Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Giant knife 2009

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Giant knife 2009
Reply #60 on: March 24, 2013, 10:37:21 PM
North Man - The awl is not on the G&E tool. It doesn't look familiar, but I'll keep an eye out for it as I mess with the collection.

GigaHz - Mine has the two different scales, standard and evo.

Syph - My understanding is the knives were made in small batches. The early ones differ substantially from the latter ones in their tools, as mentioned above. There also appear to be a number of smaller variations between batches, based on looking at a number of photos (quick way to go blind). This is one area where collecting variants is probably out.  :D  Mine doesn't have a date or serial number on it that I can see.

I've never completely closed up mine. It's a bit like handling a porcupine.

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Re: Giant knife 2009
Reply #61 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:22 PM
North Man - The awl is not on the G&E tool. It doesn't look familiar, but I'll keep an eye out for it as I mess with the collection.

GigaHz - Mine has the two different scales, standard and evo.

Syph - My understanding is the knives were made in small batches. The early ones differ substantially from the latter ones in their tools, as mentioned above. There also appear to be a number of smaller variations between batches, based on looking at a number of photos (quick way to go blind). This is one area where collecting variants is probably out.  :D  Mine doesn't have a date or serial number on it that I can see.

I've never completely closed up mine. It's a bit like handling a porcupine.
Thanks for all info ColoSwiss. i did some time yesterday to research. I will look some more, i have seen it one time before this awl. Or i have heard about it :tu:
Get more tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD