Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman production timeline. 112452

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,322
Re: Leatherman production timeline.
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2020, 07:41:49 AM »
Thank you Steve, Poncho  :hatsoff:

Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.
New User Posts: 3
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2020, 03:25:56 PM »
Attached is a pic of the one I have carried as long as I can remember and it doesn't fit all the criteria of the timeline. No markings except the TM. Can you tell me how old it is? Is it worth anything? Is it a rare unit?
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 52,541
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2020, 04:03:29 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum   :cheers:

Check it against the PST chronology thread, first page. It's most likely an early 90's model. Hard to tell from your lo res picture. Have you checked the inside of the handles for a date code ?
Global Moderator Just Bananas Posts: 64,268
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2020, 04:35:32 AM »
Hi :waving: and welcome to  :MTO: Ck :cheers:

:iagree: with Steve about the date and finding out closer to what you have from the first post in the thread :tu:
Newbie Posts: 42
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2021, 04:37:16 AM »
Alright you updated the list cool thanks man :multi:
there is an attachment that was made around the time of the St 200. I think it's the only attachment before a whole bunch of accessories and bits were introduced. I forgot the name of it but I remember how hard it was to put the c-clip in the top. It could swivel 45 degrees and 90. It was a plate that would fit between your jaw when you pull the handles apart, U can  squeeze on it and it stays in place. It is a 1/4" adapter/nut driver used primarily for the screws that are closest to the inside of the windshield on a vehicle. You can take a short Phillips/Flat bit and not fall out of the socket.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:43:04 AM by ToolAssembly »
« Reply #365 on: March 18, 2021, 04:44:05 AM »
there is an attachment that was made around the time of the St 200. I think it's the only attachment before a whole bunch of accessories and bits were introduced. I forgot the name of it but I remember how hard it was to put the c-clip in the top. It could swivel 45 degrees and 90. It was a plate that would fit between your jaw when you pull the handles apart, U can  squeeze on it and it stays in place. It is a 1/4" adapter/nut driver used primarily for the screws that are closest to the inside of the windshield on a vehicle. It can fit a short Phillips/Flat bit and not fall out of the socket.
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2021, 05:18:56 AM »

Tool Adapter. That's the one that was manufactured to fit the super tool at the time that super tool 200 was in the makings.
« Reply #367 on: March 18, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »
Tool Adapter. That's the one that was manufactured to fit the super tool at the time that super tool 200 was in the makings. There were tools in the museum case in the front office entrance. They were specialty tools for electricians. There really are tools that most eyes have not seen that Tim designed before PST came out.
« Reply #368 on: March 18, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
The Original Tool Adapter and the Universal Tool Adapter are both awesome accessories for most of the Old School LM and even a lot of other brand MTs :salute: I have the Original with me daily in my backpack and another that is NIB :cheers: They really add a lot of versatility to a MT :like:

I am also a big Supertool (the whole family of tools) fan as well as a big fan of the PST and it's variants :cheers:
Sr. Member Posts: 325
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2021, 07:11:30 AM »
Is there anyone who makes statistics on the folding knives made by Leatherman?
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2021, 04:33:32 PM »
Off hand, I am not sure that many keep up with the knives :think: but maybe we do have someone that does and they will make themselves known :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD
25%