Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another cheap keychain tool.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Another cheap keychain tool.
on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:19 PM
This one comes with an LED, Phillips screwdriver, medium and small flat drivers, bottle opener and knife.

OK, so the knife is about as sharp as a pillow and the small flat (that's supposed to be on the end of the bottle opener) basically doesn't exist, but the Phillips is surprising well formed so it's not all bad.  The LED is the standard 3mm with blue colour, nothing you wouldn't expect.  The scales are quite a nice shade of red as well. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Act2uToo

Re: Another cheap keychain tool.
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33:16 PM
That looks like what is sold as a Swiss+Tech KMTCSSV Mini 7-in-1 KeyChain MultiTool.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:02 PM
What about the important part?  How does the bottle opener work?

:D

Def

Sent from my Motorola Atrix digital multitool.

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 11:58:47 AM
Mine came in a couple of days ago from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/170997732498?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 . I got it with a view to making a multi-key tool. It feels heavy and comes in at 65g (2.3oz?) - I think it would be lighter if the tools were replaced with keys. The bottle opener... works.
The tools have a stop at 90° and 180° - when fully open the light shines in the same direction. The light isn't fantastic - I wonder if it could be upgraded somehow? The springs(???) are quite strong - quite a bit of force is required to open them and they are quite snappy.
I unscrewed the cover to assess its modding potential and when I prised the plastic scales off the parts for the light went everywhere before I could see how they were assembled.  :facepalm:

Once the scales are off and batteries and washers etc have flown in all directions you can see the tools are all riveted into a metal unit. I won't undo these rivets until I am sure I can replace them, besides I may be moving in a few months anyway.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%