Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club

Pacu · 296 · 49254

pt Offline RamoN

Re: The Dremel (or clone ) Owners Club
Reply #150 on: July 06, 2013, 01:27:08 AM
Im planning on giving a try on the future when i have some spare time. I think the bench could come from something else like a bench drill or something. The biggest challenge would be the research time to make the specs for everything, but the actual building shouldnt take that much. 

Also it doesnt have to look that pretty to make it work  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #151 on: July 06, 2013, 07:10:29 AM
I found this, little drill press and mini lathe, this would be freaking neat to have, but can't get any info off of it, JR
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/mrssabrina/fresar34_zpsf4a90ab2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/mrssabrina/tornear24_zps1c3f345f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/mrssabrina/tornear40_zps0a2b205c.jpg

How's your spanish? :D

http://proyectofaudi.blogspot.com/2010/08/dremel-workstation.html

Seems it was only a concept and never went into production if I understand it correctly. Looks cool though. :tu:

That is so very cool  :tu: From what it says there it was a homework on a technology subject. They desing it for the dremel because its one of the most popular rotary tools. But yes seems to be just a concept or at least they didnt made any more updates to it. But.... one could try to follow that concept and see what happens...

If anyone need help with any spanish translation let me know  :tu:
Well if you went to the page above, look at the very last person to make a quote at the bottom of the page, someone sitting in a folding chair, behind a van, yes that would be me, lol the mad Plumbarian :D I left a post (I think) I used a language transfer to post asking about it but never got a response, I hope I left a good post since I can't read it! lol JR

So YOU left that lame post  :rofl:

Its ok the message its clear but in awful translator words that could well be said by an indian or a psychiatric pacient  :D  :pok:

(Sorry but it was too tempting)  :whistle:
Hey I tried! :( how bad did it translate? JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #152 on: July 06, 2013, 10:55:03 AM
I good rule of thumb with those translators is to feed the translation back through and see if it still sounds coherent.

I wonder if there's any more to that project than the 3D renderings. And perhaps it could be passed on if they are no longer interested in it. I'm sure if we could rope in some machining pros we have on board here we could at least build a few prototypes :D

As I see it, the main issue is that it'd be a PITA to switch modes... thus almost requiring you to either keep it always the same, or have multiple versions to be able to switch your Dremel quickly. I know when working on a large project with multiple parts it's easier to do stages and try to do all the similar parts on each tool in groups to save setup time and ensure consistency throughout. I built a inlaid panel chest in school (it was a total overachiever project, and my shop teacher loved me for it) and a lot of the process was running a number of parts through the same setup, changing the settings, doing another pass... a lot of labour but it came out nice in the end considering the time crunch and lack of skill I had at the time.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #153 on: July 09, 2013, 12:03:16 AM
I found this, little drill press and mini lathe, this would be freaking neat to have, but can't get any info off of it, JR

Seems it was only a concept and never went into production if I understand it correctly. Looks cool though. :tu:

That is so very cool  :tu: From what it says there it was a homework on a technology subject. They desing it for the dremel because its one of the most popular rotary tools. But yes seems to be just a concept or at least they didnt made any more updates to it. But.... one could try to follow that concept and see what happens...

Well if you went to the page above, look at the very last person to make a quote at the bottom of the page, someone sitting in a folding chair, behind a van, yes that would be me, lol the mad Plumbarian :D I left a post (I think) I used a language transfer to post asking about it but never got a response, I hope I left a good post since I can't read it! lol JR

Its ok the message its clear but in awful translator words that could well be said by an indian or a psychiatric pacient  :D  :pok:

Sorry if you misunderstood it was a joke! it translated fine except as all translators the wording was a bit odd (that was the joke about)  :tu: Sorry again if you thought it wasnt funny and if they didnt reply that message it wasnt because of the message but they surely dont check that blog anymore.

Ill try to check if there is an email posted somewhere and contact them directly.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:11:13 AM by RamoN »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #154 on: July 09, 2013, 06:04:56 AM

Sorry if you misunderstood it was a joke! it translated fine except as all translators the wording was a bit odd (that was the joke about)  :tu: Sorry again if you thought it wasnt funny and if they didnt reply that message it wasnt because of the message but they surely dont check that blog anymore.

Ill try to check if there is an email posted somewhere and contact them directly.
Oh no, it's fine, notta prob! I was just curious how bad it translated it, no biggie! Let me know what you come up with, JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #155 on: July 20, 2013, 06:04:00 PM
Great Thread! Why is it so burried.   Thanks to sparky415 though, I found it from a link.

The Dremel was one of my favorite tools when I was young, and my favorite powertool I believe.  After I burned up my clone though and got real Dremels, I was not using as many tools anymore as the world went software.

I have a hardly used Multipro 395 that still shines, and hords of different bits, cutters, sanders and stuff. I've tried the flex shaft a few times, I love the idea of it, but I found it hard to work with.  I need more practice I think.

Today I mainly use cutoff wheels and brushes, and I use them on a Dremel Stylus.  I love this little baby for what i do.  I liked it so much I bought their mini cordless driver that looks almost the same, the driver is just OK, but my 18V Craftsman was way too big for the small stuff, and it needs a charge before each use because it is so old the batteries self discharge fast.  Cordless though is just the way to go if you can. 

I've recently updated my power tools so the mini Dremel driver seems very lacking, but still it's very small and uses hex-drive bits so it's still quite useful.  If you have not experienced newer cordless Lithium battery power tools, you need to check them out.

Now that they make a stylus type handle attachment for their larger tools I am very tempted to get their 12V Lithium dremel.  This thread may just push me to do it.

The instructable posted on the mini saw/router table is fantastic... I really want one of those, I think I have found a project I have to do.  I don't have that dremel, but it's adaptable.  I'll check for updates to see if anyone has done one with the flex shaft, that would be very cool and allow different dremels and more attachments to be used.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #156 on: July 20, 2013, 06:38:54 PM
 ;)

There's a lot of cool stuff out there for Dremels  :tu:

I also have a flexible drive shaft that I use in my polisher, it might be another option for some instead of a Dremel   

Something like this one
http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Shaft-Keyless-Chuck/dp/B001PTSWJ6
Everything’s adjustable

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #157 on: July 20, 2013, 09:46:41 PM
Great Thread! Why is it so burried.   Thanks to sparky415 though, I found it from a link.

hardly buried, and still rather active thread!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #158 on: July 20, 2013, 11:51:01 PM

By burried, I was refering to its location "Forum »Non Tool Forum »Gadget Freak/EDC Forum", but I agree with the way the forum listing flattens the hierarchy it's not really burried.  I admit it I don't leave the Swiss forum for more than a few minutes a month and forgot that the tree was artificial.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #159 on: July 21, 2013, 08:57:51 AM

By burried, I was refering to its location "Forum »Non Tool Forum »Gadget Freak/EDC Forum", but I agree with the way the forum listing flattens the hierarchy it's not really burried.  I admit it I don't leave the Swiss forum for more than a few minutes a month and forgot that the tree was artificial.

I miss a lot because I normally hang out where the rust is  :)

I'm too easily tempted by the shiny things  :ahhh :ahhh
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #160 on: July 22, 2013, 04:02:23 AM
I miss a lot because I normally hang out where the rust is  :)

I'm too easily tempted by the shiny things  :ahhh :ahhh
A Dremel makes rusty things, shiny things.   :drool:

us Offline MedusaOblongata

Reply #161 on: October 31, 2013, 12:32:55 PM
I've been using Dremels and clones for years. They're great tools. For anyone who doesn't already know, the collet system sucks. Get a Keyless Chuck to use with all size bits (actually, get a few, as they get sticky after a while). And, Dremel bits at your local hardware store cost a small fortune if you need more than a couple, get bits and stuff from http://www.widgetsupply.com/category/dremel.html  I've been buying from them for years. Oh, and be careful if you're new to Dremeling, as you can destroy things very quickly, so practice on kitchen knives or scrap before you try to mod your favorite knives and MTs, and keep your Dremel away from your gun unless you really know what you're doing.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #162 on: October 31, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
Also if you are new to Dremeling wear safety glasses  ;)

Those little cutoff disks etc explode  :ahhh :ahhh
Everything’s adjustable

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #163 on: October 31, 2013, 07:27:26 PM

+1

<-- From a guy who spent one December 31st at the eye doctors getting a metal splinter dug out from his eye. :facepalm:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #164 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:18 AM

+1

<-- From a guy who spent one December 31st at the eye doctors getting a metal splinter dug out from his eye. :facepalm:
Ugh, that sent shivers down my spine! I don't do to well with FOD in eyes! I can scrape, cut or pry anything out of arms, hands legs ect, but eyes.... :ahhh:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #165 on: November 01, 2013, 02:18:27 AM

