Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about the Vic Hiker/Huntsman

tw Offline KTesh

• We4ishe2me pu3to1nghua4 bi3 yi1ngyu3 ge4ng na2n?
Question about the Vic Hiker/Huntsman
on: February 12, 2013, 07:56:43 PM
I'm now seriously thinking about tearing down my old damaged Ranger and rebuilding it with a new Wood Saw, Small Blade, and new Saw Liners.  Looks like the Hiker is the least expensive knife that has the Wood Saw, but none of the images I've seen are rotated to see what the liners look like.  I've also looked and the huntsman could easily be used to get me some back tools that I want.

Does anybody have a new Hiker and can show what kind of liners it has?  I'm guessing it's the modern ones, but before I pull the trigger and buy one, I just want to CMA, as cash is tight.

I'd also probably be rebuilding the sacrificial knife, so what would that end up being? A spartan w/a phillips screwdriver? 

Thanks
K'Tesh
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:28:14 PM by KTesh »
If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

Offline space cowboy

Re: Question about the Vic Hiker
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
My 1980's Hiker has the silver/aluminum liners. It has held up over time. I really don't think the liners should be an issue here IMO.

tw Offline KTesh

• We4ishe2me pu3to1nghua4 bi3 yi1ngyu3 ge4ng na2n?
Re: Question about the Vic Hiker
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:45:07 PM
My 1980's Hiker has the silver/aluminum liners. It has held up over time. I really don't think the liners should be an issue here IMO.

I guess I was a little unclear... 

My old knife's (the lower knife in the photo below) liners are full height (could have been used for body plates), the new knife's liners are contoured to match the backspring.

I'm guessing that I was not the only one who had the problem with the liners fouling up with a bent saw, and Vic caught on afterwards and changed it later.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, a hammer, a screwdriver, bailing wire, zipties, or a Swiss Army Knife, it's broken and irreparable.

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Re: Question about the Vic Hiker/Huntsman
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:03:50 PM
Camper

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Re: Question about the Vic Hiker/Huntsman
Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
I think this guy has a hundreds of campers. He sells them for $9. I don't see any for sale right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VICTORINOX-SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE-CAMPER-/121062436084

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD