Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs in Bangkok

be Offline jeroen.thys.37

SAKs in Bangkok
on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Guys, I've got some questions.... Next Saturday I'm leaving for ten days of sun and sea in Thailand. I need it after a year of hard work. ;) I searched some Victorinox stores online in Bangkok and might find some nib discontinued models over there. Don't worry... This takes half a day, so the rest will be sun and sea... :) Does someone know some place over there? And is it safe to take a SAK to Thailand. I've searched on Google, but all I can find are a lot of opinions, no facts... I was thinking of my Soldier '10 or maybe something smaller... Oh, and how about buying some knives over there and getting them over here?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:26:36 PM by jeroen.thys.37 »

us Offline stax

Re: SAKs in Bangkok
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:44:25 AM
I have traveled to Thailand twice in the last five years.  Both trips I packed a SAK in my checked bagage without issue.   Whether it is legal or not, I don't know, but I did see several stalls along the Sukhumvit in BKK selling knives, brass knuckles, throwing stars and the like.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Re: SAKs in Bangkok
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:42:58 AM
I went to Thailand a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time was Thai but had lived in Australia for half her life so I had a"local"as a guide without any worries of her turning out to be a ladyboy.
From what I saw I wouldn't trust anything not in a Victorinox shop.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%