Yeah i learnt that little fact but not with a dremel but with a 4 inch angle grinder, suddenly i felt my face bombarded by hard pieces of disc, luckily there was a ninja angel guarding my eyes and i came unschated  :P

us Offline afi1

Reply #166 on: November 01, 2013, 02:26:45 AM
I've got a Dremel 200 and its probably my most used tool.  I've used it for everything, even cutting the bead of a motorcycle tire to get it off the wheel more easily.  I use it extensively for Glock and other polymer framed handgun modifications, too.  I couldn't imagine living without one. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #167 on: December 06, 2013, 12:01:44 AM
Put it to work today for working on a little leather project so I took a quick pic, sorry it ain't the best it was off of the ipad.. JR

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #168 on: December 15, 2013, 12:33:12 AM
Ok, now I want one. I am  :drool: over a Dremel 4000.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #169 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:34 AM
Just ordered a Dremel 4000...... Starting to remember how much my wallet hate this forum and why Mastercard love this forum :P

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #170 on: December 18, 2013, 03:54:18 AM
Just ordered a Dremel 4000...... Starting to remember how much my wallet hate this forum and why Mastercard love this forum :P
Ain't that the freaking truth! JR

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #171 on: December 27, 2013, 09:52:46 PM
I can now join this club!  :D

I received a $50 Home Depot gift card, so I used that to go towards the Dremel 4200 kit.
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/4200-series-ez-change-high-performance-rotary-tool-kit/818030

I've been wanting to get one for a few years now, and I was going to get the cheaper set, but figured that the 4200 came with some extras that I would probably buy later down the road, so I figured might as well get this set.  With the gift card, I didn't mind the price too much.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll find something to try it out on!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #172 on: December 28, 2013, 12:05:56 AM
I can now join this club!  :D

I received a $50 Home Depot gift card, so I used that to go towards the Dremel 4200 kit.
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/4200-series-ez-change-high-performance-rotary-tool-kit/818030

I've been wanting to get one for a few years now, and I was going to get the cheaper set, but figured that the 4200 came with some extras that I would probably buy later down the road, so I figured might as well get this set.  With the gift card, I didn't mind the price too much.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll find something to try it out on!!

Hey,  welcome aboard!

I have three Dremels but I can't remember which ones they are. I know that two of them are small battery powered and bright blue. The other is corded and dual speed. When I get back from vacay here in Indy I'll check them out and post nomenclature stuff and images. (note to self: check Dremels when you get back from Indy)

Hey stealth007, you know were still waiting,, lol. JR

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #173 on: December 28, 2013, 12:18:12 AM

Yeah, yeah!¡! :twak: me for that. If I remember after I get back from the shop (stupid TBI) :think:

Sent from Terry's Texting Tool
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #174 on: December 28, 2013, 01:45:47 AM

Yeah, yeah!¡! :twak: me for that. If I remember after I get back from the shop (stupid TBI) :think:

Sent from Terry's Texting Tool
Hey 9 months is better then waiting a whole year! Lol, JR

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #175 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:36 PM
Well I got the Dremel 4000 right before christmas and finally godt to use it yesterday. Used it to polish the barrel on one of my pistols and lets just say that Dremel + Autosol = really shiny.

es Offline Sparkydave

Reply #176 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:43 AM
I have a Clarke one too with a flex shaft. Don't really use it that much but comes in handy on occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #177 on: January 16, 2014, 11:56:02 PM
I let my son borrow my corded Dremel for a guitar restoration and he brought it back telling me, "you know this thing only works when you squeeze it?" It did work fine before I let him use it :rant:

Sent from the Millennium Falcon via AG-2G quad laser cannons

Terry

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #178 on: January 17, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
I let my son borrow my corded Dremel for a guitar restoration and he brought it back telling me, "you know this thing only works when you squeeze it?" It did work fine before I let him use it :rant:

That doesn't prevent you from taking a pic :rofl: lol JR

us Offline stealth007s

Reply #179 on: January 17, 2014, 12:12:06 AM
That doesn't prevent you from taking a pic :rofl: lol JR

I'm about 1000 miles from it right now in Maine so is that good enough for you for now JR? :whistle: :D

Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31