easy for us to say it is from a fake this meaning the function is a copy, it is not necessary a fake just because it can do the same job, searching patents and so on it may or one never know it can be others with the same idea or different shapes for the same job, the Swiss have many patents, Swiss patents have been copied for as long as its been around really, but again things may not always be a fake, take care of it, was an interesting piece :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:41:12 AM by North Man »
Get more tools

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
Fake would imply that something is trying to say it is a sak but is not really one. This one is not lying about manufacturer so wrong choice of words I guess

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:13:42 PM

nice interesting tool anyhow :tu:
Get more tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30