Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

To all diabetic members

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
To all diabetic members
on: April 03, 2008, 10:53:23 PM
What blood-glucose meter do you carry???
at home, I use the Freestyle Freedom http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/content/en_US/20.10.7:7/product/Product_Profile_0020.htm

And when traveling(and backup) the Feestyle light http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/content/en_US/20.10.5:5/product/Product_Profile_0010.htm

They both use the same strips and lancets :angel:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: To all diabetic members
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:22:15 AM
Last I heard, Travis was involved with a diabetic forum- he may have some comments to add.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Travis Autry

Re: To all diabetic members
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:54:06 AM
I use an Accuchek Aviva.  I had used an Advantage for years, but the diabetic supply company that my insurance uses offered to "upgrade" me to an Accuchek Active.  Apparently either it or I am defective, I can't get it to work.  Mercifully, Accuchek sent me an Aviva which was really an upgrade.  I don't know about others but I am sold on Accuchek products.

I am a member and former moderator at Diabetesforums.com.  I rarely visit there anymore, when my work life got turned upside down last year I resigned as moderator and have since been too busy to spend time there.(My rare forum time is spent here and a few peeks at SOSAK.)

If you have diabetes, think you might or know someone who does, a visit to Diabetesforums is well worth your time.  The style is very much like it is here.  Discussion is welcome on most any topic, but by and large it is a family atmosphere.  If anyone wants to know more, shoot me a PT.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%