Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A bit of advice

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: A bit of advice
Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 02:45:56 PM
That is bad news mate, but it is endemic of the way urban life is going :( and if those in authority don't give a monkeys it's not exactly going to have a happy ending is it >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 02:46:18 PM
well I think we still have some room for a couple you bloks over here :ahhh

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #62 on: April 01, 2008, 02:46:35 PM
wow, I'd be an unhappy camper there mates...
It is very, very annoying, but we're kinda used to it in these parts ::)

And quite a few companies are starting to realise that there is a market for slippies so we still have some options about what we carry.

Not enough are though mate.  :(
I'm back!!

Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 02:47:59 PM
well I think we still have some room for a couple you bloks over here :ahhh
The offer gets more an more tempting every day :)

I think I'm gona start squating at casa del defo :D

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 02:49:16 PM
hope you can swim and cook beaver!

Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 02:50:36 PM
Oh I could make a million rude jokes about the last part of that sentence :D shame its a family forum ::)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 02:51:29 PM
Oh I could make a million rude jokes about the last part of that sentence :D shame its a family forum ::)

You and me both!  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 02:52:07 PM
I choose my words carefully! :D

Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 02:55:07 PM
I choose my words carefully! :D
Well theres a first :P :D

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:46 PM
lol I never said they were the right words or spelled correctly!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #70 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:27 PM
Cook beaver??? ::) :angel:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline Abstraction

Reply #71 on: April 01, 2008, 06:20:30 PM
I've thought about leaving this country so many times, but my job is good and my friends and family are better so its outweighed.  It would cost a fortune to elaborately fake a kidknap of them all to another country, blame it on a freak tornado caused by climate change and convince them that there's no way back because of rampaging flying monkeys, unfortunately they're unlikely to come with me any other way.

Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 06:24:09 PM
I've thought about leaving this country so many times, but my job is good and my friends and family are better so its outweighed.  It would cost a fortune to elaborately fake a kidknap of them all to another country, blame it on a freak tornado caused by climate change and convince them that there's no way back because of rampaging flying monkeys, unfortunately they're unlikely to come with me any other way.
I know exactly how you feel mate, I was all set to move to canada, when my little boy came along :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: April 01, 2008, 06:33:10 PM
I know exactly how you feel mate, I was all set to move to canada, when my little boy came along :D

I bet Def was relieved!  :D
I'm back!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 06:36:27 PM
It's not like i'm going to end up buying hundreds of muti-tools, i mean, i'll just see how this one is and maybe get another one if i need to, maybe two, just in case  ;)
it won't stop at two I guarantee that as for the state of British society I am sick of things and have decided it's about time that we all get together and put things right .I am advertisng for various posts I had thought of Mick for the minister for secret police/death squads and all other volunteers would be gratefully recieved
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:52:11 PM by jock1 »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #75 on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:26 PM

I bet Def was relieved!  :D

Only when I found out the boy wasn't mine! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #76 on: April 02, 2008, 07:09:25 PM
It's not like i'm going to end up buying hundreds of muti-tools, i mean, i'll just see how this one is and maybe get another one if i need to, maybe two, just in case  ;)
it won't stop at two I guarantee that as for the state of British society I am sick of things and have decided it's about time that we all get together and put things right .I am advertisng for various posts I had thought of Mick for the minister for secret police/death squads and all other volunteers would be gratefully recieved
That I can do, trouble is I've got quite a list off my own to work through first, before I can start on anyone elses :(

What would my official title be ???

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:18 PM
Minister for quality of life and attitude adjustment

Offline Abstraction

Reply #78 on: April 02, 2008, 08:22:52 PM
Can i be chancellor of the exchequor? I've no real experience at the job but im pretty sure i can both have fun with that much money and do a better job than the current muppet.  (and i'll provide everyone here with a tax rebate in SAK's).

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #79 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:42 PM
and i'll provide everyone here with a tax rebate in SAK's.

and multi's???

Can I be keeper of the great multitool armory?
E

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #80 on: April 02, 2008, 10:11:17 PM
can I be the U.S. diplomat? I speak 5 languages; Swisstool-Swisstool-Swisstool-Swisstool-Swisstool!

Reply #81 on: April 02, 2008, 10:22:24 PM
You can all be whatever you want to be, just remember it's me keeping all the files >:D

Offline Abstraction

Reply #82 on: April 08, 2008, 06:02:45 PM
Well i got a nice box in the mail today  :mail:

Fantastic service from Tim and the tools, wow!  They just ooze quality, i can see myself being happy with these for a long long time.  Nothing moves in any way other than the way its meant to, squeeze them and they just feel solid.  All the tools have that familiar resistance and *clunk* that my swiss army knife gives which is reassuring as well.  I've literally just got them out and am busy working all this week so bar the odd screw that needs tightening it may be a while before they see heavy useage but first impressions are good.  The only thing that confuses me is the serated blade on the Spirit, im really not sure what im going to use that for!  If it was curved then it would be good for cutting rope/materiel, but it just seems so clumsy and ineffective. 

Apart from that im glad i got both, the spirit is just tiny!  from the pictures i couldnt see a 'massive' size difference but you really could drop this into a pocket without its sheath and it wouldnt get in the way, and the curve is just great to hold.  Thats not to knock the X though, i'll definately be reaching for that when i need the file or saw which look like they will benefit from the extra size, or if i just need some good old weight behind whatever im doing.  Thumbs up to Victorinox for the sheaths as well, they're both really good, they feel very secure and the tools are easy to get out, with the spirits in particular being very sleak.

The only other thing that strikes me is the sharpness of the knives, they're adequate for anything im going to be doing but i swear my SAK came factory sharpened to a lethal degree.  These both feel good but dont have as sharp an edge as my SAK (testing them on a bit of card the spirit is noticably duller than the X, though it still rips through well and given the size is understandable).  As a side note the seratted blade sucks on cardboard  :P

Other than that cheers for persuading me to get these two for the same price i was going to pay for a Gerber Legend over here,  ill post some more thoughts when i've had a chance to really use these.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #83 on: April 08, 2008, 07:37:17 PM
Glad to hear they arrived ok mate.  Tim's service really is superb!  :)

I have the X myself and I love it.  It is a superb tool and I carry mine everyday.  I don't have the Spirit, so It will be interesting to see how you get on and if you feel that you need to have both.
I'm back!!

Reply #84 on: April 08, 2008, 08:33:02 PM
Yeah the Spirit blade is a bit contentious here, some love it, some hate it, (I'm in the latter camp ::), mainly because I hate serrations!) but stick with it, because it's really not all that bad once your used to it :)

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #85 on: April 08, 2008, 09:38:31 PM
I was attacked a few months ago at a trainstation,
That sucks. Due to my back problems I have to walk with a cane. It kinda sux being so young and needing it but one positive is that I always have a pretty decent weapon on me. My cane is a nice heavy oak one and the horn is nice and pointy. I'm scheduled to have a surgery next week but after I get done with that I hope to join a "cane martial arts" class near me. The guy who teaches it is in the Martial arts hall of fame.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Reply #86 on: April 08, 2008, 09:57:24 PM
I was attacked a few months ago at a trainstation,
That sucks. Due to my back problems I have to walk with a cane. It kinda sux being so young and needing it but one positive is that I always have a pretty decent weapon on me. My cane is a nice heavy oak one and the horn is nice and pointy. I'm scheduled to have a surgery next week but after I get done with that I hope to join a "cane martial arts" class near me. The guy who teaches it is in the Martial arts hall of fame.
A cane would make a hell of a good offensive/defensive weapon, and you'd never suspect it either ;)

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #87 on: April 08, 2008, 10:13:06 PM
A cane would make a hell of a good offensive/defensive weapon, and you'd never suspect it either
Yep, the best part is that I can take it anywhere. On planes, in court, Disneyland etc etc.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Reply #88 on: April 08, 2008, 10:20:04 PM
A cane would make a hell of a good offensive/defensive weapon, and you'd never suspect it either
Yep, the best part is that I can take it anywhere. On planes, in court, Disneyland etc etc.
If my foot get's much worse I might have to get me a nice cane, only for suport of course ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD