Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The 18th of July, 2018.

cbl51 · 40 · 1133

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: The 18th of July, 2018.
Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 01:21:48 AM
Exactly my friend :facepalm:
I'm in my sixties now and occasionally I still have to wear my duty belt. In the 40+ years of duty I have gained weight and my duty belt did so too. The belt is loaded with: pistol, spare mag, pepper spray, flashlight, handcuffs, pouch for plastic gloves, baton, multi-tool and key holder. The radio, telephone, booklet, pens, CPR mask and knife-resistant gloves, wallet and lip care are in pockets and pouches. Next year a tourniquet will be handed out. Not to mention the Taser gun that will come...

When my wife and I are on vacation we sleep in nice hotels with fine restaurants. But I still buy a SAK so now and then...  :facepalm:
These little knives are so cute!
Barry

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 01:31:21 AM
That and the 2 oz Backpacker was a revelation to me sir!  It's a fun time slimming down the load, and goes directly the opposite of what we learned in the military about packing everything we might possibly need. 

A good family friend, for the last 15 years of his life, got tired of getting beat up shooting wise, and went the route of a double barrel .410, 7mm-08, and .22.  The North American Arms revolvers have intrigued me for quite awhile.  I was a big .44 Mag guy, and still love sending rounds downrange, but am really enjoying a Henry .22 levergun.  As always, I enjoy your threads!
Barry

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 04:13:33 AM
That and the 2 oz Backpacker was a revelation to me sir!  It's a fun time slimming down the load, and goes directly the opposite of what we learned in the military about packing everything we might possibly need. 

A good family friend, for the last 15 years of his life, got tired of getting beat up shooting wise, and went the route of a double barrel .410, 7mm-08, and .22.  The North American Arms revolvers have intrigued me for quite awhile.  I was a big .44 Mag guy, and still love sending rounds downrange, but am really enjoying a Henry .22 levergun.  As always, I enjoy your threads!

You should have a NAA mini. They are neat little guns from a engineering standpoint, like a SAK in the precision of the build and assembly, forever warrantee, and if you are in a CCW state, effortless to carry. About the same bulk and weight of a 5 layer SAK.

On the personal defense side, in January of 1969, April of 1988, and Sunday morning on Memorial Day weekend  2017 at an interstate rest stop out by Ft. Hancock Texas, a small palm sized .22 saved my butt, and maybe my life. The last two were the NAA mini .22. It's my most carried gun. It's been a companion for over thirty years.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:00:36 AM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:10 AM
You should have a NAA mini. They are neat little guns from a engineering standpoint, like a SAK in the precision of the build and assembly, forever warrantee, and if you are in a CCW state, effortless to carry. About the same bulk and weight of a 5 layer SAK.

On the personal defense side, in January of 1969, April of 1988, and Sunday morning on Memorial Day weekend at a interstate rest stop out by Ft. Hancock Texas, a small palm sized .22 saved my butt, and maybe my life. The last two were the NAA mini .22. It's my most carried gun.
Well done!  :hatsoff:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 07:04:51 AM

On the personal defense side, in January of 1969, April of 1988, and Sunday morning on Memorial Day weekend  2017 at an interstate rest stop out by Ft. Hancock Texas, a small palm sized .22 saved my butt, and maybe my life. The last two were the NAA mini .22. It's my most carried gun. It's been a companion for over thirty years.
I've been eyeing one of those NAA minis again. Had one years ago and let it go.

I'm thinking the holster grip would work well!!

Executive in my watch pocket and mini .22 in my pocket.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 27, 2020, 07:51:47 AM

I would be interested in those stories, if you don't mind sharing them.

:popcorn:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 04:31:53 PM
I've been eyeing one of those NAA minis again. Had one years ago and let it go.

I'm thinking the holster grip would work well!!

Executive in my watch pocket and mini .22 in my pocket.

No, no, no, don't use that holster grip!!!!

For one thing it destroys the whole concept of the gun and its designed use. Increases bulk, and vastly increases the amount of time that it takes to get the gun into operation. By the time you get the thing unfolded, your dead. If the grip on the standard minis too small, do what I did and wrap some large rubber bands around the grip. Old cops trick for small backup and hideout guns for undercover work. If you get the Black Widow or the pug, they come with a larger more ergonomic grip that is very good, as well as real sights.

Forget ihat d--med holster grip! Its terrible.

Now. back to our regular program. :whistle:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 27, 2020, 04:35:56 PM

If the mods let me I'd tell them, but it will be quite a derail of the normal programing. It is an insight into self defense issues and how you don't really need some 9mm with a dozen and a half rounds or a .45 to protect yourself. In two out of the three cases, only one time did I have to pull the trigger on an attacker. The other two times, the mere presence of the gun put the would be attacker to flight. They ran like  the cowards they were.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:04 PM
No, no, no, don't use that holster grip!!!!

For one thing it destroys the whole concept of the gun and its designed use. Increases bulk, and vastly increases the amount of time that it takes to get the gun into operation. By the time you get the thing unfolded, your dead. If the grip on the standard minis too small, do what I did and wrap some large rubber bands around the grip. Old cops trick for small backup and hideout guns for undercover work. If you get the Black Widow or the pug, they come with a larger more ergonomic grip that is very good, as well as real sights.

Forget ihat d--med holster grip! Its terrible.

Now. back to our regular program. :whistle:
Makes sense!  I wasn't too keen on it, but was looking.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: January 28, 2020, 04:09:29 AM

Hey Nate, I them in a post over in the break room as I didn't want to derail the SAK forum.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%