Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

While I have been recovering from my foot operations,,,,,,

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
I have learned an important piece of EDC wisdom :angel: .  While on crutches, the waist/fanny/lumber pack is your friend!!!  Shoulder bags are the kiss of death,,,,,literally!!!!! THe shoulder bag get tangled in the crutches,and you do a faceplant!!  :twak:

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: While I have been recovering from my foot operations,,,,,,
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:15:17 PM
Yeah, and don't try walking two big dogs that like to pull- I almost knocked my front teeth out when my crutch slipped and I caught it with my face...   :-X

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 11:17:20 PM
I have learned an important piece of EDC wisdom :angel: .  While on crutches, the waist/fanny/lumber pack is your friend!!!  Shoulder bags are the kiss of death,,,,,literally!!!!! THe shoulder bag get tangled in the crutches,and you do a faceplant!!  :twak:

I hear you brother...  I've been on crutches with a broken ankle for four weeks now, and I've come to really love cargo pants with large pockets.  Backpacks work well for me too, as long as I use both shoulder straps.  Only three more weeks to go for me!
- Terry

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:57:30 AM
Goo dluck to both of you guys for your recoveries.  Foot problems are a bad thing to deal with, especially when you are silly enough to work standing or walking!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 01:35:26 AM
Come on men, what happened to pockets? What happened to living that Spartan life .... SAK, multi, watch, wallet, keychain with assorted goodies, lighter, Glock .......check, check, and check, now let's go forth and conquer the world!

But sadly, it's come to this, come to grown men, supposedly MANLY MEN using the likes of the butt-bag, fanny-pack, or the vulgar term man-purse. Men, I don't like where we are heading here.  :-[

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:47:46 PM
Try carrying anything in your hands while you're on crutches.  The backpack I'm carrying is empty most of the time, but is there if I have to get the mail or carry something from point A to point B.  All my EDC gear is still happily at home in my pockets.
- Terry

us Offline Pacu

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 09:00:27 PM
Murse--man purse
Bro--man bra

Thanks Seinfeld

anyway..i carry a slingbag. Might be easy to carry on crutches.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 09:01:13 PM
Try carrying anything in your hands while you're on crutches.  The backpack I'm carrying is empty most of the time, but is there if I have to get the mail or carry something from point A to point B.  All my EDC gear is still happily at home in my pockets.

I have, unfortunately. Years ago I jumped down off my 1956 Allis Chalmers tractor and rolled my ankle pretty badly. Had to get around on crutches for awhile. What I did was duct tape my glock to one crutch, a machete to the other. Everything else went in my pockets. Well, the tractor, rolled ankle and crutches are true.

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 09:19:17 PM
What I did was duct tape my glock to one crutch, a machete to the other. Everything else went in my pockets. Well, the tractor, rolled ankle and crutches are true.

Mike

LOL.  I'll have to try that!
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56