Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Huntsman owners club

magentus · 755 · 56791

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Huntsman owners club
Reply #210 on: April 07, 2018, 04:36:33 AM

Not sure how I missed this thread.
The Huntsman (small 84mm) is the most expensive SAK I've ever purchased.  I had to pay dearly since it was mint in box.
(Image removed from quote.)

Second one in the photo below:
:drool:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #211 on: April 07, 2018, 04:40:41 AM
Lots of expenses in my life right now - awl for the better- but I've seriously cut down El Collection.  Down to only two four-layers if you can believe it!  A Huntsman Plus and Explorer Plus.   I don't think I could go without those two.

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #212 on: April 07, 2018, 05:51:58 AM
+1!! 

Not sure how I missed this thread.
The Huntsman (small 84mm) is the most expensive SAK I've ever purchased.  I had to pay dearly since it was mint in box.

Second one in the photo below:
:drool:
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #213 on: April 07, 2018, 05:54:58 AM
It's hard to argue with those two my friend.  If I had to narrow it down to just one, it would probably be a Woodsman, which is a great combo of those two knives.
Barry

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #214 on: April 18, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
...added a Fire Fly to the Huntsman for upcoming summer if it ever gets here.
I think I can hide a piece of tinder under the saw, hide the toothpick?  Any suggestions?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #215 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:36 AM
I think I can hide a piece of tinder under the saw, hide the toothpick?  Any suggestions?

Finally got your Firefly huh?  :tu: That's awesome!!! How do you like it?  Staying in the slot okay??   I'm sure the TP would fit under the scissors..

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #216 on: May 02, 2018, 01:23:12 AM

I like using waxed jute for tinder. You might be able to put a short strand of waxed jute under the saw. You don't need much to get a fire going.

Or....you could put a thick strand (doubled-up strand) inside the corkscrew. 

us Offline TonySal

Reply #217 on: May 02, 2018, 02:04:19 AM

I like using waxed jute for tinder. You might be able to put a short strand of waxed jute under the saw. You don't need much to get a fire going.

Or....you could put a thick strand (doubled-up strand) inside the corkscrew.
Thanks buddy, I'll try both!   :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #218 on: May 02, 2018, 02:05:37 AM

Finally got your Firefly huh?  :tu: That's awesome!!! How do you like it?  Staying in the slot okay??   I'm sure the TP would fit under the scissors..
Ah Ha! Thanks el Corkscrew, never though of that one!   :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #219 on: May 02, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
d'oh, now that I have a Victorinox T-shirt with the Huntsman model in it, I guess it's time I start looking for one.  :ahhh
I've never had a Huntsman before  :facepalm:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #220 on: May 02, 2018, 12:53:46 PM
d'oh, now that I have a Victorinox T-shirt with the Huntsman model in it, I guess it's time I start looking for one.  :ahhh

The Huntsman is a great SAK! :tu: :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #221 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:08 PM
You DEFINITELY need one!!!  :D

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #222 on: May 02, 2018, 10:25:16 PM
Yes, you need one now obviously.

The Huntsman comes in a wide range of colors, including woodland, desert, and smurf.
DSC05091-huntsmen-e.jpg
* DSC05091-huntsmen-e.jpg (Filesize: 198.42 KB)

fr Offline Régis-Joël Charnay

Reply #223 on: May 03, 2018, 02:22:33 AM

Huntsman lite

I have another two other more black Huntsman
Victorinox, Wenger, Swiza

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #224 on: May 03, 2018, 09:13:58 AM

The shirt is an excellent start, but you'll find the real thing even better.  :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #225 on: May 03, 2018, 01:22:57 PM

The shirt is an excellent start, but you'll find the real thing even better.  :D

I'm sure, after all, the shirt is based on it  :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #226 on: May 03, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
Well, except that the one on the shirt has the tool layers in the wrong order... :lol:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #227 on: May 04, 2018, 07:03:18 PM
El go-to Huntsman
IMG_20180504_090420.jpg
* IMG_20180504_090420.jpg (Filesize: 146.92 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #228 on: May 04, 2018, 07:41:43 PM
Here is my digital camo Huntsman.

Click on pictures for best picture
GEDC1033.JPG
* GEDC1033.JPG (Filesize: 463.84 KB)
GEDC1035.JPG
* GEDC1035.JPG (Filesize: 440.83 KB)
GEDC1039.JPG
* GEDC1039.JPG (Filesize: 452.41 KB)
GEDC1040.JPG
* GEDC1040.JPG (Filesize: 464.08 KB)

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #229 on: May 04, 2018, 10:05:36 PM
 :tu: :tu: :like:
Barry

us Offline TonySal

Reply #230 on: June 12, 2018, 03:18:17 AM
Been using Huntsman for 4 layer Friday   :salute:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #231 on: September 14, 2018, 05:50:48 AM
The Huntsman was my first real SAK. I bought it in the mid to late 90s after I lost my first pocket knife, I think a Japanese copy my Great Grandparents bought me for my 6th birthday. I remember it had a fish scaler and the scales were darker red I'm sure. I was quite upset that I'd lost it but I really can't remember it clearly enough now. Up until I started work in 2006 and got a LM Juice the Huntsman had been my only multi tool. It has been abused a fir bit and the blade layer doesn't have a very sound snap any more. I had to replace the scissors spring as I liked to play, flicking them open and listen to the springy noise until it snapped  :oops: I still have the box it came in, a maroon colour, not the silver like they are now.
I bought the blue Huntsman off eBay a few years ago. I actually bid on a Climber, I think the intention I had was to modify the scissors into a Cadet, but I was pleasantly surprised when my Climber came with an added wood saw :tu:. The seller had mislabelled his pre-packed item :dunno:. It is also brand new :woohoo:. I can see all the factory grind marks and the saw still has the fuzzies left from the grinding process, never been used. So I decided it wasn't worth tearing down and have left it as is. While I've now bought other SAKs and multis, the Huntsman will always be the one I like the most  :salute:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #232 on: September 14, 2018, 11:38:57 AM
The Huntsman was my first real SAK. I bought it in the mid to late 90s after I lost my first pocket knife, I think a Japanese copy my Great Grandparents bought me for my 6th birthday. I remember it had a fish scaler and the scales were darker red I'm sure. I was quite upset that I'd lost it but I really can't remember it clearly enough now. Up until I started work in 2006 and got a LM Juice the Huntsman had been my only multi tool. It has been abused a fir bit and the blade layer doesn't have a very sound snap any more. I had to replace the scissors spring as I liked to play, flicking them open and listen to the springy noise until it snapped  :oops: I still have the box it came in, a maroon colour, not the silver like they are now.
I bought the blue Huntsman off eBay a few years ago. I actually bid on a Climber, I think the intention I had was to modify the scissors into a Cadet, but I was pleasantly surprised when my Climber came with an added wood saw :tu:. The seller had mislabelled his pre-packed item :dunno:. It is also brand new :woohoo:. I can see all the factory grind marks and the saw still has the fuzzies left from the grinding process, never been used. So I decided it wasn't worth tearing down and have left it as is. While I've now bought other SAKs and multis, the Huntsman will always be the one I like the most  :salute:

I suspect if I could only have one SAK then the Huntsman would almost certainly be at the top of my list.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #233 on: September 14, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

I suspect if I could only have one SAK then the Huntsman would almost certainly be at the top of my list.  :tu:
...and I agree :cheers:
P.s. you need the mini driver on the corkscrew   :pok:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:30:08 PM by TonySal »
join KNIFE RIGHTS

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #234 on: September 14, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

...and I agree :cheers:
P.s. you need the mini driver on the corkscrew   :pok:

Who, me? Yeah, probably  :iagree:

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #235 on: September 15, 2018, 05:30:35 AM
I bought a Huntsman because, in a word; I thought they were just, plain cool! :tu:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:54:24 AM by eTripper »
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline TonySal

Reply #236 on: September 15, 2018, 06:10:27 AM
I bought a Huntsman because, in a word; I thought they were just, plain cool! :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)8
:tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #237 on: September 20, 2018, 06:16:47 PM
Here is my digital camo Huntsman.

Click on pictures for best picture

I still need one of those...
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #238 on: September 20, 2018, 07:52:38 PM
If I wasn’t on the Alox’s I would be all over the Huntsman. It has the saw and sissors. And the Huntsman in Alox...I would be in heaven!

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #239 on: September 20, 2018, 08:43:29 PM
If I wasn’t on the Alox’s I would be all over the Huntsman. It has the saw and sissors. And the Huntsman in Alox...I would be in heaven!

You are allowed to do both......😳.      :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD